D_Mac

Another "Other Brand"

D_Mac

@diesel cowboy Love to see some photos of them. By harder to work on I mean ( at least on this model) there are more things you have to remove to get to the issue. This one is really starting to grow on me.

@WVHillbilly520H make a trip up north and I will sell ya this 106. 42 inch deck and snow blower but no creeper gear.

So today was such a nice day I thought " why not paint the snow blower " I am not happy with how it came out. The PO had so much grease on it I knew the paint wasnt going to hold so I tried painting around those places. Here are some before after photos. I didnt take a picture of the bad spot. There is another piece that attaches to the front of the tractor, then the blower attaches to that piece. Better then it was but I will see what I can do. Its coming along.

20200815_181114.jpg

20200818_153334.jpg

20200818_153349.jpg

20200818_153311.jpg

20200818_153322.jpg

• Like 4

D_Mac

So I got the blower all looking nice pretty. I thought about what I can do for the hood. At first I didnt want to paint it but today I decided to do it. It was already a  little scratched up and rusted, figured I cant make it worse. I went ahead and sprayed it with the same paint I used on the blower. Came out ok. I wanted to touch up some of the yellow but it was painted before and I am not sure what color yellow they used. At first I thought it was all original paint but now I see it was for sure touched up some time ago. Still have to tackle the deck. That will be next. Heres a pic where you can see some of the rust on the hood before I painted it.

20200815_181030.jpg

20200819_165606.jpg

20200819_165624.jpg

• Like 2

Redneckdavis

Hey. To each there own. I think I would have cleared that hood tho. Nice patina. 

I like how you left the decals

D_Mac

Normally I like to keep the original paint too. This Cub had already had some paint work done to it. The hood was never painted but the yellow parts of the tractor were touched up. Was not done recently but you can tell it was done some time ago. So I decided to touch it up some more. I just sprayed the top of the hood, leaving the sides of the hood and dash alone. Paint matched really good so it blended well. I will rub a coat of wax on it tomorrow. If I get the small hole on the deck welded I am going to have to paint that as well. I really want to see what it looks like with the snow blower attached. Seems to be a pain in the butt to remove mower deck and put on the blower. Wheel Horse is much easier that is for sure.

20200819_184659.jpg

20200819_184813.jpg

20200819_184824.jpg

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

Redneckdavis

That did blend very well. I thought you had talked off decal and painted entire hood. . 

Man I'm glad my cub wasn't that nice. I wouldn't have been able to make it a puller. Lol

D_Mac

Its a pretty nice Cub, but I would trade it in a minute for a Wheel Horse. You really appreciate the " Tach O Matic "  system when your trying to mess with swapping a deck for a snow blower with " other" brands. That being said I am impressed with this Cub. It has many years of service left in it, just not with me. I will be doing a quick maintenance service on it, then send it on its way. What is the saying around here ? " Im full up with tractors right now" 

RandyLittrell

Wish I was closer, I would love that 106!! You can get new wiring harnesses for them as well as every other part. It is 50 years old and looks great, with a little work, it will last a lifetime. I love my horses but love cubs too. One big difference I see is you don's see much work on the tranny's other than a axle seal here and there. They are very robust!! 

Randy

D_Mac

Well I was going to change the oil on it today, but you have to drain it from underneath. I dont feel like wrestling around with the deck today so I will wait until it is a little cooler outside. I just painted the clutch safety screen cover from yellow to cream. Then pushed it back into the garage. I need the room I need to finish it soon.

20200821_135944.jpg

20200821_135916.jpg

20200821_135933.jpg

• Like 2

D_Mac

Just picked these up for 60 bucks IH wheel weights for my Cub project. I will get the correct size carriage bolts but those came with the weights. They also need to be painted. The kid had them on an old Bolens. I thought for 60 bucks I should pick them up in case I wind up keeping the Cub. So now it has the 42 inch blower, chains for the tires, and the rear wheel weights. Also under the seat is a 30lb dumb bell. All I am missing is the SNOW !!

20200825_163720.jpg

• Like 1

71_Bronco
16 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Just picked these up for 60 bucks IH wheel weights for my Cub project. I will get the correct size carriage bolts but those came with the weights. They also need to be painted. The kid had them on an old Bolens. I thought for 60 bucks I should pick them up in case I wind up keeping the Cub. So now it has the 42 inch blower, chains for the tires, and the rear wheel weights. Also under the seat is a 30lb dumb bell. All I am missing is the SNOW !!

20200825_163720.jpg

Nice score on those weights. I've been looking for a set, but the cheapest I've found them is $125 for a pair.

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

I wasnt sure if it was a good price or not. Figured I was just wasting money if I sell it. I dont think I would get more for the package with or without the weights. Wish they were larger.  Cub guys ......What do you think the whole package is worth? Tractor runs great. 42 inch deck. 42 inch blower. Tire chains. Wheel weights. Manuals, extra belts and blades. New battery , New clutch.

squonk

If you decide to sell the cub take the weights off. Sell them separate or put them on another tractor. They should fit the 

Lambert. 

• Excellent 1

D_Mac

Well I finished with the touching up of this thing. Painted everything I wanted to paint. Still waiting on the wheel weights to dry. All thats left to do is drop the deck. Then I can change the oil. Scrap the underside of the deck. Maybe take it to patch the small hole. Then I want to attach the snow blower, just to make sure I do indeed have all the parts. Snap a few photos of it with the blower on. Then uninstall it and put the deck back on. It is a nice machine, it wont make me into a Cub guy but I appreciate the quality of them. This being my first one still not sure the value. I havent had luck trying to sell my other tractors. I know those are kind of unique and are harder to sell where this one should be easier. I would like to keep it but I cant keep them all.

20200827_103125.jpg

20200827_103054.jpg

20200827_103016.jpg

20200827_103043.jpg

20200827_103221.jpg

20200827_103234.jpg

• Excellent 1

Renrag

Im trying to get this older cub, it is lower and is built and looks like a mini big farming tractor, from what i was told it has a real transmission and rear end, i cant remember if he said 50's or 60's model. Im anxious myself to learn more about the older ones, ive had newer and were pretty decent tractors