Ed Kennell

Covid Hits Home

tunahead72
17 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

...   I did self quarantine for two weeks...

Good man Ed. :handgestures-thumbupright:

There's so much we don't know about this disease still, best to play it safe.  I know I'm a bit careless with this sometimes, my wife and daughter are not shy about telling me I'm not being careful enough, and I'm grateful for it.

Great news about your mom, and about being able to visit her again!

• Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Mother tested positive again last week, but this time she showed mild symptoms and passed away at 6AM this morning.   The nursing home she was in has been locked down since July when we had our last visit.    

• Sad 12
  • Heart 4

DennisThornton

I'm so sorry!  This virus keeps taking its terrible toll...

• Heart 1

AMC RULES

Sorry to hear, sending prayers your way Ed dog!  :pray:

• Heart 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed , I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. Mine passed away on 11/28/2020 from Covid . Covid is attacking  the elderly rapidly. Again I am so sorry for your loss.

• Sad 2
  • Heart 2

bottjernat1

Sorry to hear this! Prayers for you and your family. My son in laws uncle is now on a ventilator and most likely wont make it. But he also had other health issues. Prayers for anyone who has had to deal with this virus. 

• Heart 2

Shynon

Sorry for your loss Ed. Prayers 

• Heart 1

wallfish

Sad news and so sorry for your loss Ed.

• Heart 1

BOB ELLISON

So very sorry Ed. Prayers for you and family 🙏 

• Heart 1

rmaynard

Sorry for your loss Ed. 

• Heart 1

WHX??

Sorry to hear Ed ...condolences to all yer family.

My mom and dad have been in lock down in a home since this all began and we were not allowed to see them at all.  Dad is 91 and mom 87 and both have the dementia something fierce. Can't talk with them on the phone as they have no idea any more how to use one. Dad got kicked out of several homes as he was starting fires, he was cold and believed he was at the "farm" and thought he would start the wood stove. 

Truth be told I sometimes wish the covids, or Gods will, would take  them. It hurts when your parents do not know who you are. It is also not a fun thing seeing your dad going from a fire wood making maniac and outdoorsman who could do anything to a dad would doesn't even know his son or daughters. 

Always a bright side of things I like to think tho, everything dad or mom knew and their old fashioned values  they  passed down to me and my sisters. We will continue to endeavor and my bets are you will are too. 

• Heart 6

Handy Don

So painful to lose your Mom, and especially so with this enforced separation. I know a lot of us are struggling with similar losses but it doesn't make it any easier on any of us. I've added you, your Mom, and all the rest of your family to my prayers.

• Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH

Sorry for your loss...

Prayers for you and your family.

• Heart 1

953 nut

Ed, so sorry to hear this, I pray the vaccine will begin to reduce the loss of life.        :eusa-pray: 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Truth be told I sometimes wish the covids, or Gods will, would take  them. It hurts when your parents do not know who you are. 

I hear you Jim.   I really feel dementia took my Mother  about a year and a half back when she could no longer recognized or respond to any of us.

The covid or whatever put her to rest this morning was  a blessing.   

Thank you all for your prayers.

• Like 2

Sparky

So sorry to be reading this Ed.

• Heart 1

stevasaurus

My prayers for all of you guys.  I understand when the thinking is that it is a blessing.  

• Like 1

76c12091520h

Just throwing this out there because we haven't heard it before: stay safe, keep your distance, wear your mask, etc....my wife lost her otherwise healthy elderly grandmother this morning, a good friends' otherwise healthy 76 year old dad passed this morning, a good friend of mine (50yrs young) passed on Monday, and my sister in law lost her mother 2 weeks ago. This is not the flu, it's not a hoax, it's real. Be safe.

• Sad 2

formariz
On 12/14/2020 at 10:13 PM, Ed Kennell said:

I hear you Jim.   I really feel dementia took my Mother  about a year and a half back when she could no longer recognized or respond to any of us.

The covid or whatever put her to rest this morning was  a blessing.   

Thank you all for your prayers.

Just saw this. I am very sorry to hear it. A heart breaking event with circumstances making it worse. May she find the peace she deserves. My sincere condolences Ed.

• Heart 1