Greentored

Building my ultimate horse

prondzy
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

what did you guys use for the dash tower for the slanted shifter box, and what dash did you use to get it all together?

Mine was a tunnel style off of a 1056, i cut it to length where the tool box fit and cut and angled it like a round hood style super easy.

• Like 2

Greentored

Love the slanted shifter box!  Definitely want to tie mine all together looks-wise, eventually.  There's work to be done on the property, so the plan is to make her do the "3 S's" (start, stop, steer) dependably, then once theres a bit of a break in the schedule, rip her down to nothing and address the cosmetics.  Really, really, really dig the 'leave it alone' look more and more as it just fits our old horses, but I think this ol girl would look pretty sharp all painted up with the correct red, white, and decals.....like rain man said- "very sparkly, like a holiday."

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Greentored

Loaded her up and brought down to the shop this weekend for some needed welding and fabricating. Wired up the charging system (and it actually worked!), fabbed up a hood hinge, frame/trans brace, temporary stack til the Jim Kemp muffler arrives. Went with a 5" engine/4" trans pulley to make low range more useful, and gave me approx 10-11mph in high range 3rd incase I want to have a little fun, plus never hurts to have more than one machine capable of a trail cruise, right?

Next step is belt guard, slap the Brinly hitch and Kemp muffler on when it arrives, and put her to work for now! Once other priorities are caught up, she will get torn down, painted, and the hopped up K321 swap.

In addition to front and rear attachments, I'm thinking this one will get fitted to run a mid mount grader blade with down pressure for driveway work:handgestures-thumbup:

cus2.jpg

cus4.jpg

cus3.jpg

cus1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Greentored

I put her right to work yesterday!  Hooked an old drag up that I picked up in a literal 'trailer load of wheel horses' and tried it out on the gravel driveway. Aside from one minor incident when the fuel petcock got plugged with a chunk of trash, she ran like a champ!

cus6.jpg

cus5.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine

I love seeing them put to work!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Greentored
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I think they love BEING put to work! Its like they're always eager ha.

• Like 2

Greentored

The ol girl got worked hard this weekend dragging and discing, and seems to get along well with her buddy 1277, which handled the tree trimming and lawn duty. 
Neither one missed a beat! 
Dang I love these two machines! 

F6660B34-EC9E-4D99-AA09-2CA48CB9A972.jpeg

345BC5C7-C479-4DF6-B03A-14FC2AEC6388.jpeg

F688B458-AD4B-4A3B-B80D-0455F63E5173.jpeg

F07C0961-952E-4849-9958-007DF33E743F.jpeg

3814B963-E8AB-4C37-9BB9-D16729390B79.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

You had me at PBR.  

Do you have a debris screen for the monster?

Greentored
On 6/24/2020 at 9:37 PM, pullstart said:

You had me at PBR.  

Do you have a debris screen for the monster?

I have two and both scrape the blower housing- something is 'off' somewhere. This one is getting a generator/starter setup so ill modify and add at that point.

PBR is the breakfast of champions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

D_Mac

I see drink holders being added in their future.

• Haha 1

Greentored

Peas are done and couldn't stand it anymore,  @PeacemakerJack I had to see if she would qualify as a plow dog. I mowed them down with the 1277, then turned and disc'd em under. Not sure anymore if she really needs a hopped up K321 but will probably still do it 'just because'. The stock K301 had more than enough grunt to yank through the clay! I love the Jim Kemp muffler tone- rumbly but not offensive.

gar9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

71_Bronco
3 hours ago, Greentored said:

I love the Jim Kemp muffler tone- rumbly but not offensive.

I have one of his mufflers on the K181 in my Commando 8. I really like the sound as well.

Looks like a very capable worker and should be a beast once you get the other motor in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tom2p
On 6/22/2020 at 9:25 AM, Greentored said:

The ol girl got worked hard this weekend dragging and discing, and seems to get along well with her buddy 1277, which handled the tree trimming and lawn duty. 
Neither one missed a beat! 
Dang I love these two machines! 

F6660B34-EC9E-4D99-AA09-2CA48CB9A972.jpeg

and a sweet looking A Frame !

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 2

Greentored
11 hours ago, tom2p said:

and a sweet looking A Frame !

Thanks buddy! I bought it last fall as a long term (3-5yr) flip, but kinda fell in love as ive been fixing it up. Guess its kinda turned into a weekend getaway, or as the girlfriend calls it, a frat house :lol:

• Haha 2

Greentored
19 hours ago, 71_Bronco said:

I have one of his mufflers on the K181 in my Commando 8. I really like the sound as well.

Looks like a very capable worker and should be a beast once you get the other motor in there.

I think it will be overkill, but already have the engine and the ideas in my head. Maybe set a new goal of seeing if I can plow a furrow at 10mph hahaha.

• Haha 3

Pullstart
20 hours ago, Greentored said:

I think it will be overkill, but already have the engine and the ideas in my head. Maybe set a new goal of seeing if I can plow a furrow at 10mph hahaha.

now you sound like @wheelhorseman Lowell and his son Travis!  3rd gear, wide open!

• Haha 1

Greentored

Gosh, guess it’s time to update this forgotten thread! 
Ol ‘Hoss’ is doing well! She got the hopped up K321 transplant and is taking care of everything except cutting grass. 
Today’s job: yanking the plow and blade around, turning some political promises from my sisters horse farm into this clay so maybe things will grow next year. 

78F7E981-EF6A-4999-BDA9-4ADAA86E8BBC.jpeg

1280573F-BAFF-4A33-847C-9979F0ADE328.jpeg

B3A73F7F-6C57-4CFD-BEFF-669212B5B40A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
43 minutes ago, Greentored said:

turning some political promises

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

What’s the:wh: in the bed?  My guess is you used horses to load the @roadapples?

• Like 1

Greentored
22 hours ago, pullstart said:

What’s the:wh: in the bed?  My guess is you used horses to load the @roadapples?

That's a Bronco 14 I picked up over the summer. The boss enforced the 'one tractor' rule at the house, so had to bring this one to my stables and keeping the 655 there for lawn duty now.

Bro in law used one of them green 4x4 tractors to load. I should've put a mask on the Bronco so it didn't get contaminated!

• Haha 4

Raposo
On 5/24/2020 at 10:48 PM, prondzy said:

Looking good, i like your style20160504_195859.jpg.5711504e850b809d143d8fadb5de44dc.jpg

What size rear tires are these??? What brand?

prondzy
5 hours ago, Raposo said:

What size rear tires are these??? What brand?

23.x10.5 -12 Firestone Floatation 23 degree... spendy 

• Like 1

Greentored

Time to resurrect this thread as Hoss is in the shop and getting his makeover during the seasonal downtime. 

Chopped up and modified the belt guard as the stock C120 guard just looked hideous and bulky on here. Boxed in the space between the tower and tool box.

The 'as it sits' look has really grown on me with these old machines, but Hoss is gonna get torn down, painted, and decal'd up. Don't want to lose the Wheel Horse look, so as cool as it would be to do things like black steering, shifter, lift arm, etc... everything is going to be red, and not TOO shiny.

hoss1.jpg

hoss2.jpg

• Like 3

slim67
On 6/18/2020 at 7:08 AM, ebinmaine said:

Me too:handgestures-thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Greentored

This post deleted- i'm an idiot.:lol:

Edited by Greentored