monsstr

Just picked this up today - WH Classic 312 Hydro

ZXT

Nice looking machine! Hood looks excellent. 

Don't be a stranger! Keep us updated on what you do with it and feel free to post about anything else you want!

• Like 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, ZXT said:

Nice looking machine! Hood looks excellent. 

Don't be a stranger! Keep us updated on what you do with it and feel free to post about anything else you want!

:text-yeahthat:

rjg854

Nice getting a tractor that's 30 years old, and having been cared for, still runs and looks good :text-bravo:

• Like 2

953 nut
8 hours ago, monsstr said:

pleasantly surprised when I arrived to hear that he was the original owner and had all the manuals and even his purchase receipt for 1990.

:text-coolphotos:             Looks good!             :confusion-confused:               How much did the 312 cost in 1990?               

12Horse Paladin

Welcome, and congrats!

I love my 312-8; will always have a soft spot for the venerable 12Horse Kohler. 

It'll do everything you need, n more than you should have a right to ask...and thensome, too!👍🏼!!

• Like 1

monsstr

Thanks for the great comments everyone, truly appreciated. Ive already started on a project of going over the entire thing and servicing and cleaning any spot I can get too. I saw the tranny fan was a bit rough so I just ordered one today and tomorrow I will scrub all the years of grass and dust off of the underside. I spend most of my day working on a pc so now about every 1.5 hrs Ill go work on the Wheel Horse a little and clear my head. Cant wait to mow my lawn this weekend with it. Sometimes its the little things, lol.

As for the price in 1990, the gentleman told me that is was listed for $4650 but that the dealership took $1k for some reason he couldnt recall. He had also traded in his WH C101 and received a $1050 credit. In total he paid $2756 for a beautiful machine. I attached the original sales receipt from Meetinghouse Garage in Harleysville.

InkedWH Receipt_LI.jpg

Edited by monsstr
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, monsstr said:

every 1.5 hrs Ill go work on the Wheel Horse a little and clear my head. Cant wait to mow my lawn this weekend with it. Sometimes its the little things

That's a great idea.

We love building/repairing/working with horses.

Pollack Pete

VERY nice 312-H.One of my favorite Horse's.I have several of them.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 1