TonyToro

Adjustable engine plate

fast88pu
On July 15, 2020 at 11:45 AM, oilwell1415 said:

Are you getting the full 4,000 rpm under load during a pull?  Is the governor giving you full throttle at that rpm?  The governor will start to shut things down a few hundred rpm before its set point just because of the way it works.  If you aren't getting full rpm or full throttle under load you may be able to ditch the governor and use an electronic rev limiter to maintain the limit without having to close the throttle to do it.  Getting all the way to 4000 rpm or having full throttle and being able to run in 4th gear may get you what you need.

Rpms are checked under no load and clutch disengaged in most clubs.  

oilwell1415
1 hour ago, fast88pu said:

Rpms are checked under no load and clutch disengaged in most clubs.  

I know that, but that wasn't the question.  How many rpms is it turning going down the track?  A centrifugal governor will almost always lose a few rpm under load.  If it's getting pulled down to 3600 on the track he could gain a lot by going to an electronic rev limiter set at 4,000 and get an instant ~10% increase in wheel speed.

• Like 1

TonyToro
6 hours ago, fast88pu said:

Yeah your at the limit then

That’s why I need an adjustable motor mount to change pulleys.

TonyToro
4 hours ago, oilwell1415 said:

I know that, but that wasn't the question.  How many rpms is it turning going down the track?  A centrifugal governor will almost always lose a few rpm under load.  If it's getting pulled down to 3600 on the track he could gain a lot by going to an electronic rev limiter set at 4,000 and get an instant ~10% increase in wheel speed.

The tractor is running full rpm down the track. The transfer sled is gaining on the tractor and no speed is gained mid field. The tractor needs momentum. I’m guessing if I had 1.5-2mph or more it would be in really good shape.

TonyToro
4 hours ago, oilwell1415 said:

Or at least by ear rpm calibration. Lol