JCM

First wax job 31 years ago

ebinmaine

I'm really enjoying these old pics Jim. 

• Like 1

tunahead72
2 hours ago, JCM said:

... Nice to be able to depend on the same tractor 31 years later ...

That kind of puts it all in perspective for me these days.  Both of my tractors are giving me a hard time lately, but I get sad every time I even consider replacing one of them with something newer.

Thanks for the photos! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

jcm,i can relate , i bought a C-85 , new back in 82 , still have it , always garaged and waxed , regularly serviced . the value and serviceability  of a horse is its main attraction , you can upgrade  and keep your horse as long as you want , TUNAHEAD 72  a drive train swap and fresh electrics  will renew your horse and still be light years ahead of the box store junk of today . pete

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

scWHhauler

Looks super miller is even better 

• Like 1

peter lena

almost forgot to reply on the miller hi life beer, do you know why its in a clear bottle ? artificial hops !  i worked at  PFIZER FOR 30 YEARS , we made the artificial hops for virtually every beer manufacturer in the world . natural hops will spoil in a clear bottle , but artificial glass vessel made hops will not , that's the hype. we made THE HOPP 2  STAGE OF THAT MAKE UP , so concentrated that a 5 gallon deltangular square jug , would meter out ,25 thousand bottles of beer !  i started out in the artificial CAFFENE SHOP , make up area. also sold that world wide . with time in grade i transferred to maintenance, servicing the very shops i used to work in . high life , pete 

• Thanks 1

ohiofarmer

how about a nOW pictire of the 312?

• Like 1

Renrag

I belive its a 82 b115 not a 312, but with the work ive done to it i hope it will hold up like that. I use it to mow, done handle tall or thick grass well, but yard look better than what my newer craftsman  does. I prefer using wh out of the 2. I haven't waxed it yet, but its in the plans

20200730_104910.jpg

JCM

@ohiofarmer    Here is a picture of the 312-8 taken 2 hours ago after a lawn mowing,wash, wax and put to bed. Only difference is the 48'' deck off the 520 and the original 42'' deck is stored.    Thanks for your interest.

IMG_0063.JPG

• Like 6

ohiofarmer
12 minutes ago, JCM said:

@ohiofarmer    Here is a picture of the 312-8 taken 2 hours ago after a lawn mowing,wash, wax and put to bed. Only difference is the 48'' deck off the 520 and the original 42'' deck is stored.    Thanks for your interest.

IMG_0063.JPG

peter lena

ohiofarmer , if it runs like it looks , it must be a sweet ride, good maintenance , pete

• Like 1