Oldcpecdr

rear view mirror

Oldcpecdr

OK NO laughing.... I was moving LOTS of sand last week to fill up the new larger than the Grand Canyon sandbox for the grandsons. Somewhere around the 6th load I realized that  

since my neck no longer swivels like it used to (pre 70's age) I was thinking this short trailer would be a WHOLE lot easier to back up with a rear view mirror.

Anyone ever mounted one ? I am trying to imagine a magnetically mounted stalk with a mirror .... any ideas ?

The C100 and trailer saved me LOTS of wheelbarrow time. Now if I could only see where I am backing......  image.png.d43c6e381bbae505ee4b385893d8b737.png

Mike B

Edited by Oldcpecdr
  • Like 1

Pollack Pete

I have the same backing up,not seeing where I'm backing problem ,with my New Holland L-228 skid steer.Been looking at wireless back-up cameras on line.Gonna get one one of these days.Not a lot of money either.A lot cheaper than the damage that could be done backing into something.

SylvanLakeWH

Maybe go with a front mounted hitch... attach a matic styles are out there that simply snap on or you can fab one up yourself...

I made one a few months ago and man is it nice! No cranking of the neck... and I have front / back hitches so I can easily change if I am hauling longer distances...

BEE1E465-32D7-430F-86CA-CF0A822B1498.jpeg.b2067c87981fa5d6be45266c226ba21f.jpeg

A mirror works too...

:twocents-02cents:3E5BFBD9-DA47-400E-94D9-17E86D5168FC.jpeg.d890d73bbdd9ce56cd2d68cc1c8236e4.jpegC0324BAE-E7B9-4421-98CF-52F297252E94.jpeg.0678bb8053686d5f455620cd1c71eea7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Lee1977
2 hours ago, Oldcpecdr said:

OK NO laughing.... I was moving LOTS of sand last week to fill up the new larger than the Grand Canyon sandbox for the grandsons. Somewhere around the 6th load I realized that  

since my neck no longer swivels like it used to (pre 70's age) I was thinking this short trailer would be a WHOLE lot easier to back up with a rear view mirror.

Anyone ever mounted one ? I am trying to imagine a magnetically mounted stalk with a mirror .... any ideas ?

The C100 and trailer saved me LOTS of wheelbarrow time. Now if I could only see where I am backing......  image.png.d43c6e381bbae505ee4b385893d8b737.png

Mike B

When you get old and can't half see a mirror not going to be much help.  But here is a bracket that fits in the front hitch you can bolt something to.  The  bolt is not needed a 5/8" rod will work just as well. I just used the bolt because I had some.

SAM-1203.jpg

SAM-1066.jpg

SAM-1067.jpg

• Like 2

ebinmaine

@Oldcpecdr

Mike if you wear glasses pick up a bicyclist's mirror. 

Mounts to the side bar and angles out and to the front. 

I've used them while riding in the past. Takes a bit of getting used to having something that close to your face. They do work well once adjusted. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

That’s a great idea @ebinmaine!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Oldcpecdr

Some good ideas !!! Thank you...... If I wore glasses the bicycle mirror would be a great solution. Luckily for me my eyes, and only my eyes, have aged well...

But thanks Pollack Pete... I HAVE a backup camera in the glovebox of my E350 Van for hooking up the trailer.... a Swift Cam, I bought it 4-5 years ago and has been worth every penny. It mounts

with a super magnet and then live streams to my cell phone. Just need to get a magnetic I-Phone holder and I am all set.. I will post pics next time I use it.... THANK YOU

Mike B

swifyt.jpg

swift 1 camera

Edited by Oldcpecdr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1