Ed Kennell

Covid Hits Home

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed Sorry to hear that , My mother (93) went to live with my aunt to avoid nursing home. Hope your mother recovers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

dalez

Be optimistic, my FIL had it at 89 with no symptoms at all. All clear now.

• Like 5

JAinVA

Sorry to hear this news.Hope she gets better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

troutbum70

Prayer's for your mother, may the LORD put his healing hands around your mother and carry her through this virus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 5

Shynon

Sorry to hear this Ed, hoping all goes well for her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jennifer
11 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Just got the bad news.    My mother tested positive for the virus.      She has been in a nursing home  for two months.    The home had no cases until this week when one employee and three residents tested positive.   So far she is comfortable and not showing any symptoms.

Glad she is comfortable and not showing any symptoms!!  Prayers for a great outcome and fast recovery!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk

Sorry to hear that Ed. So far we've been lucky. Keep positive. 

• Thanks 1

pacer

My wife is in a nursing home (dementia) and they had not had a case until last week when one lady tested positive but has not sickened and is isolated . I havent seen my little bride since April except for 2 brief "window visits" when she seemed fine. .....

• Sad 8

Ed Kennell
38 minutes ago, pacer said:

My wife is in a nursing home (dementia) and they had not had a case until last week when one lady tested positive but has not sickened and is isolated . I havent seen my little bride since April except for 2 brief "window visits" when she seemed fine. .....

So sorry to hear this.     Not being able to visit is the hardest part.    I did have one outside 6' visit with my mother about one month ago.  Of course that won't happen again for some time if ever.

• Sad 2

Sparky

Hoping for the best for your mom. My wife and I had it at the same time back in May....horrible.

Wife’s a nurse at a nursing/rehabilitation home that had a “Covid Wing”, so it was no shock that she got it and gave it to me.

• Sad 2

953 nut

Ed, I pray that your Mom will recover from this virus and be able to spend quality time with you once a vaccine has been developed.

• Thanks 1

stevasaurus

Ed & Pacer...my prayers are with both of you and yours.  

• Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

Prayers for your Mom!! This is some weird times we are in, my wife is a teacher and supposed to start school next month. Feels kinda hard to keep family safe when you really aren't sure what to do! 

Randy

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Ed, I hope things are still positive with your mother.  It’s hard to stay positive when the news is bad, but the closest it hit to our family so far, the lady who showed no symptoms early on is recovering very well, with just a little fatigue here and there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Hope your Mom gets better, sorry to read it that late.

My thoughts are at all they have to fight with this dang Virus,

Prayers are sent.

i hope they will help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
49 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Ed, I hope things are still positive with your mother.  It’s hard to stay positive when the news is bad, but the closest it hit to our family so far, the lady who showed no symptoms early on is recovering very well, with just a little fatigue here and there.

Yes, all is good Kevin.   She still is not showing any symptoms.     Four more days of quarantine, then she can leave her room.     Still no visitors allowed and I am doubtful that this will change anytime soon.     It is strange that so many that test positive do not have any symptoms....even a 96 yo lady.

Thank you one and all for the thoughts and prayers.        

• Heart 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed , I hope everything works out for your Mom . We have a  friend who had to have an operation recently . Like your mother , no symptoms but he tested positive. Sometimes I wonder if the tests are accurate.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Thanks Jim,  for sure we still  have a lot to learn about this virus.

• Like 2

squonk
8 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Thanks Jim,  for sure we still  have a lot to learn about this virus.

You're right Ed. We do have a lot to learn. Especially the folks who's area hasn't been hit hard and still think it's no big deal.

• Like 2

ACman

My son has been isolating in his room in the basement for the last week. Last Tuesday he wasn’t feeling well, by Wednesday he started running a fever. On Saturday he couldn’t take it no more as he couldn’t catch his breath still running a fever. Went to ER tested positive for Covid and had Pneumonia In one lung. He’s doing much better now. Hospital calls him every day for updates and on Friday he gets tested again. Has to have 2 non positive tests before he can return to work. Funny thing is that they wouldn’t test any of us because we weren’t showing symptoms but we’ve been self isolating and using precautions before all this started.

• Sad 2

ohiofarmer

It is not unheard of to have a false positive . Our own Governor had a positive and the next day was cleared. I am just coming off my two week quarantine as i chose to visit, [or rather observe mom before she passed]. I am fine after 14 days. actually I am almost certain both me and my better half got the stuff early in the year and survived it.  Now she is in heaven keeping Dad in line. If they keep their personalities in the afterlife, i am sure he was giving the angels a hard time:laughing-rofl:

Edited by ohiofarmer
spelling
  • Heart 2

Ed Kennell

Mother has finished her two week quarantine and is back in her own room.    She may be released for outside visitors on Monday.

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

troutbum70

That's good news another example that GOD is watching over his sheep.

• Thanks 2

Ed Kennell

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.       Mothers nursing home has not had another positive test for several weeks and have opened the home to in room visits.

Mother was one of the three that tested positive  and never did show any symptoms.

Another brush with covid.       About 3 weeks ago as I was mowing I saw my 89 yo neighbor frantically waving from her front porch.    Of course I ran across the road to help.

Turns out she wasn't feeling well and needed to cancel some next day appointments with her eye doctor and the blind center.   She has very poor eyesight and lives there with her daughter and SIL.    They were on a weekend trip visiting his relatives in SC.      I took care of cancelling her appointments and contacted her  grand daughter that agreed to  stay with her until her daughter returned.   

Four days later I was informed  all three of them had been at a funeral weeks before where they contracted covid.    They all tested positive and had severe symptoms but survived.

My doctor would not issue a test for me as I did not have symptoms.   I did self quarantine for two weeks.    Guess  I got lucky.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1