ToroMan

Plow Toro 520xi

ToroMan

Good afternoon, looking for some help regarding a plow assembly for a 1999 520xi model # 73542.  I'm told that a traditional Wheel Horse plow assembly will not fit this tractor, that the xi series requires a special plow assembly.  Problem is, most of the people selling plow assemblies don't seem to know what they have, and I don't know what I need!  I have included the supposed model numbers pulled from the Toro website, including that of a retrofit kit, but I'm not sure what that retrofit kit does! Does it enable me to fit a traditional Wheel Horse plow to an xi model? Don't know.  One guy selling a plow knew what type of plow he had and told me it would not fit my tractor, stating "Lift link and handle are in the wrong locations."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just need to know what the hell I'm looking for, which might help me find it!

From Toro site:

Model #: 79355
48" Snow/Dozer Blade

Model #: 95-4090
48" Dozer Blade Retrofit Kit

Thanks!!!

WVHillbilly520H

The xi series definitely takes a different snow plow frame that has a "sway bar" that fits into the front attach-a-matic and different angle from seat lever that goes on the outside of the foot rest and lift point is further back as well and rear axle attach-a-matic is also different Toro 100-3390 https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/toro/attachments/100-3390-rear-attach-a-matic-kit-5xi-series-garden-tractors/rear-attach-a-matic-for-garden-tractor... I have attached pics for reference... https://www.partstree.com/models/95-4090-toro-48-blade-retrofit-kit/frame-assembly-0/... The xi series is a beast but attachments are hard to come by. Good luck.

Screenshot_2019-09-02-20-27-04.png

Screenshot_2020-07-11-13-06-59.png

ToroMan

Thank you so much for the links and your photos! I appreciate the effort. Have a great weekend.

ToroMan

So let so let me ask a couple of other questions...

Does that retrofit kit to which you linked  enable me to use a different style plow frame with my xi?

And if I understand correctly, I would need the rear Attach a Matic kit even with the correct plow frame. Is that correct?

Thanks again!

520xiNH

Found a vendor in Minnesota, Wheelhorse Parts and More, that is fabricating complete 5Xi rear attach-a-matics part# 100-3390. Just purchased one and now my 520Xi is ready to accept the snowblower! 

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/brackets-linkages.html#!/Toro-Wheel-Horse-XI-Rear-Attach-A-Matic-Bracket/p/247994367/category=23566571

shallowwatersailor
1 hour ago, 520xiNH said:

Found a vendor in Minnesota, Wheelhorse Parts and More, that is fabricating complete 5Xi rear attach-a-matics part# 100-3390. Just purchased one and now my 520Xi is ready to accept the snowblower! 

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/brackets-linkages.html#!/Toro-Wheel-Horse-XI-Rear-Attach-A-Matic-Bracket/p/247994367/category=23566571

Just checked Lowell's website for the 5xi Rear Attach-A-Matic and that is a great price!