D_Mac

Treasure Chest

The Tuul Crib

Wow !! Thats I really cool looking old chest! That it is quite a transformation. What does the inside look like?

Edited by The Tuul Crib
  • Thanks 2

bc.gold

Is there any images on the inside of the lid.

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

Lol i was hoping no one would ask !! Inside not so good. I was going to paint the inside but dont have the time. It is paper linned but paper all coming off. It is missing the lift out tray. I will take photos of it along with the bottles and sewing machine. I just got it yesterday so I had to bust my butt to get it this far before her party Thanks

Edited by D_Mac

WHNJ701

can you line the inside with thin cedar, post pics of the bottles, I used dig alot for them

formariz

That is a very nice chest and relatively valuable if kept original. Can you post photos of the inside as it is now anyway?Please.

D_Mac

Like I said... I didnt have time to mess with the inside. If my mother wants me to paint inside I will. Here are the bottles and sewing machine. I also got the ginger ale 6 pack holder as well. Believe to be from the 50s. Not a bad Chest full of Treasures !!

20200726_132438.jpg

20200726_132112.jpg

20200726_132207.jpg

20200726_132220.jpg

20200726_131608.jpg

20200726_131651.jpg

20200726_131710.jpg

20200726_131731.jpg

• Heart 2

Tractorhead

Chest is looking very cool.

one man‘s trash is another man‘s Treasure.

You bring it back to shine.

excellent work.

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Love the milk bottles. I have a few here that my parents had set aside maybe 40 or 50 years ago. 

Super nice work on the chest. 

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

I like the saying on the one bottle .... " You can whip our cream, but you cant beat our milk " Phone 2334

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, D_Mac said:

Phone 2334

From the days when we only needed to dial 4 numbers.... That was awhile ago. 

• Like 1

8ntruck

Mom had a Singer very similar to that one.  Hers had bakelite cams that loaded in the top of the machine to produce different stitch patterns.

bc.gold
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

Like I said... I didnt have time to mess with the inside. If my mother wants me to paint inside I will. Here are the bottles and sewing machine. I also got the ginger ale 6 pack holder as well. Believe to be from the 50s. Not a bad Chest full of Treasures !!

20200726_131608.jpg

20200726_131651.jpg

20200726_131710.jpg

20200726_131731.jpg

Prolonged exposure to the sun will eventually turn your jars amethyst in colour.

Some dealers go to great extent by using other methods, near the bottom of this URL are some good examples.

Purple line jewels are another example of sunlight irradiation, the more years exposed the deeper  the colour.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by bcgold

WHNJ701
30 minutes ago, bcgold said:

Prolonged exposure to the sun will eventually turn your jars amethyst in colour.

Some dealers go to great extent by using other methods, near the bottom of this URL are some good examples.

Purple line jewels are another example of sunlight irradiation, the more years exposed the deeper  the colour.

spacer.png

spacer.png

only certain clear glass will, has to have magnesium in it.  

bc.gold
4 hours ago, jabelman said:

only certain clear glass will, has to have magnesium in it.  

Perhaps you meant manganese.

During the mid and later 1800s virtually all American glass companies were using manganese in their glass formula. Around 1915 the use of manganese was discontinued and selenium became the chemical of choice as a clarifying & stabilizing agent.

WHNJ701
25 minutes ago, bcgold said:

Perhaps you meant manganese.

During the mid and later 1800s virtually all American glass companies were using manganese in their glass formula. Around 1915 the use of manganese was discontinued and selenium became the chemical of choice as a clarifying & stabilizing agent.

yeah that's it.  how about uranium glass that's pretty cool stuff too with the uv black light.

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:

916374873_Screenshot_20200727-081003_SamsungInternet.jpg.619e44fe68038a884a0e09cd19931247.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

bc.gold

Few years ago brought one of these old trucks home, made a new insert and Pat restored the rest, this afternoon brought this one home but it seems that her enthusiasm or perhaps the lack of room for storage. Anyhow she is taking a pass on this trunk, now I'll have to find it  a new home.

trunk2.jpg

trunk3.jpg

trunk4.jpg

trunk5.jpg

Edited by bcgold

D_Mac

Thats a cool trunk. Looks like alligator skin on the outside. Shouldnt be hard finding a home for that one.

• Heart 1

bc.gold
37 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Thats a cool trunk. Looks like alligator skin on the outside. Shouldnt be hard finding a home for that one.

Went to a recently retired RCMP cop in town.

Edited by bcgold