JAinVA

Ugly follows me home

Guest 88vic

I'd say you got hell of a deal.   Nice save. 

SPINJIM

Great deal;  and you even got him to deliver them.   That should keep you busy for awhile.

Jim

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Nice!

:thumbs:

• Thanks 1

JAinVA

DSCF2081.JPG.a3c7cd8fb97b00507b7cc46a65e1c8e6.JPGDSCF2108.JPG.b4c44c3ce89898bcdc6b8f7c1fa2fdfc.JPGSeller insisted  on delivering them.I got them on the trailer and I don't want to take them to work he says..It took me almost 2 months to get Lil Ugly to get to where I could work it.I became aware of the cost of even he littlest missing parts so parts tractors it is.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 6

oldredrider

Oh you poor man :ROTF:

If only I had your problems.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

JAinVA

Thanks Paul.You know you are in trouble when even the missus say's buy them!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Where do you keep you lucky horse shoe ?

• Haha 2

AMC RULES

How do you sleep at night?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

JAinVA

I sleep well.When the seller left he and his dad were all smiles.I drug the tractors off the trailer with the crane tractor and they were grinning.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell

You are the Man Jim.         See the source image

• Haha 5

Darb1964

I have been fortunate in three different deals starting in early May. I seen a 312-8 A on Cl, ascking two hundred, also a power bagger attachment on a 48 side discharge. Came with the house current owner bought. He thought the transmission had problems, I gave him the two hundred , well worth it, adjusted the transmission, been using all summer cutting grass. Best paint of all my tractors, all the electrical work, 730hours. Then I got a 311-8 from a woman that it was given to her by her father. He passed and she put it in a shed covered it, that was five years ago. I gave her seventy five for it, have not had time for it yet. Then this past week a got a 518-H. With a bad oil leak,  for fifty, 1200hours, nice side discharge, pain is good. Quick look, I think someone over filled the oil, came out of carb. Have not further investigated. Same people had a T-1067 running no deck, bad paint, paid seventy five for it. Very cool runs great, needed a bunch of adjustments and cleaning up, lighter works. I also picked up a 520 H 1996 with 2200hours on it, P O said motor was locked up. I did get it to turn over, but been sitting for many years, need to drain gas and oil, clean it up good before I do anything else. Have not had time. Been a bad summer health wise, infected kidney stone, antibiotics for two weeks but still got bad blood inflection when they removed it. In the hospital for seven day's, then three more days of antibiotic infusion at infusion center. Just got out this past Thursday, supposed to take it easy, some follow up appointments next two weeks. Been very hot in the Berkshires, played around with the 1067in the barn, much cooler, running and looking good.

• Like 2

ZXT
3 hours ago, JAinVA said:

I became aware of the cost of even he littlest missing parts so parts tractors it is.

You're making parts tractors out of all three of them? Definitely a shame.. 

I can't bring myself to make tractors that are missing a bunch into parts tractors.. Much less ones that are complete and only (supposedly) need a couple of tubes and batteries!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bill D

I love that 416-8.  Great machine. I say fix it, don't part it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pollack Pete

Sounds like the deals I used to get,maybe 7 or 8 yrs ago,way before  people in my area realized that Wheel Horse tractors were worth anything.Now,seems like every Horse I look at is gold plated.Great deal you got.I'd have trouble parting any of them out.Of the maybe 80 something Wheel Horse tractors that I have,I consider only one or two as part tractors.

Edited by Pollack Pete
  • Like 1

953 nut
10 hours ago, JAinVA said:

.Just what I needed more ugly.

Do you have a sign in front of the house "Ugly Horse Orphanage"?                 :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Ed Kennell

I remember the day I dragged four uglys home from the auction.    I paid $25 for the fist one and got the next three for $5 each.

I forget the models, but they were all had K engines and were moving on their own  in  a week  and moved on to new homes in a month.

And yes, I also sleep pretty well Jim.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

I read the topic and thought... “Jim, I’ve never been to your house!”  :ROTF:  Nice combo score!

• Haha 3

JoeM

It's amazing how resilient those machines are to death. 

A lot of people don't want to scrap them and don't know how to work on them and sell cheap.

And then you have those sellers that know of something but won't tell. I remember talking to a guy that had one and it was for sale for over a month. I was in the mood to buy something so shouted out to him.

After a little conversation, I got it leaks oil at the rear seal on one side but the rest is okay and runs. So doing a little math it was a bargain even needing repaired. Drove an hour and yep it was pretty nice. Sitting in the garage, oil soaked cardboard underneath, (actually looked like a crime scene not in the pics), and a new box store JD just beyond.

Got it home, started working on the seal, you could see were he tried to fix it and the seal was damaged from a screwdriver or something. the hub was worn, shaft was okay, and a new seal fixed the leak. Why would he just not tell me the whole story. ??? 

JA good purchase, if the seller is happy and buyer too, it is all a win!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JAinVA

Just to make it clear to those concerned I am not parting all three.The only one that might donate some parts for my other tractors would be the 312-8.

• Like 5

WHX??

The motors  alone..... yah :ph34r:! Nice save Jim! 

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1