Dan.gerous

Wheel horse hedge trimming attachment.

ZXT
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

yep.  7/16” bit in my hand last Friday.  It’s healing up well.  FYI Jonah, I’m heading out of town to DFW Sunday afternoon!

image.jpg

Ouch! Bet that hurt. I was moving a pile of scrap lumber around the house on Thursday and ran a pretty good splinter off of a 2x4 into my thumb right into the knuckle.. About 3/4" long and roughly .060 in diameter. Made for a fun day of trying to get it out that eventually found me in the ER! 

When do you think you'll get to DFW? I'll probably be at work but give me a shout.

• Like 1

Pullstart
15 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Ouch! Bet that hurt. I was moving a pile of scrap lumber around the house on Thursday and ran a pretty good splinter off of a 2x4 into my thumb right into the knuckle.. About 3/4" long and roughly .060 in diameter. Made for a fun day of trying to get it out that eventually found me in the ER! 

When do you think you'll get to DFW? I'll probably be at work but give me a shout.

we are leaving Sunday afternoon.  Hopefully we’ll drive straight through and mid-Monday we’ll be hooked up.  A distant cousin is doing the deal for us tomorrow :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
6 hours ago, Stormin said:

Fit a ball coupling. :handgestures-thumbup:

Good idea, I have one in my parts box.

Dan.gerous

We noticed that the hedge appeared to be trimming itself up to about a metre high. After some research it was discovered that our three pet sheep have been doing it.

A quick brain storming session over a beer and were have now made it possible for the sheep to trim above a metre....

IMG_20200904_114835.jpg

IMG_20200904_114813.jpg

IMG_20200904_114825.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Dan.gerous said:

We noticed that the hedge appeared to be trimming itself up to about a metre high. After some research it was discovered that our three pet sheep have been doing it.

A quick brain storming session over a beer and were have now made it possible for the sheep to trim above a metre....

IMG_20200904_114835.jpg

IMG_20200904_114813.jpg

IMG_20200904_114825.jpg

Nothing pulling the wool over your eyes....

• Haha 1

Stormin

That's baaaamy! :D

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

May be a couple of these to finish off the top Dan.

Soon You Can Sleep Amid Giraffes in . . . the English Countryside? | Frommer's

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Dan.gerous
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

May be a couple of these to finish off the top Dan.

Soon You Can Sleep Amid Giraffes in . . . the English Countryside? | Frommer's

We had been thinking llamas would work, but giraffes are a much better idea. Will cut a hole in the roof of the van, grab some bolt cutters and do a midnight run to Edinburgh zoo....

• Like 1

Stormin

Alpacas are what you want. You could sell the fleeces. Worth a lot more than sheep fleeces. :thumbs: Check out Blencogo Farm Alpacas.

• Excellent 1

Dan.gerous
45 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Alpacas are what you want. You could sell the fleeces. Worth a lot more than sheep fleeces. :thumbs: Check out Blencogo Farm Alpacas.

Our last neighbour had alpacas that she used for walking tours, seems like they were a lot less robust than a llama as she was annoyingly paranoid about them. Her husband used to mow the paddock with a ride on as she said they didn't like eating long grass, I got in trouble for starting up my race lawnmower as it scared them, and on it went - we couldn't move quick enough!

Sheep wool is depressingly worthless at the moment. We had a chance to buy a farm with 8000 sheep a few years back, glad we didn't now, but still like it when we get to work with sheep - something comfortable about the annoying things.