Achto

Let's see your repurpose project

Wheel Horse 3D

Now just hook him to one of the Horses! Lol

• Like 2

Pullstart

K-181 air cleaner (engine donor for Putt Putt) turned planter.

B159EB94-1C68-4A6A-84E7-8C0F934B769F.jpeg

E4B5B52C-0096-4059-BF6E-60FC4089632A.jpeg

06E315D8-3CED-4139-AF47-7F661E2F8ED5.jpeg

• Like 3

Pullstart

I needed a fancy tool for one job.  A Ford Edge rear hub has a T60 bolt holding it on the spindle but the reluctor wheel on the CV shaft prevents a normal tool from working.  I wanted to get the job done today, so I made one out of locally available tools.

• Like 1

WHX??

Sylvia did you show yer ski repurposes here? :)

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

Sylvia did you show yer ski repurposes here? :)

Yup!!!

Posts 139, 143, 145 and 146...

Try to look past the old guy...

C864ADC2-1384-4FB0-AF5C-D3FCE0FA2196.jpeg

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Excellent 4

WHX??
On 3/21/2023 at 3:04 PM, Pullstart said:

K-181 air cleaner (engine donor for Putt Putt) turned planter.

Geez and to think I use them for butt kits ... Navy slang for ashtrays right @953 nut:lol:

• Like 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, WHX?? said:

butt kits ... Navy slang for ashtrays

Yes,          :confusion-shrug:          if you don't annunciate clearly that could be Navy slang for "go ahead and punch me in the face!"           :jaw:

• Haha 1

Dan.gerous

Found this seat in the skip at work - perfect as a temporary home for my mig welder!

20230324_084632.jpg

20230406_170730.jpg

20230406_170725.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

Pullstart

Not much to see here, we were too busy hustling.  We have our egg layer chickens that free range most the day, with the geese and a couple too many roosters (4).  Two of those will be harvested and processed soon with our meat chickens.  Our meat chickens stay in the chicken tractor.  Today while feeding the meat birds, the door opened up and about 25-30 got loose.  I quickly shut the door and called Jada and Rylee for reinforcements.  Wrangling chickens in the wide open is like catching a greased pig.  They don’t much stay still and are pretty quick on their feet.

Enter the repurpose project.  I have had an old salmon net hanging in the wood shed for years.  I don’t know where I got it, I’ve never had it in the water or even near the water.  Well, I’d say a salmon net is the best chicken catching apparatus in the world!  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Dan.gerous  those hangers will be great , if you are wearing BODY ARMOUR ,  great save , pete

Handy Don
On 4/9/2023 at 3:35 AM, Dan.gerous said:

20230324_084632.jpg

Dare I ask how the seat was re-purposed? 🤣

• Haha 3

bc.gold
On 6/24/2020 at 9:16 AM, bc.gold said:

Offered to purchase but the tire shop instead gave me a few hundred pounds of wheel weights, some are Fe iron, some lead  and the sought after Zn Zinc that I'm after.

Fe - iron is magnetic

Lead is soft with a low melt point, when struck against a metal object has a dead sound

Zn - Zinc a harder metal than lead has a higher melt point, has a ring tone when struck against a metal object.

Sorting is a tedious scutt job, I'll keep the zinc and give the lead away to someone casting bullets or fishing weights.

The fry pan is zinc.

weights.jpg

zinc.jpg

If you melt both lead and zinc wheel weights together, as the molten metals cool down the zinc cools quicker than the lead forming a  crust that can be skimmed off of the still molten lead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JPWH

I was given 2 - 3' x 8' metal adjustable shelving units a couple years ago. The shelf material is 12" 16 gauge c channel. I was hoping to put them in a storage shed one day. I still may do that and use plywood for the shelves but I decided to upgrade some cheap metal shelves in my shop. Now I need to remove all the old labels and organize the bins.

Before

KIMG0738.JPG.366232c2168136e020d2caa617e05a9b.JPG

After

KIMG0743.JPG.1d9330bb407c5d446b774a6cdc91c637.JPG

KIMG0745.JPG.a3f94f3381c047ebac228b89cb4b5aa8.JPG

Sorting complete

KIMG0750.JPG.6ddacec192573f11c2aa97d61471b07a.JPG

Edited by JPWH
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, JPWH said:

decided to upgrade ******   my shop

Excellent work! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac

I like this topic. Hope to see some more great ideas. Made these chairs out of shopping carts. Nooooo I did not steal the carts. I pulled them out of a junk pile. When I loaded them into my truck I had no idea what I was going to do with them. Got the idea off the internet. Surprisingly how comfortable they are. Great for the back yard fire pit.

20220901_161330.jpg

20220901_161341.jpg

20220910_122717_resized.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

wallfish
24 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

I like this topic. Hope to see some more great ideas. Made these chairs out of shopping carts. Nooooo I did not steal the carts. I pulled them out of a junk pile. When I loaded them into my truck I had no idea what I was going to do with them. Got the idea off the internet. Surprisingly how comfortable they are. Great for the back yard fire pit.

Man, it's a good thing we didn't have those as kids. Riding crunched up uncomfortable as heck while completely uncontrollable down the mall parking lot hills is probably what limited more runs. Doing that in comfort and style would of undoubtedly increased the amount of runs by 10 fold and probably end up with more serious crashes as a result. Once we discovered motorcycles and things with engines, that cart would've been occupied going 20-30 plus MPH easy on the end of a rope. We were all huge jackasses way before it became popular on the net. No helmets either. It's amazing how no one was killed for some of stupid things we were doing. But just like any other young person now, let's blame someone else like Evil Knevil for making us do it! LOL

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Great for the back yard fire pit.

And fire proof except the cushion! 

7 hours ago, wallfish said:

Once we discovered  

engines, that cart

Somewhere on the interwebs  there's small GO-cart chassis with shopping carts attached over the top. 

:scared-eek:

• Like 1

Handy Don

@D_Mac

7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

And fire proof except the cushion!  And the occupant?!

• Like 1