Pullstart

New XI in the herd!

WHX??

If that was the one in Grand Rapids you stole it too! 

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

If that was the one in Grand Rapids you stole it too! 

I was there within an hour of the posting!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Seat time or I'm telling the guys what you paid for it! :greetings-clappingyellow:  I've never driven a tractor with cruise control! 

Id offer to take it off your hands with a small profit but I'm TRACTOR HEAVY! 

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 4

Pullstart
Just now, WHX24 said:

Seat time or I'm telling the guys what you paid for it! :greetings-clappingyellow:  I've never driven a tractor with cruise control! 

wanna come to MI for a weekend?  You can even crap in my camper!:ROTF:

• Haha 5

bds1984
50 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I was there within an hour of the posting!

I saw it the minute it went up and really thought hard about it but I have more tractors than I have yard and garage!  You'll want to put one of your loaders on this one!
I figured if I didn't scoop it up that you would. :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, bds1984 said:

I saw it the minute it went up and really thought hard about it but I have more tractors than I have yard and garage!  You'll want to put one of your loaders on this one!
I figured if I didn't scoop it up that you would. :ROTF:

I am thinking this loader from Duke, I picked it up in May.  I had destined it for the 1054 I have but this might be better suited indeed!

I know this was a hot commodity when it went up, I knew I had to act fast.  In my 50 minutes of prep and travel to get there, he had 15-20 calls and texts and numerous messages too.  I’m glad I got there first, he was excited that my plans were to add to the collection! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pollack Pete

Ah.......the " modern " Wheel Horses.Hope you don't forget about the old,square Horses.They still need attention too.Have fun with your new toy.

• Thanks 1

WHX??
6 minutes ago, pullstart said:

had to act fast.

Know what ya mean Kev this gem popped up for 50 clams and was gone already. Very local is the sad part & Dan could have scored it after work! :crying-yellow:

Yah I'm tub heavy but...... look how strait the back is!  :lol:

00000_2TTfBjOLkWn_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

bds1984

It'll make a great loader tractor.  I had one for a minute last year and the best mod I did to it was disable the stupid smart steering system.  

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
8 minutes ago, bds1984 said:

It'll make a great loader tractor.  I had one for a minute last year and the best mod I did to it was disable the stupid smart steering system.  

Yep, I’ve got about 3 or 4 hours on it, after an hour or so I u did the linkage and let it lay for now.  Immediate improvement!

JoeM

Some folks shy away from the xi's and I figure they are a little more difficult to work on as compared to the earlier 520H tractors. I think they are a best kept secret.

I have several of those now and I figure as you found out, taking off the main tin is a engine puller. I use an 1/8" brake line attached to the blow gun to get in and under the fly wheel area.

Weaknesses, smart spark coils is one. Kohler makes a kit from for just over 100$ that will retro fit to standard magneto coils if you loose a coil. 

Another is the voltage detection unit (battery charge). Not available but it just operates the idiot light on the dash, taking the bulb out best fix.

Smart turn steering, decreases hydo engagement when the steering wheel is turned, you either love it or hate it. Can be tubed to see how to disabled easily. 

And the last thing is the seat switch. All of the power for the ignition is run through the seat switch and if the switch gets any resistance things get erratic. (Smart spark and liquid cooled engines)

Congrats on the find! and hey looks like the grill is intact! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

rick

Nice machine!

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

I have heard about the foam seal, I see one torn between the engine and “firewall”.  What does this tear effectively allow or prevent?

JoeM
30 minutes ago, pullstart said:

foam sea

keeps the cool intake air from mixing with the hot air in the engine compartment. I have replaced one with some cheep window foam from wally world. seems to hold up okay. Toro is very proud of thiers.

• Thanks 1

Shynon

I like mine with my loader on it. Just need to get the powersteering on it.

20200527_202919.jpg

20200607_103357.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

Achto
4 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Know what ya mean Kev this gem popped up for 50 clams and was gone already.

Maybe my wife saw the add and bought it to surprise me???

Ya right !!!:hilarious:

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 5

WHX??

You showing off my dibs tractor again Tom? :lol:

• Haha 2

tom2p
13 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I've never driven a tractor with cruise control! 

???

sure you have - you have a 520-H 

( multiple 520's )

Edited by tom2p
  • Haha 1

D_Mac

Yes that is a very nice tractor, but it is no Speedanza !!!

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

The PO stated that the deck is not level.  He dumped time and money into inspections and repairs.  I found the other night that there are two eye bolts on the tractor lift mechanism....  well, only one eyebolt has a nut on it, so it’s only lifting the left side up!

AF469C1E-4CDB-4DE8-AE13-D60F7627C1B0.jpeg

EB0690EC-796E-4E0F-A55D-8470BB67F568.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

bds1984
46 minutes ago, pullstart said:

The PO stated that the deck is not level.  He dumped time and money into inspections and repairs.  I found the other night that there are two eye bolts on the tractor lift mechanism....  well, only one eyebolt has a nut on it, so it’s only lifting the left side up!

AF469C1E-4CDB-4DE8-AE13-D60F7627C1B0.jpeg

EB0690EC-796E-4E0F-A55D-8470BB67F568.jpeg

That was the exact same issue I had with my 520xi.  I don't know how the PO broke a solid eye-bolt but years of it wore away the deck wheels and slightly tweaked the deck.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

I gave this beast a bath today, and while I still think of a name I consider if I should wet sand the brush marks out or leave it as is as a worker?

D8886317-3998-4EF5-AF39-1DA9CF023389.jpeg

2BC9A2A6-8AB3-4178-A03C-0980B6B70FDA.jpeg

BECA7553-C757-4686-9ECE-93FEA4E2A26F.jpeg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

I had a 520xi but I still preferred my 520H IDK if it is just that after 20+ years I can pretty much do everything my hands and hardly ever touch the actual brake pedal as I found for ME the rocker pedal for the Hydro was awkward to use vs a twin pedal like on a JD or CC then also the the hydraulic lift is on opposite sides and I found myself lift/lowering the deck thinking it was the motion control... Good luck and hope you enjoy it very much... I seem to have found my substitute for a tractor in that size with my Mahindra eMax.

IMAG2992.jpg

IMAG2965.jpg

client_PART_1538271297307_IMAG2968.jpg

IMAG2993.jpg

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
5 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I had a 520xi but I still preferred my 520H IDK if it is just that after 20+ years I can pretty much do everything my hands and hardly ever touch the actual brake pedal as I found for ME the rocker pedal for the Hydro was awkward to use vs a twin pedal like on a JD or CC then also the the hydraulic lift is on opposite sides and I found myself lift/lowering the deck thinking it was the motion control... Good luck and hope you enjoy it very much... I seem to have found my substitute for a tractor in that size with my Mahindra eMax.

IMAG2992.jpg

IMAG2965.jpg

client_PART_1538271297307_IMAG2968.jpg

IMAG2993.jpg

Maybe never running a 520 before this, I haven’t yet adapted any muscle memory like that.  I see what you mean, and if I were in your shoes I might feel the same about kitty wompus backwards stuff :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1