drewd

Tire Sizes

drewd

I need to buy tubes or new rear tires for my 1971 Workhorse 800.  It has the original 22.5x7.50-12 Wheelhorse branded tires but sidewalls are leaking and one no longer holds air for more that two days.  Searching websites brings up various sizes but not the original.  Would a 23x9.50-12 fit this tractor?  I have a 36" RD deck on it.  Any other sizes work on this rim and tractor?

Thanks!

Lee1977
2 hours ago, drewd said:

I need to buy tubes or new rear tires for my 1971 Workhorse 800.  It has the original 22.5x7.50-12 Wheelhorse branded tires but sidewalls are leaking and one no longer holds air for more that two days.  Searching websites brings up various sizes but not the original.  Would a 23x9.50-12 fit this tractor?  I have a 36" RD deck on it.  Any other sizes work on this rim and tractor?

Thanks!

The closest you will find is 23 x 850 x 12. The actual dimensions will not be much larger then what you have, The tires they are building  now are a lot smaller then the actual size stamp on the tire. Some 23 x 1050 x 12 that only measure a fraction over 22".

Edited by Lee1977

oliver2-44

Yes a 23x9.5x12 should work 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jayzauto
      By Jayzauto
      Gday Members, I’m now selling my favorite WheelHorse WorkHorses, with a heavy heart.   These were the first of the WheelHorse tractors I had gotten that turned me onto what a great machine they were. 
      Anyways…although I’m not sure of the years, due to faded tags, they are True WorkHorses, so 82-84 vintage?   Both are the white ones.  First up is a GT1100, Briggs 11hp, 8 speed.  Has chains on rear. Had a new carb on it when I bought it, although I suspect that it’s not the exact unit, since the choke is not hooked up. I manually activated the choke to start.  Been sitting, so I will clean fuel system and replace battery.  The second is a GT1142, 8 hp Briggs, 8 speed.  Currently has a lightly used 42” Replacement Toro Deck.  I bought this from the original owners daughter, who blew the engine on it after she took up mowing duties after the death of her father.  So I sourced a replacement engine, replaced carb and battery.  42” Deck was only 1 year old when I bought it 6 years ago.  Shows very little use.  I cut with it 1 time after I got it running.   Ran / Cut great.  But it’s been in storage since.  Tires were original and I noticed 1 was low last week after sitting.  Filled it up and been fine since.  Battery will be replaced if necessary.  I’m looking for $1100/BRO.   I still have a couple sets of weights and chains available, as well as other decks and various parts that I’m liquidating.  The whole shop, tools and equipment is going too. 

Thanx, Jay 

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      Picked up a 1972 Commando 800 w/36” rear discharge. From the grandson of the original owner. Hasn’t run in decades but have no doubt that with some cleaning up of carb, fuel system and check the head, it will run like a Horse.
      Has anyone ever seen the steering cap logo like this? 

• AndyZ
      By AndyZ
      Operator manual #A-5274
      Wiring
      6 pages 7.31MB

Illustrated parts list link
      Use the 1970 parts list for the Raider 10 model 1-6051 and Raider 12 models 1-6251 and 1-6253 with the following exceptions
      For 1970 electric clutch use Electro 12 model 1-7255
      2 pages 282KB
      We also have the 1971 tractor parts manual that followed

1971 Raider 10 model 1-0300 - (1-0300-6) - Uses HH100-115145C with magneto ignition (Engine oil capacity 2 quarts)

1971 Raider 12 model 1-0310 - (1-0310-6) - Uses K301S-47407C with breakerless magneto ignition (This model also made in Belgium) (Engine oil capacity 2 quarts)
    • Kyle G Cantrell
      By Kyle G Cantrell
      Trying to restore a 1971 Wheel horse Workhorse 800 model 0100, It has a tecumseh HH80-110112D. 
      I cannot find any parts at all for this one, I’ve checked everywhere I can think online. This is my first restore, looking for some help to find parts or what I can use (swap) to keep it close to original but also functional. 

Also the fly wheel has two **** that stick up off it that the coil passes and one is broke off. Is that a problem, I’m a mechanic but this thing is old and with no info it’s a guessing game. 

Parts needed so far:
       right side running bored/footrest
      Left side engine cover
      right side pulley cover
      Ignition coil
      Main drive pulley bearings 
      Hitch pin (goes through trans case) 

*NEW TO SITE, WILL CHANGE IF POST INCORRECT*