rawb1n

Commando 8 headlights

rawb1n

Has anyone tried to mount headlights in the escutcheon plate on the front of a commando 8 or has any other good solution for headlights on this or similar models? Picture from internet.

Screenshot_20200708-214746.png

ebinmaine

Depends how close to factory stock you want it to look. That plate in its original form is relatively solid. Might be better off to get the bucket and lens assembly from different tractor and retrofit it.

Another option of course would be LEDs if you wanted a modern lamp that uses next to no energy and gives a brighter whiter light.

If you do a search on this site the term LED will come up quite often but if you scroll down enough you'll see where people have made them look very close to original.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

c-series don

You should be able to find the factory headlight bucket and lens for sale and it will fit right in where the plate is. Eric is also correct about the LED lights. 

• Like 2

71_Bronco

Yes, you can add a headlight kit. I have one in my Commando 8 as well (someone added it before I got the tractor).

It was actually offered as an option as well from Wheel Horse. I found a manual at one point of how to install/ wire it.

• Like 2

71_Bronco

Here's mine

20200708_181627.jpg

Edit: I'm running LED lights in mine. You can kinda see them through the lens. I dont ever use the tractor at night, but I put them in just in case.

Edited by 71_Bronco
  • Like 4

rawb1n

Thanks guys! Valuable info! I didn't realize there was a kit originally, though it does make sense.

I'll have a look around.

Edit: anyone have the kit number / name?

Edited by rawb1n
  • Like 1

rjg854

That headlight bucket and lens will work from many different tractors from that era.  Give Lincoln a call at A-Z Tractor, 

I'm sure he'll be able to fix you up, or put an ad in the wanted section of the classifieds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, rawb1n said:

kit number / name?

4 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Give Lincoln a call at A-Z Tractor

I'll second that. Lincoln is a great guy.

• Like 1

71_Bronco
2 hours ago, rjg854 said:

That headlight bucket and lens will work from many different tractors from that era.  Give Lincoln a call at A-Z Tractor, 

I'm sure he'll be able to fix you up, or put an ad in the wanted section of the classifieds.

:text-yeahthat:

That's one of the beautiful things about these tractors, so much parts interchangeability.

• Like 2