DoctorP

DOCTORP CASE 195 RESTORATION 90% COMPLETE

Achto

Looking awesome!! :handgestures-thumbupright: I really like the looks of the Colt built Case's.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Very Nice.  i have a couple of Case's to restore.

Do you have the chrome "Ol Abe" Eagle Medallion that mounts in those 2 holes in the front of the hood.  

26 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

195 May 30.JPG

• Like 1

D_Mac

Any " before " photos ?

WHNJ701

big fan of the cases, what paint did you use, I have a case tractor that's coming up soon for restoration 

DoctorP

To Achto...thanks...I'm sort of proud of it myself if I'm allowed to say so.

To Jim, yep, I have "the old bird" emblem. The one I have is missing the two tabs on the back that extend through the front panel. Whoever had it filed them off and left it smooth. I'll have to  glue it on since I don't think I can drill that pot metal without damaging it. I'll send a picture of Old Abe when I get back out to the shop.

To DMac. Nope, no "before" photos. Honestly, what I would have to have done is point a camera down into the 2 boxes at a conglomeration of various parts (some did not even go on a 195... I think he just cleaned out his shed with whatever he could find) I had a really difficult time finding the original hydraulic tubing and had to do a little pipe bending to get one of them to fit. Just got after pics although, now, I wish I had taken a picture of the boxes of parts...but didn't do it at the time.  dp

DoctorP

To Jabelman: I used the regular Case Desert Sunset and Flambeau Red...rattle cans I got from Barneveld Implement Co in Wisconsin. If you need paint, parts, or whatever, Bill and Charley are top notch guys and I recommend them to anybody. if you talk to Bill, let him know you heard about him from me.  Regards,  dp

peter lena

doctorP, nice job on that , i always liked the cases , cast iron and  steel is hard to beat. back in the day when i was first looking for a tractor , there was  a very small dealership near me that sold case and wheel horse , side by side just about equal . when it came to a deal , he would talk on the horse price but not on the case. bought my c-85 new in 82 , still have it , your case is a solid unit and your work will make it live on , good work , pete  

D_Mac
1 hour ago, jabelman said:

big fan of the cases, what paint did you use, I have a case tractor that's coming up soon for restoration 

Is it going to have hub caps?

WHNJ701
27 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Is it going to have hub caps?

no way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

I know very little about a Case, but I’d say you nailed it!

roadapples
10 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Very Nice.  i have a couple of Case's to restore.

Do you have the chrome "Ol Abe" Eagle Medallion that mounts in those 2 holes in the front of the hood.  

You could use 3M two faced tape for the eagle. It's what they use for auto emblems nowadays. Wal-Mart has it...

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: when I restored my ‘69 GTO back in 2000, one of the front fenders was off a lemans and didn’t have holes drilled where the emblem was meant to be installed.  Someone made this same recommendation to me and I was skeptical that it wouldn’t hold.  However, here we are 20 years and about 23,000 miles later and the emblems are still holding fine with the 3M tape.  

Love the look of those “elephant ear” big wheel case GT’s. You have done a really nice job on your restore and I can’t wait to see pics posted of it when complete.  Later this summer, my daughter and I will be starting a refurbish on her Case 224.  They are capable and durable machines and the HyDrive is such a unique and smooth operating drive system.  

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Love the early Colt/Case's!! You did a nice job!! 

randy