ohiofarmer

Mom is covid sick at 100 .33 years old

ohiofarmer

We are not allowed in to see her. We also made the decision that Hospice could keep her comfortable. We last were allowed by our Governor to visit since March12...Pretty tough to accept.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Sad 14
  • Heart 2

SPINJIM

Sorry to hear about your mom.  My mother-in-law passed away last month from the covid virus, but the nursing home but it down as "natural causes", probably to save their reputation.  Be careful out there, and wear a mask.

Jim

Edited by SPINJIM
  • Sad 7
  • Heart 2

JAinVA

Tough times we are living in.We ,as a caring community can only say we hope for the best and pray that your mother recovers.Please keep us updated.

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

Ed Kennell

Not being able to see them makes it tough.     

My 95 year old mother has the virus but is not showing any symptoms yet

Prayers and wishes that  your mother remains comfortable.

• Like 1
  • Heart 5

ZXT

Sorry to hear about your mom! I wouldn't write her off just yet - there have been more people who are "on up there" in age pull through it fine - a lot better than some people half their age. 

Is she showing any symptoms? Keep in mind that the common cold is a corona virus. Just because she tested positive doesn't mean she actually has covid-19, though it is obviously possible.

The fact that people who were never tested are receiving positive results make you have to wonder about the accuracy of the tests!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

midpack

My Mom is 88yo with COPD. she was diagnosed positive Covid April 24. Not good...

There were some difficult times, she ended up with 2 large blood clots (1 in each lung) and a blood clot in her knee. Ambulance rides, her waking up alone in a 4 bed room at Baystate Hospital not knowing where she was, or remembering how she got there.

She finally tested negative (2x) about a month ago. :)  

one of the best things was having gotten her a smart phone a few months before this all came about. we were not allowed in to see her, but could "see" how she was doing using video chat.

• Like 2
  • Heart 4

stevasaurus

My prayers with all you guys and yours.

• Heart 2

Pullstart

Sorry to hear of your troubles.  A good friend of ours lost her father last week, 90 years old with COPD and across the hall from his wife of 55 years, also with COVID.  She is recovering fairly well right now, but the sadness of not being with her love while he faded away is taking it’s toll on her mental status.

• Sad 1

bottjernat1

Sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers:pray:

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

i got to see her one day before she passed . We made plans for a private graveside service in a few days.  At least she was resting fine and not feeling pain at the end. No more fear or wondering why all those mask wearing monsters peering at her.  I just sat quietly and prayed a bit and left her to peace..  I had on so much gear that the Co2 built up and i had to leave.

Thanks for listening  I am going out to mow and listen to some Wheel Horse tunes by Kohler

• Sad 6
  • Heart 3

Pullstart

So sorry for your loss, I can only imagine the aggravation during this time.  Our friend’s mother is 95 and recovering wonderfully.  She swears by lots of Mountain Dew and ice cream.  At 95, I guess she gets what she wants.

bottjernat1

Sorry for the loss of your mom. Prayers for you and your family!:pray:

Tractorhead

Whow, how can i missed that, my Condolences.

sent some forced Prayers on the other side of the Pond.

independently of the Age, each loss is a big one.

@ohiofarmer i hope you stay well and keep the head up high.

Stay healthy all

ohiofarmer

Thanks for all the kind words. I am praying for the rest of you showing symptoms of their wives,children, and mothers.  This is what I wished I had said at her funeral, but did not. since it was just her direct relatives that knew all the stories anyway, You guys can try this on.

Mom was one of eight, a child of the Depression. One child died very early, and one died at about five, fine all day and took sick at the supper table. Menningitis .and gone in two hours. Mom had a close call when she fell in a wash tub head first, Grandma heard the gurgling sound and somehow pounded the water from her lungs. A few years later they were on a trip and stopped for gas. all of the sudden. they were a child short. The boys hung on the running boards looking for her in the side ditch and when they got back to the gas station, Mom was found eating sugar and playing with dolls with a kid who lived there. it seems that she took a trip to the out house and they left her behind.

Everybody had a side hustle. A neighbor man would catch fish at the reservoir, and in order to build some self esteem, my crippled uncle and mom would sell the catch for him to the neighbors. My uncle had crippling arthritis and Mom took care of him as grandma had plenty else to do. Another sister kept the cow on halter and grazed the side ditches. grandma would sew and grandpa was a carpenter. The walk to school was not too bad until Greenville got a high school. With luck, a salesman might pick them up for a ride, But there were some of her class mates just drove on by. 

My grandpa was so happy that they were starting a house in town They were busy setting squaring lines and digging the foundation by hand.A few days later the project stopped due to the market crash.

Farmers only went to town once a week on a Saturday, and I still remember that mom wore white gloves. If we were talking in the car, we were told to be quiet or else we had to roll up the windows. 1955 Oldsmobiles did not have air conditioning. My favorite memory was the smell of leaves burning the streets. The brick streets survived just fine.

• Heart 3