Dan.gerous

Garden shed greenhouse complex

Stormin

They've been over here as well, Dan. Don't think it's a Hercules unless it's a special purpose one.

BTW. Don't leave anything outside tonight. Going to be bad weather tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Dan.gerous
12 hours ago, Stormin said:

They've been over here as well, Dan. Don't think it's a Hercules unless it's a special purpose one.

BTW. Don't leave anything outside tonight. Going to be bad weather tomorrow.

Yeah it didn't look like one at the front, not sure what they are replacing them with though. It could have been a tanker but would they be allowed to fly then that low?

Everything safely tucked inside 😊 no room for anything else once all the horses are housed though! Need this shed so I can move in my workshops.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
On 10/2/2020 at 4:56 AM, Dan.gerous said:

This just did a low fly past the farm!

IMG_20201002_095435.jpg

IMG_20201002_095439.jpg

IMG_20201002_095438.jpg

Maybe the local building inspector checking up on your shed progress...:ph34r:

Shed’s looking good by the way!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Dan.gerous
17 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Maybe the local building inspector checking up on your shed progress...:ph34r:

Shed’s looking good by the way!!!

Need anti inspector guns!

• Haha 3

Maxwell-8

Nicely built!  Just a question, while the metal roof cause condensation that will reduce the lifespan of the OBS?  Or probably not if there is some ventilation between the metal and OBS.

• Like 1

WHX??

How's the price of materials over there Dan? Here lumber is so pricey can't afford to build an out house! :)

Love the roof and the overhangs have real nice curb appeal! 

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1

Lane Ranger
Just now, WHX24 said:

How's the price of materials over there Dan? Here lumber is so pricey can't afford to build an out house! :)

Just now, WHX24 said:

Buy a n old oil tank!  Cheap and long lasting cut out a door and a hole in the floor! Moves good and longer lasting than wood!  

• Haha 3

Dan.gerous
3 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Nicely built!  Just a question, while the metal roof cause condensation that will reduce the lifespan of the OBS?  Or probably not if there is some ventilation between the metal and OBS.

I guess it could as I never put any waterproof paper between them, however plenty of air will get up there.

• Like 3

Dan.gerous
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Love the roof and the overhangs have real nice curb appeal! 

Its not cheap that's for sure!

The metal was just shy of £1000 and I would think by the end of the project the total price for materials will be around £3500.

I hate sheds that don't have overhangs, even when I get a cheap shed from a hardware store I tend to alter the roof and try to make it look a bit more stylish. Long way to go yet, but we wanted something that looks good as you can see it from the main road and all the way down our driveway.

• Like 2

Dan.gerous

I'm back!

Its been a year from hell on the farm, everything that could go wrong did. The feed price doubled, the hay price doubled, we lost our buyer for piglets, found another one then they also went bust, then the continuing problems with Brexit and the final straw was the war with Ukraine. Anyway, 4 weeks ago the decision was make to close the farm, which left us homeless and my wife unemployed!!!

I spent the entire year working on the farm and have done nothing for myself, but now its closing we are clewing up the loose ends. I stopped working on the farm and finally finished the greenhouse in between my trips on the ship - pictures to follow.

We are also moving to a dairy farm in a months time, where my wife will take up her new job. Its only a temporary stop as we are going to move to France and buy our own small farm fairly soon - just need to save some more money.

Anyway, its nice to have some free time to get back into life again, its just been work, work, work for so long.

Cheers

Dan

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

ebinmaine

Oye!!

Helluva rollercoaster there Dan!

Glad to see you back on here. 

Hope things even out for ya soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dan.gerous

Due to the price of wood it took a bit of lateral thinking to get it finished for as near to free as possible.

We went to Glasgow and demolished a wooden garage which provided all the wood for the gable ends, soffit boards, doors, etc 

Several garden sheds donated wood as well, its  amazing how wood much the detail consumes!

Also managed to get all the ironware like hinges, bolts and door locks for free from the above donor sheds.

20220415_081733[1].jpg

20220415_081803[1].jpg

20220415_163028[1].jpg

20220415_163039[1].jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Dan.gerous
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Oye!!

Helluva rollercoaster there Dan!

Glad to see you back on here. 

Hope things even out for ya soon. 

Nice to be tinkering again with wheelhorse and other stuff, I have a ton of things to upload here :-)

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

Nice to be tinkering again with wheelhorse and other stuff, I have a ton of things to upload here :-)

Excellent. We'll be looking forward to all of it.  

• Like 2

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

took a bit of lateral thinking

Beautiful job on that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dan.gerous

Decided that it was an Oranjerie rather than a Greenhouse/shed - sounds way cooler and is probably closer to how it would actually be used.

Painstakingly hand painted the sign, and it took several coats to get the orange dark enough.

The wife and kids (ok they are all near enough adults) did the painting while I finished up the woodwork, its been a real family project, nice way to spend time with each other.

Oh, forgot, I had COVID for the first week home so was living in the RV and working on the shed, Marie has it now so she is out in the RV,  its just been one of those years!

20220418_142044[1].jpg

20220421_115322[1].jpg

20220422_092108[1].jpg

20220425_181716[1].jpg

20220422_092220[1].jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Dan.gerous

Ridging done, building 100% complete!

There are a few rough areas, a bit of a wobble in the roof line where I used trusses off an old shed - should have spent a little longer making sure they lined up perfectly. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and doubt anyone else will notice. Such a shame we are not going to get any use out of it, although for the next 2 months until we move we will be in there any chance we get having BBQ's etc

Even worse, the next house we are going to doesn't have a shed or a garage, so I am going to have to build something - the 5 wheelhorses are off to a storage unit in town unitl thats done.

20220425_181632[1].jpg

20220425_181517[1].jpg

20220426_162216[1].jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Dan.gerous

And the building in use for my youngest daughter Sarahs 16th birthday :-)

That little pool table is so handy, it finds its way all over the place! its not quite level and one of the balls is larger than the rest, but that makes it more of a challenge to play.

Maries wheelhorse has taken up residence in the building, its a bit sick and backfiring all the time, will get around to looking at it after we move.

20220428_185249[1].jpg

20220428_182904[1].jpg

20220428_182829[1].jpg

• Like 6
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

20220428_182904[1].jpg

Couldn't find any BIG numbers eh Dan?

:ROTF:

• Haha 2

Dan.gerous

Impromptu Bar.

Its the covid meeting place for anyone banished to the RV, nice and airy but still more sheltered than standing about outside.

Current covid case is Marie, seen wrapped up in the Oranjerie.

20220426_162350[1].jpg

20220426_162234[1].jpg

20220427_125614[1].jpg

• Like 6
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

Impromptu Bar.

We've used that method too. 

Seems to work well. :)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie
On 5/23/2021 at 11:31 AM, Dan.gerous said:

Finally some updates.

Barely spent any time on the shed the last few months with all the other work going on about the place.

We managed to finally get two days off, so threw the roof on. It was a bit nerve wracking getting the valleys cut correctly as I had no spare tin!

It's starting to blend into the countryside nicely now. Will order up some windows next, make the doors, then paint it - just pick away over the summer.

received_479903430036370.jpeg

received_282685543256569.jpeg

received_3050833278480706.jpeg

received_308500184180568.jpeg

received_275950417552666.jpeg

Nice scaffolding…:lol:

• Thanks 1

Dan.gerous
49 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Nice scaffolding…:lol:

Its surprisingly effective on the smaller buildings, hardly needed to use a ladder at all.

• Like 2

Dan.gerous

A lovely evening.

Can see Marie watering plants in the Oranjerie, and the wheelhorse with its trailer tucked in for the night.

Finn  outside keeping guard.

20220528_184307.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1