Dan.gerous

special edition?

Tractorhead

Celebrate a cool end of a working Day together at the Balcony.

1B8648E0-D51B-4920-9300-75F666C8D2DE.jpeg.f5a9f4a2746541c26d1d3ada925381b9.jpeg

each a adult beverage and let the day passing away.

Dan, if that result mean‘s i‘m a dead man, i can life with that.. 😎

On such cases i died several times in my Life. 😂

Kati know‘s me, she also still know my way of get Things and was laughing about that Advice and mean‘s - 

for a dead Guy you be Active enough for me.

😂

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 4

Tractorhead

It seems you horses are all bought for Work not only for Display.

like it.

👍

• Like 2

Dan.gerous
19 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

It seems you horses are all bought for Work not only for Display.

like it.

👍

Yes they all get used for different jobs, I don't mind if they get dirty as they make our lives so much easier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

tunahead72
1 hour ago, Dan.gerous said:

...Below is a picture of the gang before the new one joins...

IMG_20200811_172357.jpg

And the two-wheeled contraption in the background, what's that? :auto-dirtbike:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dan.gerous
50 minutes ago, tunahead72 said:

And the two-wheeled contraption in the background, what's that? :auto-dirtbike:

Honda XL125, it's my eldest daughters, but my youngest spends more time on it these days.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
16 hours ago, Dan.gerous said:

. The C-161 hood isn't on properly as it doesn't have a bracket at the moment. 

IMG_20200811_172332.jpg

IMG_20200811_172324.jpg

that looks like a mean gang of workers, but I think I like the C-161’s hood rake the most!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dan.gerous
44 minutes ago, pullstart said:

that looks like a mean gang of workers, but I think I like the C-161’s hood rake the most!

It's for extra speed when going to get the milk at the head of the driveway 😊

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Dan.gerous

Once the 416-8 arrives I will get them all out for a photo shoot, might even suit them up with attachments - quite proud of my little herd 😊

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Tractorhead

Nice Herd you own, congrats from the dead man ..

😂

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Dan.gerous
On 8/11/2020 at 5:23 PM, pullstart said:

That’s a nice rig and would likely work circles around your others... but as Jim mentioned, a world of it’s own as far as attachments go.  Ask @PeacemakerJack what he thinks of the Xi series his wife has!  Congrats on the 50th Anniversary edition!

So this one is still for sale.....

I wonder how hard it would be to find a deck for it.........

Will throw up some more pictures of it for your consumption.

Dan.gerous

So it's an xi series with a 20hp something.... That's the extent of my knowledge.

How good are these? Worth risking a divorce?

I don't need it, don't even have a particular job for it in mind, but it would look nice parked up with the rest. Also it's a bit cruel buying it's older brother then leaving it all alone.  Maybe the guy will just give it to me if I look really sad?

IMG_20200818_123132.jpg

IMG_20200818_123206.jpg

IMG_20200818_123240.jpg

IMG_20200818_123303.jpg

IMG_20200818_123330.jpg

• Like 1

Pullstart

Some might say, they were the toughest yet most under appreciated tractors built with the Wheel Horse name on them.  The frame is like that of a 1/2 ton or greater truck!  Ask @PeacemakerJack what he thinks of them, you’ll quickly learn that’s the gem you should be hunting.  My only complaint, being a short guy, is the seat height.  I may end up tossing a lower seat frame on it because the distance to the brake pedal is a stretch for me.  

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Dan.gerous
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

Some might say, they were the toughest yet most under appreciated tractors built with the Wheel Horse name on them.  The frame is like that of a 1/2 ton or greater truck!  Ask @PeacemakerJack what he thinks of them, you’ll quickly learn that’s the gem you should be hunting.  My only complaint, being a short guy, is the seat height.  I may end up tossing a lower seat frame on it because the distance to the brake pedal is a stretch for me.  

I'm on the short side as well, even the C125's are a bit of a stretch!

Stormin

Missed all this while being away. Your certainly building quite a collection, Dan.

Have you heard of the Border Reivers? Used to raid over the border and steal cattle and HORSES. Maybe I should revive the pursuit. :ph34r:

• Haha 4

PeacemakerJack
13 hours ago, pullstart said:

Some might say, they were the toughest yet most under appreciated tractors built with the Wheel Horse name on them.  The frame is like that of a 1/2 ton or greater truck!  Ask @PeacemakerJack what he thinks of them, you’ll quickly learn that’s the gem you should be hunting.  

Thanks for bringing me in on this...

@Dan.gerous the xi series are great and under appreciated machines.  The good news is that more often then not, they are sold for fairly good prices on the second hand market.  I had the good fortune 5 years ago next month to buy a used 523Dxi for my wife.  It is powered by a Daihatsu 3 cylinder 26hp diesel.  It is a great little tractor.  Ours came with a 60” mower deck and a 44” two stage snowblower.  It is a great machine for both duties.  The one downside is that they don’t share any direct attachments with the classic series and so you have to make sure that it comes with what you want or that you will be able to score them on the used market fairly easy.  If not, you could be stuck with just a tractor for sometime.  

66139939-15DC-44E8-BA49-DD537720FB91.jpeg.98cc043a07b172e3668ad7def7ac931d.jpeg

side panels off..

C22AA245-62D1-4FEF-8E94-83233DFC499C.jpeg.a6a7069fa9fbf7d1e5db7ce29c2cf61a.jpeg

Caleb with the D in its Winter clothes!  It is very nice to have power steering when you have that much weight in front of the front axle!

9ABCB9BF-AFC1-464F-A191-A8D1003106FA.jpeg.05a40d41a707ae6e6dd909aa3024a6c2.jpeg

Our biggest horse with our littlest! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Dan.gerous
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Thanks for bringing me in on this...

@Dan.gerous the xi series are great and under appreciated machines.  The good news is that more often then not, they are sold for fairly good prices on the second hand market.  I had the good fortune 5 years ago next month to buy a used 523Dxi for my wife.  It is powered by a Daihatsu 3 cylinder 26hp diesel.  It is a great little tractor.  Ours came with a 60” mower deck and a 44” two stage snowblower.  It is a great machine for both duties.  The one downside is that they don’t share any direct attachments with the classic series and so you have to make sure that it comes with what you want or that you will be able to score them on the used market fairly easy.  If not, you could be stuck with just a tractor for sometime.  

66139939-15DC-44E8-BA49-DD537720FB91.jpeg.98cc043a07b172e3668ad7def7ac931d.jpeg

side panels off..

C22AA245-62D1-4FEF-8E94-83233DFC499C.jpeg.a6a7069fa9fbf7d1e5db7ce29c2cf61a.jpeg

Caleb with the D in its Winter clothes!  It is very nice to have power steering when you have that much weight in front of the front axle!

9ABCB9BF-AFC1-464F-A191-A8D1003106FA.jpeg.05a40d41a707ae6e6dd909aa3024a6c2.jpeg

Our biggest horse with our littlest! 

I think that will be the problem over here in the UK, just a quick look around reveals no attachments on the used market.

I have a lot of stuff for the older machines, and this one doesn't even come with a mowing deck.

Maybe if I got the price stupidly low it would be worth it - I don't actually need it so it could just sit in the corner, or tow a bigger trailer I guess.

That diesel machine of yours looks awesome, I bet there wouldn't be much it couldn't handle!

• Like 2

Stormin

Get it cheap and transplant the engine??

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
44 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Get it cheap and transplant the engine??

If I got it.... That's a big if....I would probably just keep it as is and see if any attachments turned up over time. Will be fine towing stuff and maybe figure a way to get a loader for it....

But in reality unless he halves the price I won't be taking it home ☹️ that would be the money set aside for my diesel engine gone.

• Like 1

Dan.gerous

EuGot home from work, then worked all night before a quiet day on Thursday recovering from having 5 hours sleep in the previous 48 hours!

Friday we loaded the ramps into the van and headed south to England and my latest acquisition. It was located on a lovely little smallholding not far from the village of Longridge.

Loaded it in the van then headed home 😊

Want a bad run, only seven hours in total, almost the shortest trip I have ever done for a wheelhorse!

Got it home and took some photographs before calling it a day. In the morning I couldn't get it to start! Must be one of the safety switches as there is nothing happening when you turn the key, all the idiot lights work and battery fully charged but it did nothing.

Haven't had time to go back for an investigation and I'm sure it's something simple, just annoying as I had plans to throw the plow on and clear the drive - instead I have been relegated to weeding the garden!

IMG_20200829_133903.jpg

IMG_20200829_133909.jpg

IMG_20200829_133916.jpg

IMG_20200829_133921.jpg

IMG_20200829_133931.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

Looks to be in fine shape. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Those belt and muffler guards are usually never on a find anymore. 

Yes get the wiring diagram and get those switches checked. You are gonna love the way those Onan's sound! 

• Excellent 1

1995 520H+96+97

With the key in start position, the idiot light will light to tell you which switch to check (seat or pto or gear  shifter in neutral). :wh:

• Thanks 1

Dan.gerous

Got it going, the clutch needed to be pushed in really hard to get it to go.

That Onan sounds beautiful! It just purrs 😁😁

The machine is in great condition @WHX24
there is a bit of surface rust on the paint and a dent in the front but nothing I can't live with.

It's a bit late now but will throw the snow plow on tomorrow and see how it goes - the extra power will be nice, but the fact is so quiet will be even nicer.

Top speed is a bit slow, but it's comparable to most of my C-125's except the last one I brought which seems to go crazy fast compared to everything else.

Anyway, very very happy with this purchase, now to get the last attachments and get the rest of the herd all looking pretty.

Edited by Dan.gerous
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Dan.gerous

Decided to hook on the snow plow today - not as easy as I thought.

Firstly I forgot that this machine didn't have the rear bracket so I had to take it off one of the other machines - not the end of the world.

Once the bracket was in place I mounted the plow, then had to mess around with the lift getting the setting correct and moving the chain etc. All good so far off you ignore the fact that I did this in heavy rain!

When the time came to hook on the blade lever it all went wrong, I hadn't realised that the lever doesn't fit this machine. Had to mess around and jury rig it to clear the brake pedal and exhaust.

After all that I set off and everything worked pretty well apart from a few minor adjustments to my "adaptions". The clutch doesn't return unless you lift it with your foot which made for a couple of exciting moments turning around on the drive - it's a very steep drop so not the place to get things wrong. Will need to sort that out as with the extra power this thing likes to lift the front wheels.

IMG_20200902_175608.jpg

IMG_20200902_175620.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Looks great!

• Like 1