Ed Kennell

Welcome to the Tecky world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??
17 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Welcome to the Tecky world.

Yah you best keep on Squonk's good side then  ... hear tell he loves them teckies. :)

Gotta be later than 68..  plastic fuel tank???  Early 70's no name??? 

Just please don't paint it some God awful color or with what ever rattle can the missus is holding at the time .... :wh: are supposed to be RED! :lol:

Hilarious Dave @Mows4three :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by WHX24
Jab
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dan.gerous

Nice find, did it come with a deck?

How many have you got now?

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Nice! :handgestures-thumbupright:

On another note: 

6 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Just please don't paint it some God awful color or with what ever rattle can the missus is holding at the time .... :wh: are supposed to be RED! :lol:

@WHX24... be afraid... be very afraid... Paint Department gonna come lookin for you... cue the Maine Accented theme from “The Godfather”... your gonna find a Techy WH Head in your bed one of these days... (even the mafia won’t waste a Kohler on that...)

:ph34r:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 6

Dan.gerous
35 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Nice! :handgestures-thumbupright:

On another note: 

@WHX24... be afraid... be very afraid... Paint Department gonna come lookin for you... cue the Maine Accented theme from “The Godfather”... your gonna find a Techy WH Head in your bed one of these days... (even the mafia won’t waste a Kohler on that...)

:ph34r:

Trina is welcome to come to Scotland and paint all my wheelhorse's - a working holiday.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pollack Pete

Looks like a good tractor.I have one Horse here with a Tecumseh.Bought it yrs ago,pushed it off my trailer and never touched it again.It's either a Raider 9 or 10.Would have to go behind my barn and look.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Retired Wrencher

What is this tractor for Eric? looks like to be a good worker enjoy!

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Gotta be later than 68..  plastic fuel tank

The gas tank is a later type, yes. But the shelf was changed as well. 

We believe it to be a 1968 because it has only one pedal and the hood stand still has the (leftover from 67) slide tab slot (empty) for locking the seat pan AND uses the correct push tab like a 68 to actually do so. 

This one has some PO mods on it that can't be explained. 

The paint is a light maroonish color and gone over all the original decals. 

The transmission had been apart before painting. We can see gasket sealer at the seam. The RH axle is 1" shorter than the LH one. The hubs are late model HD type with 2 set screws. Shift knob is an odd shape too. 

Then on the front right there's a pulley mounted on a well built bracket welded to the front of the frame just behind the hood. Also note the box shaped mount on the RH foot rest. We're thinking maybe a plow mount of some sort. Obviously a lifting mechanism. 

After or in between getting the Charger going I'd like to do a quick mechanical resto but Trina can barely look at the paint without reaching for a body grinder so it may get repainted too.   :lol:

@WHX24 we're planning on this one being a nice bright RED. 

Did you know our house front door is now bright red??

1 hour ago, Dan.gerous said:

Nice find, did it come with a deck?

How many have you got now?

Thanks Dan. 

No deck with this one. 

We don't mow with a horse anyway. 

I do have one mowing deck from the C160/Tecumseh project tractor and it's just as rough as the rest of the rig. 

Right now we have:

4 that run and drive. Trina's Pigpen 867, Pony 657, my Cinnamon Horse C160, Patriot Horse B80.

2 close to that. (This and the Charger)

3 project tractors. Her 856 which will likely be fitted with a Chrysler military engine. My C160/Tecumseh. And Colossus. 

LOTS of parts. 

• Excellent 4

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

What is this tractor for Eric? looks like to be a good worker enjoy!

No specific use for this one yet. 

General worker. 

I got it to save it from neglect. 

With the LSD transmission it'll be a good one for our property. 

• Like 2

Dan.gerous
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

The gas tank is a later type, yes. But the shelf was changed as well. 

We believe it to be a 1968 because it has only one pedal and the hood stand still has the (leftover from 67) slide tab slot (empty) for locking the seat pan AND uses the correct push tab like a 68 to actually do so. 

This one has some PO mods on it that can't be explained. 

The paint is a light maroonish color and gone over all the original decals. 

The transmission had been apart before painting. We can see gasket sealer at the seam. The RH axle is 1" shorter than the LH one. The hubs are late model HD type with 2 set screws. Shift knob is an odd shape too. 

Then on the front right there's a pulley mounted on a well built bracket welded to the front of the frame just behind the hood. Also note the box shaped mount on the RH foot rest. We're thinking maybe a plow mount of some sort. Obviously a lifting mechanism. 

After or in between getting the Charger going I'd like to do a quick mechanical resto but Trina can barely look at the paint without reaching for a body grinder so it may get repainted too.   :lol:

@WHX24 we're planning on this one being a nice bright RED. 

Did you know our house front door is now bright red??

Thanks Dan. 

No deck with this one. 

We don't mow with a horse anyway. 

I do have one mowing deck from the C160/Tecumseh project tractor and it's just as rough as the rest of the rig. 

Right now we have:

4 that run and drive. Trina's Pigpen 867, Pony 657, my Cinnamon Horse C160, Patriot Horse B80.

2 close to that. (This and the Charger)

3 project tractors. Her 856 which will likely be fitted with a Chrysler military engine. My C160/Tecumseh. And Colossus. 

LOTS of parts. 

Getting quite a collection there, it's amazing how it builds up!

I found a way to get my growing herd accepted,  have given each of the kids and my wife one, they get naming rights and decide the paint scheme - I just do the work and routine maintenance. The perfect plan!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

growing herd accepted

Excellent. 

Acceptance isn't much of an issue considering Trina loves the tractors too but now we need to build another shelter and find some implements to use with them.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

has some PO mods on it that can't be explained.

:scared-eek:                 Do you mean to tell us that over the past 50 + years some things were changed bu previous owners!    Unheard Of!     :laughing-rolling:

'67 wouldn't have the solid running boards so It is probably an early '68.   Is there a model tag hiding under the paint?

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

probably an early '68.   Is there a model tag hiding under the paint?

That was @Stepney Spenser's thought as well. 

I'll take a look this morning. 

squonk
7 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Yah you best keep on Squonk's good side then  ... hear tell he loves them teckies. :)

I'm sure Trina has plenty of hammers & prybars hanging on the walls. Eric will be fine with a Tecky! :helmet:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ohiofarmer

Morning, Eric. I usually look on the area right underneath the dashboard. Do they call that the hoodstand??

Anyway, it is Sunday and mustie1 and taryl fixes all will soon be posting new episodes. Consider it a matter of respect that I looked here first:bow-blue:

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, squonk said:

I'm sure Trina has plenty of hammers & prybars hanging on the walls. Eric will be fine with a Tecky! :helmet:

Yes she does..... But in the interest of full disclosure I have a nice running Kohler 12 that came off the 1267 waiting around if the Tecumseh gives me fits. 

The tecchy 10 does have a new carb, starter and runs quite well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Nice cool looking Rig.

Seat looks brandnew and very comfortable.

Please fit the Engine with an Aircleaner to keep the Engine in good condition.

Without an Aircleaner a quick wear on the Piston, Rings and Cylinder and even Valves will be happen.

Equipped that Way it will be a longtime reliable good worker.

I Like it 👍

or how Squonk say‘s

„Welcome in the Tecky World“

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dan.gerous
49 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Excellent. 

Acceptance isn't much of an issue considering Trina loves the tractors too but now we need to build another shelter and find some implements to use with them.  :lol:

All my girls secretly love them as well, they just don't like admitting it or I would be buying one a week....

• Like 3

Pullstart
7 hours ago, Dan.gerous said:

Getting quite a collection there, it's amazing how it builds up!

I found a way to get my growing herd accepted,  have given each of the kids and my wife one, they get naming rights and decide the paint scheme - I just do the work and routine maintenance. The perfect plan!

Just like a farm animal!  Name it anything but dinner and it’ll never hit the chopping block!  They become part of the family...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Retired Wrencher
22 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

No specific use for this one yet. 

General worker. 

I got it to save it from neglect. 

With the LSD transmission it'll be a good one for our property. 

Maybe a dedicated worker like plow or cart for haling? I am sure when you are done with it the tractor will fit in well.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Maybe a dedicated worker like plow or cart for haling? I am sure when you are done with it the tractor will fit in well.

Trina and her mom and I were talking last night and we are going to give it the once-over and see if her mom likes to drive it better than the Patriot horse.

Might become the dedicated Mama mobile.

• Like 2