8ntruck

Comment on Re-opening

8ntruck

Manty states are in the process of re-opening their economies.  I think it will be interesting to see what is happening with the number of new cases two weeks from now.

I just want to say that we need to consider what is going on in our local area and act accordingly as the economy starts to re-open.  

Example: The county I live in has a population of just over 42,000.  Last week the number of Covid 19 cases doubled.  It appears that the number of cases has not yet peaked here. 

Even though our state is reducing restrictions, the people in this area should continue to self isolate until a while after the number of cases has peaked to minimize the transmission of Covid 19, and to help prevent the local health care system from being over run.

We need to remember that a person can be contagious even if they are not presenting any symptoms.

It is my opinion that common sense and consideration for other people's health is what is going to get us through this.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

troutbum70

8ntruck I don't think we can rely on just people's common sense or we will be in bigger trouble. We all need to put our faith in our Lord And Saviour to get us through this mess. I left a small piece of scripture that sums it up.

PSX_20200503_220340.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

CCW

@8ntruck Medical experts and my governor, who has done a great job, are the source I am relying on.  I do think we can start to open some stores.  If we can go to the grocery store with the numbers there then the smaller stores would not pose a problem.  There are two things I know right now.  I will not fly until it is either fully under control or there is a vaccine nor will I be in a hurry to sit in a restaurant. 

troutbum70

Yes it is very important that we all stay vigilant and not do foolish stuff, this has been a very devastating time for so many. A rebound of this would be even more devastating. Stay healthy and keep GOD in the loop.  

Razorback
40 minutes ago, troutbum63 said:

Yes it is very important that we all stay vigilant and not do foolish stuff, this has been a very devastating time for so many. A rebound of this would be even more devastating. Stay healthy and keep GOD in the loop.  

It doesn’t help, either, that certain nefarious “officials” are using this bug to destroy certain people (or A certain person) and in the process are destroying our country. THOSE are the ones that need the light shined on them.

troutbum70

Those are the ones we need replacing, I hope when people go to vote they remember these ones were going let the people starve if they did not get their way. 

Oldcpecdr

Do we REALLY need to make this political ? This forum is a GREAT escape from the daily torture of partisanship.

Maybe we could all agree to enjoy our Horses and forgo politics...

Mike B 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

troutbum70

I apologize end of subject. 

stevasaurus

Read this before posting any more...  I think the thread itself has some merit, and if we can keep it on track that is OK.  Anymore of the above will end this thread. 

What bothers me, is the only thing we have to protect ourselves (at this point) is separation and seclusion.  We have no vaccine.  We have no idea how infectious this virus is.  We are not sure if someone has the virus, if they are still contagious.  We are not sure if we have anti-bodies if we even survived it.  We don't even know if any of us have been exposed to the virus because of lack of testing.  

I realize cities are different then rural areas, and less populated states are different then the rust belt...but it looks like anywhere there are people living in close proximity, this virus is deadly.  Prisons, retirement communities, meat packing factories, touring ships and care facilities are not immune.

I am curious to see what happens with those on the beaches of Florida, the State Parks of Michigan and the other states that are risking the lives of the people.  I just hope, and pray, those of us that have lived in quarantine to get control of this virus in 6-8 weeks, have not wasted our time because of a lot of those that can't see a virus, and they keep passing it around.  :eusa-think:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

tom2p

The primary objective of the 'quarantine' was to 'flatten the curve' so the health systems were not overrun  (hospitals / front line health care workers).

• Excellent 1

AMC RULES

Just the mere mention of reopening already has the new case numbers and deaths on the rise again. 

In the name of economic growth, know that you and yours are expendible.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1