Sparky

Double whammy for us

Sparky

My wife is a nurse at a nursing home/rehabilitation center. Her wing is not supposed to have any Covid Positive patients but with the time of two-three days for test results to come in it was just a matter of time before she was exposed. 
  Well sure enough on May 14 she gets a positive for Covid, 3 days later my test comes in and I’m also positive. She is well on the way to being back to normal. I am just starting to feel less “lousy”. 
  Let me tell you, it’s no joke. I pretty much have been flat on my back barely able to move about the house. A trip from the couch to the bathroom and back to the couch will wipe me out! Lost 11 pounds, but just yesterday I started to get some of my appetite back so I hope I’m done loosing weight.

With all the states easing up on restrictions pertaining to Covid please don’t let your guard down. BE SMART AND SAFE! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 14
  • Heart 5

Ed Kennell

Best wishes for a complete speedy recovery for both of you Mike.

• Thanks 1

johnnymag3

Quick and speedy recovery …..To both. This site relies heavily on you, and Im sure family does too

GET WELL SOON !!!!

:greetings-clappingyellow:

JOHN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lane Ranger

Sparky :  Your wife is in the front line of fighting this!   

Best wished for a speedy recovery and your posting shows how real an impact that even limited exposure can have quickly!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i'm amazed by the number of people who absolutely do not want to wear a mask,even if i offer them one  for FREE. they often say they are not concerned...guess what buddy? I AM  SO GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

Fair winds and following seas Mike and Mrs.  Nothing to mess with for sure. 

• Thanks 1

Sparky
33 minutes ago, squonk said:

Hope you feel better Sparky! And to all those :occasion-clown: who think they don't need to wear a mask and are demanding going back into bars and suck in each other's fumes, UP YOUR NOSE WITH A COVID SWAB! :occasion-xmas:

Thanks Mike! I was shocked how far that swap was shoved up my nose! I drove away from the test tent with tears in my eyes like I  had been punched in the nose 

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Hope you and your Family recovers quick.

I be caught in two meanings by myself.

my heart tell‘s me keep me and others Safe,
my mind tell‘s me there will be a lot of Things happen, because the whole world is restricted and in Paranoya by Covid.

Politicans doing stupid decisions here on our Site these Day’s while everything is covered on Covid Hysteria at all.
No other News will be heared actually, even in TV or Radio news you only hear - Corona corona corona...
I‘m Tired to hear that 24/7, but i‘m not tired to keep myself and others protected by Wearing a Mask.

It‘s a crazy time, few Months ago if you go in Fillingstation to pay with a Mask, you are immediately arrested,
now everybody is happy, if you wear a mask.
Crazy.

But however the different meanings are, protect yourself and others by respect the rules these Day‘s.

Stay safe and healthy in this hard times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

squonk
17 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Thanks Mike! I was shocked how far that swap was shoved up my nose! I drove away from the test tent with tears in my eyes like I  had been punched in the nose 

I had my covid test 3 days before my knee surgery. The nurse who did it knew me from my time working at the hospital plus she was one of my cardiac rehab nurses. We had a couple of good laughs then it was YEOWWOOCHIE! 

• Haha 6

Stormin

All the best Mike. Get well soon the both of you. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@SparkyHope you and your wife fully recover. The knuckle heads that don't wear masks will be one who say "I didn't think I would catch it " 

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
6 hours ago, Sparky said:

With all the states easing up on restrictions pertaining to Covid please don’t let your guard down

That is it in a nutshell for so many of the knuckleheads out there. "Things are opening up, problem over"        :no:   Problem just beginning, the lock down just gave the medical community time to become better prepared for the inevitable next wave of infections. My wife is rightfully concerned because of her limited lung capacity so I have been doing all of the shopping and we have become somewhat reclusive. Thank God we are both retired have hobbies that consume much of our time.

Mike, hope you have a swift and complete recovery and I'm glad your wife is feelin better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Elliot Garfinkel

Glad to hear you and your wife are on the mend,I'm sure it was pretty scary. Stay well

• Thanks 1

BOB ELLISON

Sparky

I pray you and your wife come out of this ok

I'm in the same boat as @953 nut wife.

I have less then half of my lung capacity and I use oxygen a few times a day. I surely don't want anything to do with this stuff. My wife protects me by doing all the shipping. 

Your wife is on the front lines and that makes her a hero. Thank GOD for wonderful wife's. 

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 5

wallfish

Crap Mike, hope you feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

rmaynard

I just finished telling someone today that I don't know anyone personally who has Covid-19. Now, sadly I do. I hope you and your wife have a full recovery. Hopefully, after you are well, you will also be carrying antibodies that will allow you to get back to normal without having to worry like the rest of us. 😷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart 1

76c12091520h

Hope you're feeling better soon !

• Thanks 1

jay bee

Hoping for a speedy recovery for both you and your wife.

• Thanks 1

nylyon

This can sure give you a kick to the ribs, that’s for sure.  I am 99% convinced I had thin in late January before it was a thing here, and it sure sucked! Get better soon Mike!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sparky
9 hours ago, rmaynard said:

Hopefully, after you are well, you will also be carrying antibodies that will allow you to get back to normal without having to worry like the rest of us. 😷

That’s the only good part about having to go thru all this Bob! Hoping it’s “one and done” :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

squonk
4 hours ago, Sparky said:

That’s the only good part about having to go thru all this Bob! Hoping it’s “one and done” :handgestures-thumbupright:

We all hope it's one and done and as far as you getting back to "Normal" ..............................Well.......................................:ph34r:

Sparky

So today is the first time I’ve worked since May 12th. Granted I still haven’t left my house yet and am simply banging away on my laptop, I am forced to stay awake and be available for what ever shows up in my inbox.  
  I’m over the hump now and I think this past Sunday was my last day of feeling completely shot, it’s all gonna be better from here on. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

DougC

Glad to hear you are on the upswing now Mike.  :)

• Thanks 1

nylyon

Glad you're on the mend Mike, this one really takes ya to yer knees!

• Thanks 1