Pullstart

7/16” Drill bit - 1 Hand - 0

Pullstart

So I was using the counterweight on the sickle mower to spot center on a new hole further away from the gear box, to keep Center.  Well, the drill bit walked off the bar and through my glove, into my hand.  

Our new neighbor and my wife’s “brother from another mother” is an ex-fireman / paramedic.  He has a nurses kit and his wife does surgical stuff too.  All that said, there’s not enough flesh to stitch so he used a steri-needle to flush the wound and get antiseptic stuff deep down in there.

I have a charity 18 hole golf outing tomorrow, that’s gonna be awesome!

6D1622A0-3DA3-4949-89F7-CD32BABA6CE4.jpeg

BDE97764-51F6-4C60-BC0C-91E04E2518A3.jpeg

D58CAB88-EC62-4567-BD63-2375C067A5CE.jpeg

08C59AA1-EDD4-4A8B-A7FA-181F4B840958.jpeg

• Sad 7

1995 520H+96+97

Gorilla glue.

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Rub in some 30 weight oil. Help it heal.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Get some of that Miracle Drug that cures Malaria...the one Trump takes every day.  :tools-hammerdrill:

• Haha 5

8ntruck

Ow!

Reminds me of my sister in law's husband's.  We worked on the line putting Buick Reattas together.  He ended up being reassigned to another job because he ran the self drilling sheet metal screws into his hand too many times.

• Haha 1

ranger
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

So I was using the counterweight on the sickle mower to spot center on a new hole further away from the gear box, to keep Center.  Well, the drill bit walked off the bar and through my glove, into my hand.  

Our new neighbor and my wife’s “brother from another mother” is an ex-fireman / paramedic.  He has a nurses kit and his wife does surgical stuff too.  All that said, there’s not enough flesh to stitch so he used a steri-needle to flush the wound and get antiseptic stuff deep down in there.

I have a charity 18 hole golf outing tomorrow, that’s gonna be awesome!

6D1622A0-3DA3-4949-89F7-CD32BABA6CE4.jpeg

BDE97764-51F6-4C60-BC0C-91E04E2518A3.jpeg

D58CAB88-EC62-4567-BD63-2375C067A5CE.jpeg

08C59AA1-EDD4-4A8B-A7FA-181F4B840958.jpeg

“OUCH”. Many years ago I was fibreglassing a cowl on an rc aeroplane (airplane). The resin was in an aerosol cap, it had just started to cure and I tried to remove it with a screwdriver before it set completely. The screwdriver went through the resin, the plastic cap and my hand. I pulled it out and turned my hand over just in time to see a screwdriver shaped portion of skin shrink back. A trip to hospital resulted. The injury was in the exact same place as yours! The nurse told me this was the best? place on my hand for this to occur as it missed all major muscles/ tendons etc. It still hurt! I drove home with my left hand bandaged like a football.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Tractorhead

oh oh, 
Ouch..... 

Btw. i‘m not familar with Golf

Is that the cause peoples meant as a Handicap ?

Wish you a quick healing Buddy.

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Ouch...

Tell me you've had at least one tetanus shot...?

• Haha 2

oldredrider

Shoot, that'll buff out.....:thumbs:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Ouch...

Tell me you've had at least one tetanus shot...?

is that a kind of whiskey?  If so, not for me.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

I’ve had them before, but I don’t know how long it’s been.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

JAinVA

Looks like that would hurt like he@@.You are in good company though.When I was ten i put a 3/32"" drill bit through my left middle finger. As much as that hurt it was nothing compared to my mother's laughter.Bet you won't do that again.I kmow i won't.Heal up,Kevin.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
11 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

Looks like that would hurt like he@@.You are in good company though.When I was ten i put a 3/32"" drill bit through my left middle finger. As much as that hurt it was nothing compared to my mother's laughter.Bet you won't do that again.I kmow i won't.Heal up,Kevin.

Honestly Jim, there was instant pain with 45 seconds or so... then the cold water from the faucet numbed my entire hand until it hurt from cold.  The worst part through, the needle syringe blasting water and saline in to clean out the debris!  It was like a pressure washer in the meat of my hand!  Once we switched to sterile antiseptic stuff, it was soothing.  There hasn’t been pain all the rest of the day.

• Like 3

rjg854

Some super glue and you'll be as good as new. Sorry to see this, but I've done similar types of things.  Kinda goes with the trade.  That’s kinda why I don't have tattoos, I have my battle scars :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

formariz
On 6/26/2020 at 2:35 PM, stevasaurus said:

Get some of that Miracle Drug that cures Malaria...the one Trump takes every day.  :tools-hammerdrill:

And if that doesn’t work rub some of his Orange ointment on it. It’s also a good fly repellent.

• Haha 1

bc.gold
2 hours ago, formariz said:

Orange ointment on it. It’s also a good fly repellent.

Fly larvae aka maggots.

Maggot therapy

Maggot therapy is a type of biotherapy involving the introduction of live, disinfected maggots (fly larvae) into the non-healing skin and soft tissue wound(s) of a human or animal for the purpose of cleaning out the necrotic (dead) tissue within a wound (debridement) and disinfection.

There is evidence that maggot therapy may help with wound healing.

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 1

bc.gold

pullstart

Those are working mans paws and by the looks of them no stranger to pain, why bother with the gloves they only get in the way.

Be like wearing a ribbed tickler.

Edited by bcgold
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, bcgold said:

pullstart

Those are working mans paws and by the looks of them no stranger to pain, why bother with the gloves they only get in the way.

Be like wearing a ribbed tickler.

I do work my hands pretty hard and find myself wearing gloves off and on regularly.  I am glad however they were on, they helped to bind up the drill bit and rip the drill from my right hand.  It is healing quite well though :handgestures-thumbupright:

A11F8670-0BC3-4CA6-B7B7-B7D07BAFAC12.jpeg

• Excellent 2

RandyLittrell

As a 30+ year glass man, I can attest that something in duct tape has healing properties!! 

Looks like your healing up good! 

Randy

• Thanks 1