Achto

K341 Replacement carb question

Achto

I have a Kohler K341 that the carb is completely junk on. I also have some extra carbs from K321's, but the venturi looks considerably smaller on the K321 carbs. When looking up after market carbs most say that they will fit K321 & K341 both. My question is, will a carb from a K321 work on a K341 or will the smaller venturi on the K321 carb cause issues?

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Running around everyday. Idling. Not pulling a load. I don't think you'd ever even know you had the wrong carburetor on there... Until you got up around 3/4 throttle (??)

I don't know the exact RPM but I'm going to guess around 3,000, 3200. Under load you're going to start noticing a difference.

• Thanks 1

roadapples

@oldredridertold me there is a difference...

• Like 1

oldredrider

The K321 and the K341 should be using the #30 carb. They will run with  #26 but with less power. Those 2 engines require more air (larger venturi) to perform the way they should.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

Achto
1 hour ago, oldredrider said:

Those 2 engines require more air (larger venturi) to perform the way they should.

This was my thoughts. The 3 carbs that I have are from K321's that were on Cub Cadet 1450's. Kind of curious why they all had the smaller #26 carb.:confusion-confused: Unless it was another way to relieve engine noise on their quiet line tractors?

Edited by Achto
  • Sad 2

PeacemakerJack
24 minutes ago, Achto said:

This was my thoughts. The 3 carbs that I have are from K321's that were on Cub Cadet 1450's. Kind of curious why they all had the smaller #26 carb.:confusion-confused: Unless it was another way to relieve engine noise are their quiet line tractors?

Interesting!  That is a possibility...I’ll have to check mine to see which carb they have.

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

From my research #26 10-12hp then like above #30 14-16 HP... Now with the smaller carb you would notice a "crisper" throttle response but loose out on top end... Thing of cars small carb economy/drivability big carb not as streetable but good top end for WOT blasts...:confusion-confused:.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

Here's a list direct from Kohler carburetors to models...

Screenshot_2020-07-08-16-04-44.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Hard to read Billy... Where did you get it from? 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 minute ago, WHX24 said:

Hard to read Billy... Where did you get it from? 

Small Engine Suppliers › htmlPDF
Kohler Carburetor Reference Manual - Small Engine Suppliers.      https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/html/engine-specs/kohler/Kohler_Carburetor_Reference_Manual_TP-2377-E.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi_6PD-vb7qAhXqknIEHaofDx8QFjAOegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2UCmvLQmRCqm_qIHpv_hok

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Yup I thought it looked familiar. We do have that one here as well. Handy one to have in the shop.

Carburator Reference Manual TP-2377-E.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1