chompinthebit

Ol’ Crusty the 1956 rj-35

WHX??

Wow another nice one! :handgestures-thumbupright: 

Couldn't do anything to save the Clinton?

What is you method of lettering tires? 

• Thanks 1

chompinthebit
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Wow another nice one! :handgestures-thumbupright: 

Couldn't do anything to save the Clinton?

What is you method of lettering tires? 

Thanks for the compliment!

the Clinton on it was a later model that was not proper for the tractor anyway so I had worked a deal with the seller not to include it when I got the tractor.

when I did these tires I cleaned them good then sprayed them with Dupli-Color tire paint. Which is really more like a dye. It’s watery and soaks into the rubber. After that I used a white tire paint marker and did the lettering. I had to go over the letters twice to get an even coat.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

71_Bronco

Very nice. I actually like the look of the fresh tires / wheels / engine on the contrasting patina body panels.

• Heart 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

You sir are obviously a very talented person. Everything looks great!

• Thanks 1

chompinthebit
15 minutes ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

Thank you very much for the compliment. I try to be detail oriented

• Like 1

WHX??
30 minutes ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

:text-yeahthat:

We sure do enjoy and appreciate your :text-coolphotos:

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

bottjernat1

Lots of talent going on !! I am super interested in the history of that electric start option tho. Does anyone have any more information on it? Very Cool!

• Thanks 1

chompinthebit
1 minute ago, bottjernat1 said:

Lots of talent going on !! I am super interested in the history of that electric start option tho. Does anyone have any more information on it? Very Cool!

They were made by a company called Motor Wheel Company and branded as Duo-Therm. I know there were several variations for a bunch of different engines. They use a small 115-120v electric motor and would have came with a chord with a online switch. The motor drives a chain, internally there is a sprocket on the recoil side that engages the recoil and it has a cup similar to one for a regular recoil starter. The unit can be mounted in different orientations also. I have around 3 or 4 manuals for different models that I got with REO mower binders

i attached some more pictures of info I have and such.

5A59802A-DA6C-4831-B105-BDA3898CDADB.jpeg

71859F2C-F20C-4FF4-AC0B-05DA5F747CA8.jpeg

E9924B0E-6EF8-4FE0-A6F7-52F9A38475D8.jpeg

80FD5FF3-6506-4DF5-98BD-BD0479661B56.jpeg

4E4C53D8-B869-4D19-B47E-8C2227255951.jpeg

FE49594C-D1EF-4436-9DA5-4A2AF5F2B0DD.jpeg

D1515E1D-3E2B-461E-B8D2-1C6BCD9B7D87.jpeg

F9DF6641-CB66-47CA-ABCA-24E81BB21F58.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

bottjernat1

Wow Super cool! Thanks for all the information!

• Like 1

bottjernat1

Try to google this starter you cant find anything! makes it even more super cool! I see the mail says lagrange indiana. I live by there

Edited by bottjernat1
  • Heart 1

chompinthebit
3 minutes ago, bottjernat1 said:

Try to google this starter you cant find anything! makes it even more super cool!

Thanks! Yea they are very cool, I know of a handful of them but there are not to many out there. I’m just getting started here on RS but I’ve been on the Facebook Wheel horse groups for several years. I’m still learning how this site works 🤪 I like research so I try to learn as much as I can about this stuff. theres  Always something new

• Like 2

bottjernat1
29 minutes ago, chompinthebit said:

Thanks! Yea they are very cool, I know of a handful of them but there are not to many out there. I’m just getting started here on RS but I’ve been on the Facebook Wheel horse groups for several years. I’m still learning how this site works 🤪 I like research so I try to learn as much as I can about this stuff. theres  Always something new

I am on facebook and i have a youTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRboR0C2UE6bqALxax3_h8A/videos

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

What a tractor!  I honestly believe I like this one more than the restored one!  

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Fireman mike

Very good job on the RJ WERE DID YOU  GET THE 1/25 SCALE RJ'S ?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: PM'd you the FB link.

chompinthebit

Put new front tires on yesterday, I think it really made a difference. They look much closer to the original BFG silvertowns 

B77DD9D2-1CA3-4194-A113-F28D98239165.jpeg

A05EB2E6-4E00-4F7A-9973-3FE308DD8F8A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

AMC RULES

Share the link for those here please?

oliver2-44

Please share where you found the reproduction aluminum steering wheel.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by oliver2-44

chompinthebit
On 9/2/2020 at 10:29 PM, oliver2-44 said:

Please share where you found the reproduction aluminum steering wheel.

Thanks in advance.

The aluminum steering wheel came from a gentleman named Mike Wall. I’m not sure if he is on here or not but I know he had ran out of the ones he made. 

chompinthebit
39 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Thank you buddy.

No problem! Anytime! They are nice and have that proper skinny appearance. I’m happy I bought them.

• Like 1