David414

Simplicity conquest

David414

I put this question to one of the members and he suggested that I send this out to all members for their experiences as well.

I have the option to purchase a used 1995 (?) Simplicity Conquest, 23 HP Vanguard commercial engine, with 52" or 54" deck, and 2 stage snow blower, wheel weights and only 170 original hours.  Its also 4 wheel drive with power steering, but has a manual lift for attachments. Price is $3,000.

I have a 414-8 wheel horse with many attachments. Looking for a replacement tractor as I will give my 414-8 to my grandson when he buys his first house. My priority is really snow removal by either snow throwing or blade, and a general towing tractor. For grass cutting I have a zero turn Toro and most likely will not cut grass with the replacement tractor.

I have looked at some 522 Toro's which are well built, but some have high hours. What hours would you look for in the 522?

Comparing the Toro 522 series versus this Simplicity? Likes, dislikes?

Is the Simplicity 4WD a solid garden tractor? Any problems with this model? It seems like a well built garden tractor. Your thoughts please?

Thanks,
David

bc.gold

Our Deere has the 25hp IC Briggs, good engine

Edited by bcgold

peter lena

not familiar with the simplicity 4wd set  up , but could you fit pillow block bearings on the steering system,?  that would be a bombproof fix to a bushing issue ,  pete

horseyheaven

I have been around two brands of mowers Wheel Horse and Simplicity.  The Conquest was not made in 1995.  I believe they began that model in 2002 or around there.  My Dad and my Aunt have Prestige models (same as conquest but has hydraulic implement lift.)  They have been good units, both 2wd.  My Aunt has the 52” deck and my Dad has the 54” deck.  My Dad uses both mowers and says the 52” does the best job mowing.  Their mowers are 2012 and 2017 model years.  The 2012 has the 54” and the 2017 has the 52”.  On the older Conquest and Prestige they had a 50” mower deck that was awesome.  They mow beautifully and we were happy with the one we had prior.  My Dad actually wishes he could trade someone a 50” for his 54”.  That being said, I have had great luck with Simplicity mowers.  I used to mow a 15 acre cemetery with only Simplicity and Allis-Chalmers equipment.  They held up really well.  I took care of them and they took care of me.  The only brand I will have besides a Wheel Horse.

• Thanks 1