ClassicTractorProfessor

Sad day...but for a good cause

ClassicTractorProfessor

While NW Oklahoma has and will always be home to me, the people here are not always the nicest to outsiders moving in. Krystal and the boys have always felt like they weren't welcome here by the locals. So we have decided to pack up and move back down to where they are originally from. Downsizing on a lot of things that we won't need nor have room for at the new place. First thing to go was my beloved 48 Farmall M, hated to see it pulling out of the driveway on it's way to a new home, but it had to happen

20200707_201641.jpg

20200707_201659.jpg

• Sad 16

Pullstart

Bryce, safe travels Bud!  You have the right mindset to make anything from a palace to a cardboard box into a loving home for your family... it’ll all work out for the best!  If anyone here isn’t aware, this man offered to drive 180 miles each way to check out Norman, my diesel from just south of OKC... if it hadn’t been for @Daddy Don stepping in to bring his wife on a dinner date to the big city, I bet Bryce really would have done it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
6 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Bryce, safe travels Bud!  You have the right mindset to make anything from a palace to a cardboard box into a loving home for your family... it’ll all work out for the best!  If anyone here isn’t aware, this man offered to drive 180 miles each way to check out Norman, my diesel from just south of OKC... if it hadn’t been for @Daddy Don stepping in to bring his wife on a dinner date to the big city, I bet Bryce really would have done it!

Thanks Kev, and yes I would've gladly checked out your truck had I not been in NW Nebraska that week, wish I had been back when yall came to get it I would've drove that 180 miles just to meet you all for dinner

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 2

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, HandyProfessor said:

Thanks Kev, and yes I would've gladly checked out your truck had I not been in NW Nebraska that week, wish I had been back when yall came to get it I would've drove that 180 miles just to meet you all for dinner

I do believe you would have!  

On the topic of dinner, y’all in the south have such great food!  I don’t even know where, but somewhere between Oklahoma City and St. Louis there’s a joint called Bandannas BBQ.  It’s amazing stuff and highly recommended from this guy!  We missed it this trip, opting the southern route to Memphis before turning north, but we’ll get back there some day!

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Sadly to hear that.

My Grandfather have a opinion, that helps me, i accept to my Status in such Situations.

He told me 

Nothing happens on coincidence, everything has it‘s reason.
Sometimes time must pass, until you’re able to understand, why that happens.

Keep your Head up high, even if you don’t know why this happen now

and Take your Time to understand the reason.

every farewell is based on a beginning.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

pacer
9 hours ago, HandyProfessor said:

, the people here are not always the nicest to outsiders moving in. Krystal and the boys have always felt like they weren't welcome here by the locals

I can certainly relate to that!! several yrs ago we decided to move some 60mi away to a very small --- village? to get what we though was our dream home. So, the home was indeed beautiful but the community around us was soooo ...clannish? that my 2 young boys and the wife were ostracized so badly that within 1 1/2 yrs we packed our bags and left........Sure left a bad taste in our mouths.

• Sad 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Bryce , where are you moving to ?

ClassicTractorProfessor
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Bryce , where are you moving to ?

Elk City Oklahoma

Not too far away, only about 80 miles from where we are now

Edited by HandyProfessor
  • Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
5 hours ago, pacer said:

I can certainly relate to that!! several yrs ago we decided to move some 60mi away to a very small --- village? to get what we though was our dream home. So, the home was indeed beautiful but the community around us was soooo ...clannish? that my 2 young boys and the wife were ostracized so badly that within 1 1/2 yrs we packed our bags and left........Sure left a bad taste in our mouths.

Yes that's the way it here. The town of Gage where we actually live isn't too bad, but the closest town with any stores and a school is Shattuck, and it is very much like that, if you dont belong to one of the 5 or 6 founding families of the town, or are related to someone in the town hall you are basically a nobody to them

• Sad 2

RJ Hamner
14 hours ago, pullstart said:

I do believe you would have!  

On the topic of dinner, y’all in the south have such great food!  I don’t even know where, but somewhere between Oklahoma City and St. Louis there’s a joint called Bandannas BBQ.  It’s amazing stuff and highly recommended from this guy!  We missed it this trip, opting the southern route to Memphis before turning north, but we’ll get back there some day!

Bandannas BBQ one of our favorites. Try to eat there at least once when we get to St Louis to visit the western half of the grandkids

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
3 hours ago, HandyProfessor said:

Elk City Oklahoma

Not too far away, only about 80 miles from where we are now

are you close enough to continue working at the same shop / wrecker service, or are you moving employment too?

ClassicTractorProfessor

@pullstart close enough that I can continue to work there until I am able to find something closer to home. Been thinking about changing job fields for some time anyway. With my leg in the shape its in since my accident a few years ago getting up and down and dragging chains/winch lines gets harder every day. And its getting to the point that these newer vehicles are starting to pass my knowledge by. I can take a 50+ year old machine that's been sitting for years and make it sing, but the more computer systems I'm around, the more I realize that the vehicles on the road today are getting smarter than I am. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but will find something 

• Like 1

c-series don

Good luck my friend, please keep us posted. You know us folks here wish you the best. I commend you for packing up and doing what’s best for your family 👍🏻

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

Thank you everyone for the warm wishes, it does a man's heart good to know that there are still good people in this world. Probably will be downsizing the WH collection a bit too before we move. Looks like the place we are getting isn't going to have much room to keep them or work on them. I'll be keeping the 2 seater project, the 753, and Ray's C141 for sure, the others we are not sure on yet. One thing for sure I am not giving up on the hobby and sure not gonna venture far from the wonderful people here whom I'm proud to call friends. 

Sold my building today, didn't get out of it near what I had in it, but got enough to pay it off and still put enough in the bank that we can live for a while until we get settled in. My old friend Joe came by the shop today when he heard the building was for sale, but he was a bit too late to buy it. He did talk me into selling him my C125 and tiller though. At least I know by him buying them that they went to a good home. 

Now I've just got to find somewhere to store everything out of the shop, as well as my prized Case DC3. I think I can rearrange our storage unit enough to make room for the stuff out of the shop, but the Case might be an issue

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Daddy Don

I want to wish you and your family the best. If you get to Oklahoma City one day call and we will get together for some good BBQ here in OKC.

Take life easy and live the best way you and your family wants to live. We will still be here on :wh: if you need anything. :handgestures-thumbup:   

formariz

I am really sorry to hear this. Its not a good feeling to be looked at or ostracized because we are different or do not belong to a certain group. It happened to me the very first day I moved here over 30 years ago. Thinking back  now my reaction was perhaps foolish but very different. I however never had much tolerance for bigotry of any kind specially when directed at me. Bigotry is always based on ignorance of facts or history and people need to wake up and see what the actual truths are. That needs to be taught from an early age specially in our schools. It is however always constantly ignored. The end result is also bad for the ones that grow up as the next generation of bigots for they are limiting the possibilities and opportunities in their lives and of their children. They are stagnant in time.

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Little change of plans. Back in April Krystal lost her grandfather in Eastern OK, and as such is inheriting some land and money from his estate. Our original plan was to make the move to Elk City for about a year, then eventually move over there and build a home on the family land. We went down there for a visit last weekend and ultimately decided to skip the Elk move and go on to Eastern OK, which is fine with me as there is a lot more trees and a lot of nice lakes to fish in. But with moving across the state also comes more downsizing. We are down to three WH tractors now, and the Case. Decided to sell the 98 Chevy to get out from under that payment, so I asked my friend Joe what it would take to buy back my 89 F250 from him. We ended up working out a trade for three non running tractors and a utility trailer with no wheels. Funny thing is I remember warning Joe when he bought his 753 that these things multiply, but little did I know half of my herd was gonna find their way into his yard. So now all we have are Ray's C141, the 701 2 seater, and my 753, all of which will be making the move with us. 

• Like 3

RandyLittrell

Good luck on your move Bryce! When I was 12 we moved from Mo. to Greensburg,Ks in SW Kansas and can't say enough good things about it! We we treated great and it was the best thing to happen to me I believe. I am back in Mo now but keep in touch with friends from school almost daily. 

I hope you all will have better luck when you move, can make a big difference in a kids life. 

Randy

• Excellent 1