Stormin

Been two months in lockdown now. Just about run out of jobs. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Dan.gerous
2 hours ago, Stormin said:

Been two months in lockdown now. Just about run out of jobs. :(

I wish we had that problem, both of us are key workers so our jobs list is miles high still 😊

I've got two weeks off now so going to try and finish up a few things, have a ride on to get sold to make room for another wheelhorse, sheds to build, etc

• Like 2

Dan.gerous
4 hours ago, dells68 said:

Anybody else get sidelined for a while with this Covid mess?  I’ve ended up tackling projects I otherwise wouldn’t have gotten to.  First on the list is building Emory and I a man cave den in the basement.  I’ve worked pretty steady on it for the last 5 weeks or so and havean’ t been able to be on here much.  I’m nearing the end of this project and busting up the old concrete back porch and pouring a new one is up next.  I need to put a drain tile in the back yard to divert water during hard rains.  I need to paint the house trim and replace some brick mold around the windows.  Lastly, will come cleaning out the garage.  Big list, but with no shows this summer I think I can spare the time.  We’ve lived here 15 years and are just now having time for these improvements.  Below is a pic from when I first started with only the soffit around the ceiling done and some up lighting in.  The others are where I am tonight.  I’ll post more as I finish up.  Emory is in hog heaven for us to have our own space!

Nice space, everybody needs a place like that!

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Trina and I are both "essential workers" ... expendable?  :lol:

Well whatever the term we been lucky to have a steady income but Man!!! What we could get done with the month off...

Dell the man cave looks great!!

Looking forward to seeing what else you get done.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

Looks Great!

Lucky Dad...!

Lucky kid...!

:thumbs:

• Thanks 1

953 nut
6 hours ago, dells68 said:

Lastly, will come cleaning out the garage.

We have seen pictures of your garage,   that there is one BIG JOB!                 :ROTF:

Nice job on the man cave, love the decor and the accent wall color.               :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 5

squonk

Been working every day during the lockdown. I had to get my knee operated on just so I could get some time off!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

• Haha 4

dells68
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

We have seen pictures of your garage,   that there is one BIG JOB!   

You haven’t even seen the hoard of VW brake shoes that I have!  I’ve got maybe 30+ boxes of NOS shoes and parts.  These are the leftovers from a local parts store buy out that a buddy made.  We sold everything we could, but these are the oddballs no one wanted.   It will take days and days just to dig out the junk!  I’ll get it done eventually.  To top that off, my MIL has decided that since we aren’t going to the big show that I need to remodel her bathroom for her since she doesn’t want anyone else coming in the house:ROTF:! Horses seem to be enjoying their free time to rest!

• Like 1

dells68
3 minutes ago, squonk said:

Been working every day during the lockdown. I had to get my knee operated on just so I could get some time off!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

Now come on Mike, we know you don’t work hard enough to blow out your knee:ROTF:!  Just kidding, what did you have done?  Since schools have been shut down, I’ve had to work from home with zoom meetings and one or two days a week at school getting packets ready, but I’ve still made more time to do these projects - only bright side of this whole Covid mess!  Now, we don’t know what school will look like in the fall - kids staggered days present, delayed start, virtual instruction.  Talk about a mess!

• Sad 2

squonk

We've been in the schools since they have no one smart enough to fix a boiler! :angry-tappingfoot: Check out my post in this thread. One school almost had their own Olympic Torch! :scared-eek:

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
41 minutes ago, squonk said:

Obviously it must be your other knee Squonk because all that repetitive tapping would be rough on it😂

@dells68 what a cool man cave and a neat place to spend time with Emory.  Love the paint scheme, woodwork, and the signage!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

Dell, that looks awesome!  Great work you two!  I like the engines on the shelf!

• Thanks 1

Dan.gerous
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Trina and I are both "essential workers" ... expendable?  :lol:

Well whatever the term we been lucky to have a steady income but Man!!! What we could get done with the month off...

Dell the man cave looks great!!

Looking forward to seeing what else you get done.

Expendable sounds about right!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1