• Thanks 1

953 nut

Thumbs up emoticon Royalty Free Vector Image - VectorStock

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Glad to hear that good news

• Thanks 1

JC 1965

Glad to hear Mrs. M. is doing well Bob. I sent another prayer that the surgery will go well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sparky

Haven’t been on the site in a few days so I hope I’m not to late to wish your wife a successful surgery and a speedy recovery !!

• Thanks 1

dells68

I’ve got personal experience with back pain.  There is no more debilitating pain.  I wish Theresa a successful surgery and speedy healing.  We’ll keep you both in our prayers!

• Thanks 1

dclarke

I just saw this, Bob. Mrs M. will be in my prayers. 

• Thanks 1

wallfish

:pray:

Glad to hear about the good news

• Thanks 1

953 nut

Bob, is Mrs M's spinal surgery going to be done Monday as scheduled?

rmaynard

UPDATE:

So Mrs. M had her Covid-19 test prior to her cardiac catheterization. Covid test was negative, and the cardiac catheter went well and found nothing to be concerned about. She rested at home and remained quarantined until her next Covid-19 pre-test 3 days later for the upcoming spine surgery. Well 2 days after that, the Health Department called her and told her that she tested positive. WHAT?!?!? She hasn't been anywhere. How can that be possible? I've only been out for groceries, and I always wear a mask, social distance, and clean my hands frequently. She was devastated. They canceled her surgery and told her to quarantine until 8/29. I immediately called my doctor who gave me a 15 minute Covid-19 test. I tested negative. The health department called and asked all sorts of questions about where we have been, who we have been with, blah, blah, blah. They text me every morning to see if I have symptoms. So, since the phone call on Wednesday morning, neither one of us has shown any symptoms. We really think that they canceled her surgery over a false positive test. Trouble is, hospital protocol is firm, and no retest until after 10 days. Surgery scheduler says the earliest reschedule is in October unless she can do some fancy shuffling. So that means we both have to quarantine until then, only to hope that she doesn't test positive again. OH MY GOD. 

So what can you do? Nothing. Meanwhile, her pain is getting worse, sleep is the only relief, and that is getting to be a problem as well.

Will keep you all posted. Thanks again for all of your concern.

• Sad 4

ebinmaine

Keep your strength up Bob. 

We're all here for ya. 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Bob, its been some time since i have posted. But a firm believer in prayer and health of course my prayer will be with your wife and you. Prayers for perfection and healing. May the Lords hand be involved.

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Jennifer

My heart and prayers go out to you both!

• Thanks 1

stevasaurus

This virus is going to try to get the best of all of us.  If she is positive, then they are doing the right thing.  Good tests for this virus would certainly go a long way.  Our prayers are with you both.

rmaynard

After the positive Covid test, we both quarantined. After 10 days, the Health Department called and said it was now okay for her to resume normal activities, however, even though I had a negative test, I was to remain in quarantine until 9/2. Go figure that one out. :scratchead: I take my temperature twice daily with nothing over 98.3. Neither of us have (or ever had) any symptoms. Immediately after the release from the Health Department, my wife's doctor said that she needed another Covid test. That was done this past Friday. Today, the doctor called and said it was negative. Did we ever have any doubt?  :angry-banghead:

So surgery has been rescheduled for 10:00 a.m. September 10. That is barring another positive Covid test that needs to be taken again before surgery (hospital rules). The Maynard house is hunkered down until then.

• Sad 2

squonk

Best of luck Bob. I know it is with back pain. I had issues for years until I could only sleep in my recliner and could only walk about 20 ft. Kept working thru it all until I finally convinced the doctor to do a 2nd MRI. I have had 6 MRI’s in all with only 1 showing anything definite. Keep the faith!

rmaynard

It's the morning of the 10th and everything is a go for Mrs. M's spine surgery today. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything remains on schedule. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Godspeed Mrs Bob!  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

PeacemakerJack

Praying🙏🏻

jimt1971

Good luck to the Maynard's today.

ronwh

Praying that all will go well today. 

formariz

Praying that all goes well and that she may have a speedy recovery. Wish the best for her.