Sign in to follow this  
Hodge71

GOT HORSED AROUND

Hodge71

<_< Regret to inform you guys that the 414-8 that i was asking yas about last week ,and i drove to look at got sold right out from underneath me today.Igave the guy $150 to hold it for me until i could get the rest of the money and pick it up tomorrow (Friday). The guy sent me the nicest email saying he was sorry but someone came by the house yesterday and offered him more that he was asking so he sold it. He's gonna be so nice and mail me the 150 bucks back that I gave him to hold it for 4 days. :drool: Boy I guess that nothing is sacred to some folks, handshakes and your word of honor used to mean something. Just venting guys, I know there are still good people out there.This site is full of them!!! :omg:

The problem is I still need a Horse for my stable;gonna call a guy about a 1985 416-8 later today.Twice as much money and no 48"dozer blade but I guess we'll see. Dont need to plow til it snows I guess!

Just Piddling

Sorry, that's too bad. Keep looking, you'll find a better one.

jerrell

:omg: Hodge that has happened to me before in reverse , and that is the reason i always have a bill of sale with me i just write in the info, (you can also just write one out on a piece of paper)

i learned the hard way although i got the money anyway, i was just lucky,

i sold a bronco 11 to a person and had him sign a BOS as is where is, he drove the truck off and about 20 miles away and left it on the side of the road and called me and said he was cancelling the check, i told him he bought it as is where is and he said he didn't care, i took him to court and got my money plus the cost of getting the truck back,,

i always get a BOS because now days you can't tell what or where the equipment came from.

i also believe that your word and a handshake is as binding as a signed contract, but lately i find it is also neccessary to have the BOS and you know the really honest persons don't mind signing one..

in saying that i have bought items from members here and have absolutely no issues, everthing i have bought has been as described and worth what i paid for it..

Eriks Red horse herd

Well Hodge, lately I heard some storys just like yours. Jerrell is right any agreement wheather small or large should be in writing. I know that we all think every one is good hearted. I would"nt do that and i think most of us here Would'nt. Wheather by a hand shake or an oral agreement. But with the way the economy is, most people think they can get more. Then they will do just that and screw the original buyer. I was born and rasied in the country and still live there. Where a hand shake or your word means something!! Now days peoples words don't mean a DAM THING!! And thats a crying shame I feel for you, I would have given him a piece of my mind!! Any ways keep looking theres more fish in the stream you'll hook another good one. probably even bigger and better than the first.

Hodge71

:drool: My indian name must be Black Cloud these last few weeks,Ill tell ya. Called a guy today about a 1985 416-8 speed.Told me tractor is in great shape, was his daughters hes had it for 8 years now, got spare parts and extra 42 in deck for $1000. A lil more than I wanted to spend but the pics he sent looked good. I drive up to meet him and check her out, Deck has been welded all over, looks like by a 3 year old toddler,and then touched up with Kmart red spray bombs, tractor has been sitting outside for 7 of those 8 years rust all over, bearings in deck spindles sound horrible. the stickers have peeled off the hood. Spare deck is worse than deck on machine. Granted it did start and run with no smoke but that was the only thing that was right about the whole description. Why is it so hard for people to just tell the truth in their listings. The guy had the nerve to get upset when i didnt leave with it in my truck I have put well over 1800 miles on my F-350 diesel in the last month to look at junk. Its so frustrating to get my hopes up every time, load up the ramps and head off into oblivion for nothing. :drool: I dont mind paying good money but all I ask in return is to be truthful and up front. I wish I could find somebody in the eastern Pa /southern NY/Jersey area that had a good tractor for a fair price and was honorable enuff to tell ya upfront before ya drive 5 hours what the problems are, and send pictures that truthfully represent the equipment. :omg:

Ok off my soapbox now, done preaching to the choir. If any of you guys got anything ya want to sell in the 70s/80s C series (141/160/175) or the venerable '73 horses with no name 12 auto or 16 auto, or the 400 numbers 414/416 or 418 with either a hydro or a gear tranny please PM me and let me know grass is getting hi, told my girlfriend I'm gonna need to buy a goat soon <_<

Jeff

wheel horse 1045

i have been burned the same way and it sucks but at the end of the day ,you were the man with integrity not the other guy.and that makes you a true wheelhorse man.

can whlvr

is conneticut to far,i saw a member here has a 312-8 for a decent price.Don