953 nut

Hope your reopening Phase 2 is going better than ours!

JAinVA

We all know that the mask is a pain to deal with but is a sign of respect for the safety of others.When my wife and I got ours I made the statement on this forum that the mask protects the wearer as well.Protection,not from the virus but from the scorn of those who have decided to wear one.I pity the poor person who decides not wear one if they come in contact with someone who has lost a loved one to this scourge.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Tractorhead

I don't really know if using the mask is really painful.
It's just unusual, that's right.

You were quickly arrested here a few months ago, if you wear a mask in a sales counter, what is now required.

A completely opposite situation than before, which we first have to learn to deal with.
Previously ban on masking, now mandatory to wear a mask - somehow weird.

In one thing, I am certain that no country will voluntarily destroy its own economy and jobs unless it is really necessary.

I find it worse that many politicians preach water and drink beer, that makes you unbelievable,
but I think that politicians also have to learn to cope with it.

and spreading some half-truths in the media out of sensationalism doesn't really help the situation.

• Like 2

tom2p

a custom Wheel Horse mask might be cool 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

tom2p

E161EA4A-5CA9-4C90-9E12-5DF55DC0FA60.jpeg

E7B4796A-12F8-4DF2-BE0A-55D8A132C34A.jpeg

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 5

Mickwhitt

I guess you believe the "facts " you want to believe. 

There does not seem to be any reliable source of information on this subject.

From medics who have a pretty broad range of view point which cover their backs in case it really is as bad as they think, to politicians who have an even wider range of view points which cover their backs in case it really isnt as bad as they think.

I myself am totally lost in the swamp of information that this thing has generated. I'm sick of news programmes that have very little content other than covid stories. Sick of covid diets, treatments, masks/no masks etc etc.

The lockdown was designed purely to save our health service from collapse, nothing more,nothing less. If our government cared about the lives of it's people it would not have wasted the countless thousands killed in pointless conflicts.  In the US I guess you might feel the same when your president is threatening to start shooting your own people just to make a point.

Is the lockdown necessary? I dont know, it may have been overkill just to safeguard a health care system that wastes more money than it spends on worthwhile cases. For example we have NHS clinics to help very young children change sex, before they even know what it means.

Will this disease get worse?  I guess so, until I mutates or dies out on it's own.

Will it matter? Not to the brainless people who are leaping from cliffs just for laughs and ending up in hospital, not to the idiots who crowd together on beaches, dumping tons of litter and even human waste for someone else to deal with. Our green space is covered in beer cans and food waste that people just threw down after having lockdown end parties.

Life is back to it's normal, selfish old self. Covid has changed nothing, we've learned nothing, we've lost a great deal.

I'm ranting now, so I will stop. Just look after yourself and yours in a way that doesn't hurt anyone else and I dont think you can go far wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1