953 nut

All gave some, Some gave all.

SALTYWRIGHT

I SERVED 1951 TO 1953 U.S.ARMY.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart 4

formariz

Not forgetting the ones that never came home such as the ones in this beautiful place in Italy.

IMG_0825.JPG.de9747ac34e2b1b2354cc77ca3896b6c.JPG

• Like 2
  • Heart 5

Lee1977

Vietnam 1967-1968

• Heart 1

Pullstart

Thank you to those souls lost defending our country, thank you to those who have served and are currently serving, thank you to the future of our country who plan to!  Thank you to allies for marching along side as well!  I am thankful for each and every one of you, who is or was or will be willing to set aside your priorities to defend what is our nation!

Side note.  I assumed that is Arlington National Cemetery but did not recognize the crosses instead of tombstones.  I wonder how the mowed stripes get there amongst the crosses?  I don’t think I’ve ever caught the perfect greens in a place like that.  I imagine the time that goes into the grounds keeping is unbelievable! 

• Heart 1

Tractorhead

Thank you all Veterans, 

if you survived or In Memoriam

Thank you to gave me the ability to grow up in Freedom and in Peace.
Thanks for give us the ability for a life in Peace.
Thank you, by fighting for an better World for us all, even by using your own Lifes

In memoriam for all Heroes, they lost their life in the fight for our all Freedom.
In memoriam for all Family‘s they lost their Husband‘s, Brothers, Sohns, Sisters, Buddy’s and Friends.

Our life could not happen this way, without your Support.

In Memoriam

An upright thank you for your Support honestly,

from deepest inside of my Heart.

• Excellent 1

formariz
5 hours ago, pullstart said:

Side note.  I assumed that is Arlington National Cemetery but did not recognize the crosses instead of tombstones.  I wonder how the mowed stripes get there amongst the crosses?  I don’t think I’ve ever caught the perfect greens in a place like that.  I imagine the time that goes into the grounds keeping is unbelievable! 

This one is in Italy and it's massive. There are a few more sections like this one on either side of it.I spoke to one of the caretakers while there and was told that it looks like this basically 365 days  of the year. Mowing never stops. Weed whackers are not used as not to damage or mark bottoms of crosses and stars. It is all trimmed by hand. Crosses and stars are also kept impeccably clean. It is a pretty emotional place to be in for one knows everyone there died  in or from combat and never had a chance to make it back home. Every time I travel outside of this country I carry a little American flag in my wallet. I left that one there tucked in the bottom of one cross. The care taker saw what I did and as I left thanked me and said that at the end of the day he would remove it and save it in a place they have designated for it. You see no one in the grounds because everyone else was busy getting their photo taken next to the monument with the names of the deceased on it. I found that particularly distasteful and disrespectful and just sat on the lawn in the middle of the graves away from everyone.