danweikert21

Wheel horse drive belts

danweikert21

Hello everyone I was working on my kohler today cause I just got some throttle linkages and I glanced over at my drive belt and it was getting shredded! Im new to this so I proably don't know what Im doing but if anyone can figure out why this happened that would be great.image2.jpeg.4851f07650aa8e331f6ac0d1db07cd9c.jpegimage1.jpeg.6a01930970e431c871678a6f5782c7f1.jpeg1196588695_image0(1).jpeg.104dd4f8a6ffa2d64c9e4f148e1d7beb.jpeg

ebinmaine

Is the belt 3 weeks older than dirt?

• Like 1

danweikert21

No I just got it haha I was just looking at it and I think the pully with the metal guide on it was ripping it up but I don't know why that would happen

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, danweikert21 said:

No I just got it haha I was just looking at it and I think the pully with the metal guide on it was ripping it up but I don't know why that would happen

That pulley does look a bit rough....

Maybe sand it up a bit and replace the belt.

Lee1977

Looks to me like some one has destroyed the belt brake attached to the clutch idler. It's been bent and has holes worn in it.. The idler should be removed to install a new belt and some one bent it to get the belt in. The idler may be bent also as it was pried on the bend the brake. Unless your a welder and good at fixing thing you may need to find a used clutch bracket.

Here is a picture of my 312-8 It's a little different as it original has a shock or struct attached to the back. It was long gone before I got it. No the best picture showing it but the only one I have.

SAM-1064.jpg

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 2

danweikert21

Thank you that should work :)

roadapples

Agree that needs attention but it looks like the inside of the belt is worn not the back. Check for rough spots or even a welding spawl in side those pullys..