ebinmaine

A little walk across the street

CCW

Stonewalls in the woods of New England are no big surprise as I am sure @ebinmaine is well aware of.  One hundred years ago approx 90% of New England was farmland and treeless.  Now 95% of that treeless land is once again treed.  

Nice countryside Eric.  I am NE born and bred and love this part of the country.  When I was in Denver for a conference I missed the trees more than I ever expected.  A friend of mine had a brother from Columbine, CO visit and they felt like they were living in a jungle.  Not me.  Give me the trees.

• Like 5

953 nut

I grew up on a dairy farm in upstate NY. Each spring we would gather the stones that frost had pushed to the surface and add them to the boundary fences. Some were as high as we could reach. 

• Like 3

WHX??

You did his today??? We dealt with this today!

Thanks for taking us along...

20200517_173356.jpg

• Like 2

Cvans

Looks like you had a beautiful day Eric. 

I grew up in the Portland OR. area which was heavily forested. Lots of trees over a hundred feet high. After coming out to South Dakota I fell in love with the wide open spaces and now when we go back out west I get a very confined feeling. The only way to see the sky is look straight up. When coming home it feels good to come up out of the Columbia River gorge and be able to see the horizon again. Funny how we are attracted to different environments. 

• Like 2

Mickwhitt

Beautiful scenery, and amazing to see change on both a geological time scale and a human one. 

In Derbyshire near where I live we have a national park and some of the dry stone walls have to be seen to be believed, they go up some of the steepest hillsides you can imagine. The work to build them must have been immense, and now they are more or less redundant. Just reminders of when land was more precious. 

I will dig out some shots of our walks, but they are not much compared to your big country. But they are beautiful in such a small chunk of rock called England.

Mick 

• Like 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

some shots of our walks, but they are not much compared to your big country.

I'd be looking forward to seeing them.

Country is country. No matter the location.

@Cvans Trina and I went to North Dakota a few years ago.

It was incredibly fascinating for both of us.

We were both mind boggled by the terrain and the fact that a "high spot" is a highway overpass.

I very much enjoyed the HUGE sky and I understand and appreciate the draw towards it.

We would both love to see SD (Trina has a friend who is Lakota)  and for that matter many other areas....

New England will always be "home" to us. She and I most enjoy the looong views from the mountain tops.

Herder

Thanks for sharing EB.  Love it.  If you keep that up your going to windup with me as a neighbor. 

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Herder said:

Thanks for sharing EB.  Love it.  If you keep that up your going to windup with me as a neighbor. 

Bring your herd and don't be cranky and you'd be welcome..

:lol:

SylvanLakeWH

Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Racinbob

Nancy and I tend to be homebodies and really not interested in overseas travel at all but whenever traveling enters our conversation Maine always comes up. Then you get it started all over by posting more pictures. We always seem to come up with reasons not to go right now, mostly because we 'think' we're too busy. Bull pucky! We'll always have a ton of projects on the table because we like it that way. Maybe this covid 19 thing has a little bright side. Obviously this year isn't good for travel but it has reminded us that sooner or later we likely won't have the go juice left in us and we just need to do it. 2021...….Dirigo or bust!! Eric, you and Trina can be our guide for a hike like that. :)

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Zeek

Very pretty country!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
52 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

guide for a hike

You got you a deal Bob

I don't even have to ask Trina cuz I know she'd be happy to help as well.

Any kind of help or guidance or information or whatever you need, let me know.

• Thanks 1

Herder
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Bring your herd and don't be cranky and you'd be welcome..

:lol:

Thanks, I am not cranky with people that I like.

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Herder said:

Thanks, I am not cranky with people that I like.

So you'd be okay with Trina but not with me.....

:ROTF:

• Haha 1

LengerichKA88

I wish I had a place to stomp around like that right in my back yard... beautiful pictures @ebinmaine

• Thanks 1