Achto

Covid PLow Day

Stormin

Thanks for the posts, lads. :handgestures-thumbup: Looks a great day.

Doesn't look like I'm going to get any ploughing this year. :( Was hoping to get over there for Dan's plow day, but looks like I'll have to wait till next year as things are.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Thanks Josh. Always a good write up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

ebinmaine

Absolutely AWESOME to see you all OUTSIDE and safe at the same time.

Thanks for being responsible and respectful.

Someday I'mma gonna haffta get out there and muck about in the fields with you folks!!!

Great pics!!

• Like 5

Pullstart

Awesome spread of tractors and plows and people being social :handgestures-thumbupright:

I would have been tempted to make the drive for that!  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 3

WHX??

Wow I picked a real bad weekend to go up north. Missed all the fun! 

Looks like fairly clayish the way the dirt is sticking. 

Also looks like Joel, aka the pumpkin farmer,  got his front weights on and is plowing pretty well. 

Gotta like Jacks choice of shirt for the day!!! 

4708ECA8-1413-418C-BAF0-2B7EDC260155.jpeg.6dcc10aa1e4cea5eed51fdcfa68add42.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

stevasaurus

OH YAH...Wisconsin in the Spring.  What a nice bunch of GTs.  Excellent pictures guys.  :occasion-xmas:

• Thanks 2

WVHillbilly520H

@PeacemakerJack, I noticed that Snapper has OTR Lawn Trac R1 on the rear... I like mine more and more every time I play on my 520s.

• Like 3

Achto
47 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I noticed that Snapper has OTR Lawn Trac R1 on the rear... I like mine more and more every time I play on my 520s

I'm not sure why Jason choose to go with those tires on his Snapper but I know he's not disappointed with them. Granted besides the my Dad's old IH Cub, Jason had the largest tractor there but I never saw him have an issue with traction. Jason is currently building a Massey Ferguson version of his 1855 Snapper and I'm pretty sure that he choose the same tires again.

Edited by Achto
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

...OTR Lawn Trac R1 on the rear... I like mine more and more every time I play on my 520s.

Jeff, I think they are a great looking tire and seem to be very functional.  I agree with Dan, Jason was not hurting for traction whatsoever.  Thanks for the updates as you have used yours as well.  Don’t forget to put a post on the plowing thread about them if you haven’t already.  Tires are an important component of furrow plowing for sure👍🏻

• Like 2

Tractorhead

A great idea to celebrate that event !

Be outside and safe with „natural distance“ but do things together,

be outside with some fellas of equal interests and have just a lot of Fun together

and allways additional a lot of knowledge exchange and improvement‘s.

i like this spirit, the results and your resumes of your Plow Day‘s.

Great events, they are here sadly not being happen.

Thanks for Sharing.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

Didn’t do much videography at this plow day because I was helping a couple of boys get some plowing done but here is one of the videos that I took.  Not my best work but it is fun to see Zach plowing with GhostRider.  So far I am a fan of the electric lift, I am interested to see how long it will actually hold up...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

WHX??

Thanks Josh... looks like a pretty long run. Now I really wished I could have dropped a plow just to see how my rig would have done. Did you guys get the whole field done? 

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

I’m embarrassed to admit this but we didn’t stay to the very end. We left about 4:30pm and there was about 5 passes left to close the dead furrow and probably twice that to finish the field to the road.  Kevin would be disappointed in me but other responsibilities were calling. 🙄

Dan—did you guys wrap it up including headlands?  I did speak with Jason while we were loading up and he said he enjoyed running the disc over the plowed field as much as plowing.  That may be another option in the right situation if someone doesn’t  have enough field for the number of guys plowing.  After about half of it gets plowed, send some guys out with discs, diggers, and springtooths to break the big chunks down🤔

• Like 2

Achto

We did finish plowing the whole field. Plus got it smoothed out with the spring tooth drag behind the 4 wheeler. I'm going to use my Cockshutt 30 to plant soy beans in it on Thursday after work. I'll try to get some pic's while I'm planting & add them on here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

WHX??
1 hour ago, Achto said:

plant soy beans in it

This doesn't mean we are going to have tofu enchiladas at next plow does it?!?!?:lol:

1 hour ago, Achto said:

I'll try to get some pic's

:banana-rock:

• Haha 4

stevasaurus

tofu enchiladas...I would not even mess up what system I have left on something like that.  I'd rather put 3 Slim JIm's and a wedge of Spam on a corn taco shell.   Hey, that sounds pretty good.  :eusa-think:

• Haha 5

stevasaurus

That is so cool.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

That is so cool.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

:text-yeahthat:

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Great to see that old Cockshutt not only looking good, a capable winning puller, but also out in the field doing what it was originally built to do!   Thanks for the great pics and video, looking forward to turning soil in that field again😎

• Like 1

WHX??

You suggesting this becomes another annual event Jack? :lol:

• Excellent 2

PeacemakerJack

More plowing annually??? 

No.

Absolutely not.

I don’t think I could handle another local plowing event.

That would be TOO MUCH PLOWING (🤔can that even be possible?)

😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

Achto

There is a pretty good chance that this will become an annual event. Les was very pleased with the results. Last year when he planted he had trouble with beans being left on top of the ground behind the drill. That was not an issue at all yesterday.:) When we plow may change year to year though. In fact we might be able to plow this field again this fall. Les is thinking about putting in winter wheat after the soy beans are harvested.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2