76c12091520h

The things people throw away (part 3)

lynnmor

Most local municipalities passed laws to prevent folks from grabbing things that were set out for trash.  My SIL has a seasonal business, so he would rehabilitate mowers during the off season, but others with no common sense stopped that.  People with common sense can no longer shame the know nothing folks that waste most of what they touch.  With nonsense like the Cash For Clunkers program it is apparent that we have people with low intellect from the top down. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

tom2p
8 hours ago, lynnmor said:

Most local municipalities passed laws to prevent folks from grabbing things that were set out for trash.  My SIL has a seasonal business, so he would rehabilitate mowers during the off season, but others with no common sense stopped that.  People with common sense can no longer shame the know nothing folks that waste most of what they touch.  With nonsense like the Cash For Clunkers program it is apparent that we have people with low intellect from the top down. 

cash for clunkers program just about killed a friends used car retail / wholesale business ... 

• Sad 3

tom2p
On 5/20/2020 at 3:21 PM, ebinmaine said:

There are those in the world who should never be allowed to pick up a wrench....

I have my days when I'm clearly one of those folks.

:D

lol me also 

can be an adventure - especially when working on old stuff with corroded fasteners ...

sometimes I'm satisfied to end a protect even ... not negative  lol

• Like 1

Andy N.
On 5/18/2020 at 6:43 PM, 76c12091520h said:

20200518_184147[1].jpg

20200518_184131[1].jpg

What's the brand and model of the rear tires. Look like Carlisle, but hard to see. Never seen that tread pattern before. I like it! Kind of looks like open end wrenches.

And very nice find!

Edited by Andy N.
  • Like 1

tom2p
8 hours ago, lynnmor said:

we grabbed a reel mower in like-new condition on the way to a baseball practice  - the mower was put out in the trash 

and perfect timing - my kid had just recently said he wanted to get a reel mower to tow behind his RC truck 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

76c12091520h

Just a little follow up on this : new fuel line, new hydro filter and 5 fresh quarts 10w30, changed oil and filter, 2 new matching spark plugs(they had 2 mismatched , incorrect plugs in it) , new lt front inner wheel bearing and seal, a few wiring repairs (removed the house wiring they used to bypass the main connector), 2 used tail light lenses and bulbs, cleaned the air filter, added a used decal to replace the missing one over the idiot lights, 2 used choke and throttle knobs, checked and lubed everything.   Swapped my 42" recycler and mule drive over to give it a good test run. Used it for 2hrs today in heavy, thick grass and didn't miss a beat. The only thing that doesn't work is the hour meter.

20200530_233207[1].jpg

20200530_233144[1].jpg

20200530_180058[1].jpg

20200530_175922[1].jpg

20200530_175833[1].jpg

20200530_175822[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977
On 5/21/2020 at 9:49 PM, Andy N. said:

What's the brand and model of the rear tires. Look like Carlisle, but hard to see. Never seen that tread pattern before. I like it! Kind of looks like open end wrenches.

And very nice find!

If it's a Carlisle it's a Turf Saver II. I haven't seen that tread but i have an older one on on a wagon . It has about a third of the treads of a Turf Saver and the ones that are their are hollered out like that.  The tire was on the front axle of a Muarry that I used to build the wagon. They are made cheap, paper thin worse then a 2 ply Turf Saver.

• Like 1

76c12091520h
8 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

If it's a Carlisle it's a Turf Saver II. I haven't seen that tread but i have an older one on on a wagon . It has about a third of the treads of a Turf Saver and the ones that are their are hollered out like that.  The tire was on the front axle of a Muarry that I used to build the wagon. They are made cheap, paper thin worse then a 2 ply Turf Saver.

They are Carlisle Turf Mates

WVHillbilly520H
12 minutes ago, 76c12091520h said:

Funny thing is they only offer a couple odd sizes now...https://www.carlisletirestore.com/trf_mt.htm.

Lee1977
2 minutes ago, 76c12091520h said:

They must have changed the name. Here is the Turf Saver II.

SAM-1211.jpg

echris

And here I am thinking the 310-8 I scored today for $300 was a home run. :D

What an amazing find!

• Like 1

WildmanC120

I just threw out my 418-C.  Drug it out to the road and next day it was gone.  Magic