ClassicTractorProfessor

This followed me home tonight

ClassicTractorProfessor

I was so broken hearted over selling my 48 M, that I upgraded...to a 1953 Super M on propane with a single front wheel. Got a good deal on it at a friend of mines estate sale, his daughters wanted his tractor to go to a good home...put a battery in it filed the points and she came to life after sitting several years.

Now for the bad, the transmission won’t shift into any gear...hoping it’s not a major issue...have to get a friend of mine to bring his tractor over in the morning and drag it the rest of the way up in the yard. We got it as far as we could before we buried the truck in the sand58F2BB15-BAC5-4AEA-9466-645667BDE058.jpeg.bda719598153d5fbcfe9bed7fab84a8d.jpegFD817D50-5ADF-4E6D-985E-55303ECD5B89.jpeg.4656f4a77866bf13fb0541968cb4c9de.jpeg6CABFBA7-32BD-4CBF-9B22-EDE42ABCE647.jpeg.85133719c243288d6d5cd451064a30b5.jpeg

078ECF7E-1F5B-4CEA-8F86-BC493AED1256.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

Achto

Very nice!! :handgestures-thumbupright: We don't see those options very often in my area. See a lot of Minnie's in LP bet very few IH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

@Achto don't see many IH models on LP here either, I only know of one other in the area, my friend Rodger has an M on LP. It is pretty easy to find a John Deere LP tractor, they are everywhere here. It's also rare to find a single front wheel model in this area. 

• Like 1

ZXT

Nice buy! Single front wheel Farmalls are like finding hens teeth around here. Definitely cool.

Looks like neither the Chevy nor the Ford could do it.. Looks like you need to find a Dodge :lol: :hide:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ClassicTractorProfessor
20 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Nice buy! Single front wheel Farmalls are like finding hens teeth around here. Definitely cool.

Looks like neither the Chevy nor the Ford could do it.. Looks like you need to find a Dodge :lol: :hide:

I would have made it with the Chevy no problem if I hadn’t forgotten about that washout on the far side of the driveway...dropped the right rear tire off in it and then it was over...had to walk to the house and get the little F150 to pull the Chevy back enough I could unhook my chain. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Nice tractor!

Keep us posted on the progress. 

RandyLittrell

Nice find, I love the LP models and even a tricycle!! 

Randy

bc.gold

If the clutch disk is rusted to the flywheel, remove the starter for access, put a brass, aluminum or copper block against the flywheel to protect it.

Use a short throw pneumatic chisel with a blunt hammer against the soft metal block while the clutch pedal is depressed, turn the flywheel a quarter turn and repeat.

I use a 20 lb tank filled with propane as my propellant to operate the pneumatic hammer, since your hammering against a non ferrous metal no fear of sparks.

This simple procedure may save you from having to split the tractor.

Edited by bcgold