PeacemakerJack

A special birthday gift for Judge

oliver2-44

52 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Once again, Red Square is a great forum and not just for tractors, for friendships...

Never underestimate the power you have to make someone’s day, week, month, or year!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

12Horse Paladin

Y'all know what i think of Dan; the Mafia ( that i have met)😉

Mr @Achto; Dan...You, Sir, my Friend...

You are a Class Act.👍🏼👍🏼

There, too, though:

I think Y'all are.😊

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2

SylvanLakeWH

Simply outstanding!

:notworthy:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

Pullstart

So cool guys!  Happy Birthday Judge!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

D_Mac

@Achto .... Have I ever told you how much I would love to have a 1936 Harley Davidson Knucklehead ? Boy I get sooooo excited just thinking and talking about them. I know you cant see but I am grinning from ear to ear just thinking about riding one someday. Just thought you might like to know that ! My birthday was the 13th !!

• Haha 8

ACman

First of:hbd: Judge and enjoy your first dirt bike :handgestures-thumbupright: !!! :auto-dirtbike:

This group of people here on :rs:simply amazes me with all the generous acts I’ve seen over the years . Dan you didn’t just make Judge and Josh’s day but mine and probably others too . :notworthy:

Edited by ACman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart 2

Tractorhead

Great to see that nice Honda will be sponsored to Hand‘s they really appreciate it.

Also from my side of the Pond,

Thanks Dan, you’re doing it right !

👍

Happy Birthday Judge.  🎁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

Nice little bike. Lucky lad. :thumbs:

• Like 5

rjg854

Happy birthday Judge!  This is so very cool on so many levels.  Thanks to Dan :text-bravo:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

953 nut

I have quit watching the morning news because it is an awfl way to start my day.    Coming to Red Square restores my faith in the generosity and love that is in this world.   Thanks to Dan and so many others who help put a smile on my face each morning.

Motocross tricks birthday card | Zazzle.com | Happy birthday ...           Happy Birthday Judge!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

The Tuul Crib

You wont be able to wipe than grin off 

his face!! Those are a blast to ride! 
Have fun with it!  :woohoo:

• Excellent 4

12Horse Paladin
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

I have quit watching the morning news because it is an awfl way to start my day.    Coming to Red Square restores my faith in the generosity and love that is in this world.   Thanks to Dan and so many others who help put a smile on my face each morning.

Motocross tricks birthday card | Zazzle.com | Happy birthday ...           Happy Birthday Judge!

This.

Ive quit watching the news, too...sigh...

Now, it's 'Paladin' , n here, with my morning coffee...

And id like to add my "HappyBirthday!" to Judge, as well😊

Edited by 12Horse Paladin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12Horse Paladin
3 hours ago, Achto said:

I dug through my garage to see if I had a '36 Knuckle laying around. Unfortunately all I found was a '38 Knuckle, & that was only a photograph of one.:D  

@D_Mac's post, n this one, is funny.

Cuz kiddin aside, Dan, i was thinkin if i ever get my mess (you know) settled, i am/was seriously going to contact you next yr, to maybe pick your brain about somethings concering two wheels, m'self, cuz you do know your stuff.

Edited by 12Horse Paladin
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

That is such a cool looking bike, and I have to say, Judge looks great on it.  Dan is special people for sure.  Happy Birthday Judge.  :hbd:

I also have stopped starting my day with the news.  For me, it's "Leave it to Beaver", "Perry Mason", and "Pettycoat Junction".   Then I bop down to the Man Cave and catch up with what is happening with Red Square.  Be safe Judge.  :auto-dirtbike:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

The more I peruse this thread the more I am happier. Nice to know Steve has still got a penchant for the ole beav! 

The big thing is what better way to teach a young gun to ride motor scooters. 

In a few short years Jack he is gonna be @Coulter Caleb s age and get his license and what better way to get him just a little bit of freedom and get to a dollar an hour paycheck as I had. Kudos Dan. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

tom2p
On 8/16/2020 at 7:19 PM, PeacemakerJack said:

It is hard to quantify all that this community means to so many...I have witnessed all kinds of selfless acts of friendship from those who were at one point total strangers, yet as a result of commitment to a little red and white tractor, the become friends.  Six years ago, I couldn’t have picked Dan @Achto out of a lineup if someone was forcing me to but today he did such a special kindness for my third born that it brings me to tears as I type this post.  Judge is a good kid, mild mannered, and much quieter than his older siblings.  However, loves all things mechanical and having just turned 10 years old started to express the desire to purchase a mini bike/dirt bike.  We started looking around for one but weren’t having any luck finding the right fit for a reasonable price.  Those that we found, sold before we could bring the cash.  A few weeks ago I mentioned it to the Local Circle at the Symco tractor show.  Dan grabbed me and said he might have something for Judge.  I make longer story short, he showed up today with a very special gift for Judge...

D0D123B7-681E-4060-A072-F7E99E30FCA2.jpeg.54d3591e06356e9b18db8ec1834d76f5.jpeg

This is a 1977 Honda and I’ll let Dan fill you in as to the backstory but suffice it to say, Judge is overjoyed.  My favorite moment was when Dan asked him what he would give for it.

Judge answered “$600.”

Dan responded, “lower.”

Judge, “$400”

Dan, “lower”

Judge, “$200”

Dan, “lower”

Judge, “$50”

Dan, “lower”

Finally Judge got the picture and realized it was a gift from Dan to him.  ❤️  He couldn’t wait to ride it and as he strapped on his helmet, Dan gave him some instructions.

14307E4E-4C17-445E-8F3C-4F3CF6897F30.jpeg.ea1488c2990c49b7a722abd939813f6a.jpeg

Of course he killed it on his first attempt but the second one, he was out and rolling.  Granted, he has never driven a clutch vehicle and it will take him some practice to get comfortable but we all had to start somewhere ourselves.

76A8CABF-1B58-4BDF-8346-FFDFBD54B907.jpeg.0fb5a94376a5a963eb4cf7406cfc3728.jpeg

Before long he was looking the part and ready to tear up my already anemic looking yard 😂

Dan, I can’t express how grateful we are to you for this act of kindness and will be sure to “pay it forward”.  I know that Jonathan, for one (me too), will never forget this as long as he lives.  We would’ve gladly paid you for this sweet little bike but are so thankful for your generosity.  

70BB5C43-D7FD-46E4-BAFF-82BC068F5D99.jpeg.2acb213c4b80db396c99fa5a20f55f4f.jpeg

Once again, Red Square is a great forum and not just for tractors, for friendships...

@WHX24, @Coulter Caleb, @stevasaurus, @Shynon, @pullstart, @19richie66, @WVHillbilly520H, @Vinylguy, @prondzy, @Sparky, @AMC RULES, @953 nut, @ebinmaine

and the list could go on and on of those of you who have done special kindnesses for me and or my family through the short 6 years that I have been a member here. I can’t thank you enough one and all🤗

Never underestimate the power you have to make someone’s day, week, month, or year!

nice !

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

tom2p
On 8/16/2020 at 9:25 PM, Achto said:

I listened to Judge talk about wanting a mini bike and really enjoyed the enthusiasm that he was showing. It reminded me of buying my first bike and how excited I was when I purchased it. My first real motorcycle (after owning a couple mini bikes) was a 1975 XR75 that I worked my tail off to get the $100 to purchase used in 1982. That bike is long gone but I've always kept a 4 stroke 75 or 80cc Honda around, guess I just have a soft spot for the little bullet proof machines. :dunno: This bike I acquired after a side line customer failed to pick it up after I told him what it all needed to be safe to ride. (Little things like replace 8 missing spokes on a loose wobbly rear rim, rear brake linkage, neck bearings)  After it sat in my garage for 3yrs I decided to re-lace the rear rim and fix the necessary safety issues. Over the next 18yrs it saw limited use, usually 30 to 50hrs per year.

I'm really happy to see the bike go to good home where it will be ridden and enjoyed. I also explained to Judge that once he learns how to effectively ride this bike that he will have the mechanics down to ride almost any bike made. It's not in perfect shape but it is ride-able and all of the important controls work on it. I explained to Josh & Judge that it could really use a top end rebuild as it smokes pretty bad. I'm guessing that will be a good father son project over the winter, in the mean time they should have the rest of this season to enjoy riding it.

Enjoy the ride Judge!!:thumbs2:

the little Honda 70s and 75s were a blast - and they were bulletproof 

would love to have an original gun metal grey XR75 to ride around the house 

Honda had a smaller 2 stroke bike that was just as cool if not cooler - MR50 ... neat little bike that was just barely louder than a sewing machine 

my first bike was a yamaha mini enduro 60 ... back in 1971 ... great times 

( after lawn mower engine mini bike)

Edited by tom2p
  • Excellent 1