prondzy

HF Press

WHX??

I guess I'm not seeing the need for the winch for the apron Mike??? I get that old I can't do it by hand come get all my tractors :lol:

Guessing you saw my mod for gettin a dash in ??

Only problem I have is the lame stand. Feet needs to be welded solid and anchored to the floor. Too tippy for me otherwise.

Another issue was the bottle jack leaked after a few uses and had to add oil... prolly low to begin with...Chinese go figure...if yours does go get some of this. Worked wonders for a 20 yo crapsman 3 ton floor jack that always leaked.  Fleets has it. Other than that for the money ....priceless for home shop.:)

20200512_203407.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 8

prondzy
16 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

I guess I'm not seeing the need for the winch for the apron Mike??? I get that old I can't do it by hand come get all my tractors :lol:

Guessing you saw my mod for gettin a dash in ??

Only problem I have is the lame stand. Feet needs to be welded solid and anchored to the floor. Too tippy for me otherwise.

Another issue was the bottle jack leaked after a few uses and had to add oil... prolly low to begin with...Chinese go figure...if yours does go get some of this. Worked wonders for a 20 yo crapsman 3 ton floor jack that always leaked.  Fleets has it. Other than that for the money ....priceless for home shop.:)

20200512_203407.jpg

Jim the winch is just for raising and lowering the table. The big plus is being able to change table height with work not tipping off the table when moving pins.

• Like 5

Achto

Mike, I made a press brake for making a curved bend. I twas made from angle iron, round stock & some scrap metal that I had lying around.

58fd4c2864735_Body36.thumb.jpg.115f761fbf9bfd56c96393b0d41ebf4b.jpg

Replacing the round stock with angle iron or a heavy bar at a 45 degree angle you would have a press brake to make 90 degree bends.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

WHX??
10 minutes ago, prondzy said:

work not tipping off the table when moving pins.

Yup that I could see...:handgestures-thumbupright: I was doing that all the time when broaching. To solve it I made different lengths of push stock but still have to move the apron at least once. 

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 3

WHX??

Looking at that winch setup on a big screen now Mike that ain't a bad idea. :handgestures-thumbupright: I probably have a boat winch laying around with nothing to do. 

Did yours come with the angle pieces from the feet to the H or did you add them? ? Mine does not have that and would make it much less tippy. No matter how tight those bottom bolts are it still tips. I didn't want to bolt it down... may rearrange the shop. Also that piece of angle holding the handle... :handgestures-thumbupright:I need to make  a little tray for there. 

20200512_190032.jpg.dc08d595629bca6a6128efdedbb89eea.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 3

prondzy
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Looking at that winch setup on a big screen now Mike that ain't a bad idea. :handgestures-thumbupright: I probably have a boat winch laying around with nothing to do. 

Did yours come with the angle pieces from the feet to the H or did you add them? ? Mine does not have that and would make it much less tippy. No matter how tight those bottom bolts are it still tips. I didn't want to bolt it down... may rearrange the shop. Also that piece of angle holding the handle... :handgestures-thumbupright:I need to make  a little tray for there. 

20200512_190032.jpg.dc08d595629bca6a6128efdedbb89eea.jpg

Those are parts came with the press

• Like 1

WHX??

Made this today ... 

20200518_164833.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Shynon
36 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Made this today ... 

20200518_164833.jpg

Nice Jim, will you be making more:ychain:

prondzy
9 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Made this today ... 

20200518_164833.jpg

Thanks for the idea Jim!

WHX??
9 hours ago, Shynon said:

Nice Jim, will you be making more:ychain:

I can... took about 5 min. got tired of arbors falling off and a place to store the handle. Need to put on those foot angles now. 

Those handles on the side of the apron where the cable attaches Mike did you put them on? Mine does not have them either. 

I could add them and winch but then my mod to get a steering shaft in with the dash on would not work. 

Edited by WHX24

prondzy
On 5/19/2020 at 6:39 AM, WHX24 said:

I can... took about 5 min. got tired of arbors falling off and a place to store the handle. Need to put on those foot angles now. 

Those handles on the side of the apron where the cable attaches Mike did you put them on? Mine does not have them either. 

I could add them and winch but then my mod to get a steering shaft in with the dash on would not work. 

New design Jim, but there are easy ways to make it work just google HF 20ton press mods. 20200520_144702.jpg.de240903bc2410958dee17cbb3f4be68.jpg

Just installed this guy on the release valve, no more using the jack handle , what a pain! Available online.

• Like 1

WHX??

Sawwweett...

Got a :text-link: ?

prondzy

@WHX24

https://www.swagoffroad.com/

Gotta watch if you have a roll pin t handle or a squished flat t handle on your valve for which knob you need. 

Check out his finger brake for the 20ton HF presses, pretty sweet but kinda spendy, gotta start saving.

Edited by prondzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

prondzy

@WHX24 added the air jack last night no more stroking it and having the missus walkin in on ya!

Edited by prondzy
  • Like 2

WHX??

Sounds like a machine gun!:D

• Like 1