55reasons

New Member (1975 Wheel Horse C-160)

Darb1964

Welcome abord, and thank you for your service.

Anything you need most likely can be found on this site at the right $. I can't talk for all wheel horse owners but the ones on this site are salt of the earth and will do what they can to help you out. There is other resources here other than tractors and just about any clean and proper subject is welcome other than politics and religious. I'm sure others but you know what I mean. Well I guess our addiction to wheel horse tractors could be considered a religion but that's what makes this work. I've found myself on here more than ever because of the world today and my personal health situation, almost like consoling and putting trouble of life on hold for a time. You don't get picked on for your short coming either.

Ninety nine percent of what I wrote is gospel.

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

Darb1964

Forgot to congratulate you on a great model, I myself have acquired a C-160 automatic and eight speed. I have not been much for posting photos, I enjoy seeing others. I'll try to change that in the near future.

• Like 1

JCM

My experience with side discharge decks is on the 48'' the height adjustment lever is on the left side of the deck and the 42'' is on the right side. Yours looks to be a 48''. Here are a few pictures of 1 of each, 42'' on a 312-8 and a 48'' in storage for the Winter. By the way @55reasons  super nice welds on that deck.  :handgestures-thumbup:

img20200728_10584367.jpg

IMG_0455.JPG

• Like 1

JCM

I would like to reiterate on what @Darb1964 mentioned above on Tuesday of this week. I could not have put into words any better than Darb did in describing the RS members and this forum. It remains a mystery to me how @nylyon and his RS staff were able to amass so many members with similar interests and a common bond. Since the age of 18 I have joined many clubs, fraternal organizations and been on several committees and still hold membership in most of them in 2 different states and can honestly say you guys are a special bunch for sure. Having dealt with several on here by way of PM for parts and a few in person ( Darb) , as one,you  ALL have produced the goods and have my utmost respect. Lastly I am sure many of you would agree with me on the above mentioned heartfelt comments from Darb.    :clap:

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JCM said:

special

That's where I fit in......

• Haha 1

Darb1964

Just looking at this thread again and thought I would put my newest horse on this thread. Finally had some sun and the snow is gone but still a chilly day.

Cleaned her up and got her running, still some bugs to clear up, but seems to be a solid worker.

IMG_20210423_170509.jpg

IMG_20210423_170607.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

my newest horse

Niiiiiiiice