Oldskool

Baird Beaver

oldiron613
1 minute ago, WHX24 said:

What is that box with the red button underneath the steering wheel for Rob? Looks kinda like it doesn't belong? 

Agreed, that's something added. Under the steering wheel is just a dash that wraps around the gas tank. 

• Like 2

bottjernat1
1 minute ago, WHX24 said:

What is that box with the red button underneath the steering wheel for Rob? Looks kinda like it doesn't belong? 

never can be to safe. LOL Thats in case the old Wisconsin gets away from you. LOL

• Haha 2

Oldskool
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Looks pretty awesome to me!!

I'm really good at telling people how to spend their own money. If it was me. I'd buy it.

Tell away. LOL I'm trying. The wifey is on the fence with it. So a couple of hurdles in the way. But I'm probably just gonna make her mad at me for a day and buy it.

• Haha 2

Oldskool
47 minutes ago, oldiron613 said:

Wow, that looks great!

So what the tractor is, is a 1959 Deluxe model having the optional steering wheel and 3-speed transmission. The steering takes some getting used to as it steers with aircraft cable that runs through the steering tube so it's not real tight steering, but works. This tractor looks relavively correct with exception to the plastic hood that's missing which HAPCO parts now reproduces that you can buy for it. The sulky isn't original but neat none the less. 

Definitly a Beaver worth buying in my opinion. 

I was thinking that must be cable drive steering. Good. To know about the repop hood. Any idea of the origins of the sulky?

• Like 1

Oldskool
42 minutes ago, bottjernat1 said:

never can be to safe. LOL Thats in case the old Wisconsin gets away from you. LOL

By the sounds of the steering capabilities that could be a definite possibility 

• Haha 1

bottjernat1
2 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I was thinking that must be cable drive steering. Good. 

Ive never seen that sulky before i posted alot of old ads look threw them might find the sulky. The steering is not just any cable aircraft cable so you can turn it either way and it doesnt unwind.

• Like 1

oldiron613
10 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Tell away. LOL I'm trying. The wifey is on the fence with it. So a couple of hurdles in the way. But I'm probably just gonna make her mad at me for a day and buy it.

You're welcome. :)

24067845_10156053044974434_1562100860246163206_n (002).jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

WHX??

That's hilarious Rob I'm going to save that and put it on the shop fridge! 

Just remember Oldskool tis better to ask forgiveness than permission! :lol:

facebook951521909373358001.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stepney

That sulkey may be a National or maybe even a David Bradley? I've never seen a Gravely with an S spring before, but the frame is a close resemblance to a gravely. Pretty sure the old National golf course mowers had S springs instead of a C .. allegedly it rode better.

Just spitballing.

Tractor itself looks nice enough and the 3 speed is nice. The steering really is funky until you get used to it. Ill have to paw through my horde of papers. Think i got all the specs and ads for that model. As above, its a 1959 Deluxe. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Stepney
8 hours ago, bottjernat1 said:

That is awesome!!! Are you on facebook the folks on the two beaver pages would also love this information. 

I am, and actually did make a big post last year with all my photos copied on there. Some of them made it into LAGT Magazine as well. 

• Heart 1

Oldskool

Its home

20200720_174049.jpg

20200720_173914.jpg

• Excellent 4

Oldskool

@ebinmaine when I got home with the tractor I told the wife you said it was ok to get it lol.  @Stepney   @bottjernat1the sulky is a Jacobson. I believe it was altered but it was done very well. Almost looks factory. As far as the tractor goes it looks fairly complete other than missing the hood and the added shut off switch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Stepney

That would only make too much sense, probably an old Jake golf course reel mower sulky. 

• Like 3

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Oldskool said:

when I got home with the tractor I told the wife you said it was ok to get it

Perhaps that would explain the tremors and interesting noises of loud volumes I thought I heard...

:ROTF:

• Haha 2

Oldskool
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Perhaps that would explain the tremors and interesting noises of loud volumes I thought I heard...

:ROTF:

All is good. She thinks my tractors sexy lol

• Haha 3

Oldskool
7 hours ago, Stepney said:

That would only make too much sense, probably an old Jake golf course reel mower sulky. 

I believe you are correct

bottjernat1
12 hours ago, Oldskool said:

Its home

20200720_174049.jpg

20200720_173914.jpg

She is a beauty!!

Oldskool
10 hours ago, bottjernat1 said:

She is a beauty!!

It has spark. That's half the battle

Oldskool

I had a chance to really look it over today. I believe I'm missing alot of the brake linkage. Not sure what im missing., but missing something

Oldskool
On 7/14/2020 at 3:51 PM, Stepney said:

Think i got all the specs and ads for that model. As above, its a 1959 Deluxe. 

Would you have a parts diagram. I am missing brake pieces but not sure what exactly 

Stepney
2 hours ago, Oldskool said:

Would you have a parts diagram. I am missing brake pieces but not sure what exactly 

I've got patent drawings, they might show something. Ill look tonight when I get home from work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oldskool

The beaver is up and running and driving. Gotta say the steering is a hoot lol

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool

Would anyone have a copy of the blueprints for my 1959 3 speed. Would love to frame and hang above it

• Like 1