Sign in to follow this  
MaineDad

First mow of the year!

MaineDad

Well I took the tiller off the 314-8 and put the mowing deck on to do the first mow of the year. Sorry no pictures, because I had to finish with the lights on :drool:

Ahhh love the smell of freshly cut grass :omg:

jtmoyer

i've got 4 mows in. 3 with the wheelhorses. finely got a bagger for the horse so i could mow with it. it felt great compared to mowing with the craftsman. :omg:

Mike

I've mowed 5 times, was going to mow today, but sitting here hearing the lighting and rain, like 2" yesterday and today and still raining, flood warnings out, so might have to wait till saturday, going to Portland tomorrow. :omg:

jtmoyer

sitting here hearing the lighting and rain, like 2" yesterday and today and still raining, flood warnings out, so might have to wait till saturday,

sounds like your near me i'm in columbus in. still raining. every year since i've moved here i think i need an ark.

Mike

yeah, Avoca, (Bedford)

jerrell

:omg: you guys are lucky, since the middle of april we have had 26 in of rain and it is raining now. out of that time we had 2 days of sun, i mowed one time about 2 weeks ago. my lawn grass is about 6 to 9 in tall now and gonna be a bugger to mow.

almost all gardens are ruined , the plants drowned or rotted, my tomatoes and onions, corn are doing ok in the barrels , i guess they are draining out but the plants i had in the ground are gone,

but thankful we have had no really serious weather like MO had last nite,

bustedglass

I have 4 mows in myself. But, like everywhere else, the rain won't stop long enough to get a good looking job :omg: .

Bow_Extreme

I guess I should have posted pics of some of my lawn. It's looking very good and the rain has been minimal over the last week. We did get rain last nigt but I think things will be dried up good by tomorrow. I've mowed 3 times and probably could have mowed at least 2 more times prior to the first but it was too wet. The 60" deck on the 520H has been doing an amazing job!!

dkopp

Does anyone have a set of pontoons that fit a C series horse. I'm in SE MO and I've only cut twice now and am going to have to use the push mower this next time. I cut ruts in almost every area of my yard the last two times I mowed. I darn near sank to China with my little Murray which shouldn't leave a rut much less a mark as little as it weighs. The ground is so saturated here that it looks like I'm driving on a big marshmallow as the tires move over the ground.

Bow_Extreme

You need wider tires or tracks for that. I would go for Tracks over toons.

dkopp

Anybody ever put duals, front and back on a MTD or Murray type? You can't steer with the front wheels in the soft spots, it will just push the ground in front of the tires. The ground here is about the consistency of thick gravy.

jtmoyer

Anybody ever put duals, front and back on a MTD or Murray type? You can't steer with the front wheels in the soft spots, it will just push the ground in front of the tires. The ground here is about the consistency of thick gravy.

put more flower on your yard, but mix good so you don't get lumps :omg:

jtmoyer

i have not sank in with the ags on yet. i was thinking about taking them off but i may need them to paddle through the yard. maybe a set of snow skis on the front would help.

MaineDad

Replace the tiller tines on a rototiller with paddles and you've got a Wheel Horse outboard...

farmerall

I have only mowed 1/2 of a time this year with my wheel horse. I rebuilt my carb and then I ran out of gas because the carb for some reason leaks worse than it did before I rebuilt it :omg: . It only leaks when it is idling of shut off. When I was mowing I ran out of gas and it didn't want to stay running again so I gave up and later mowed with my brothers John Deere.

stevasaurus

hummm...wettest spring in a long time...best winter in along time (depending on your point of view)...maybe the Myans are right...end of the world in 2012 dec 23.

passing through the plane of the Milky Way Galaxie...it is all about gravity...

you should see my hour-glass figure :drool: all the sand is in the bottom. :omg:

wait till it is so hot and we need that water. :drool:

gwgdog66

I've mowed 5 times this year and need to mow about three more times. The rain just won't quit here either. I'd rather have rain then wild fires and blowing dust.