D_Mac

Lambert / Farm-Ette 655 Need all the help I can get.

squonk
8 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I got the vinegar in it now. Im not giving it much hope. If anyone has a T-92 transmission let me know !

If your on FB at all ,There is a Power King group that have T-92's and parts quite often

https://www.facebook.com/groups/579251542128926/

also  new parts https://powerkingtractor.com/

Edited by squonk

D_Mac
6 hours ago, squonk said:

If your on FB at all ,There is a Power King group that have T-92's and parts quite often

https://www.facebook.com/groups/579251542128926/

also  new parts https://powerkingtractor.com/

Yeah I dont do any facebooking or instagram or tweeting. Maybe I should. Think I am taking the day off today. 

oliver2-44

I have a T92 that I need to put bearings in and the Powerking guys tell me there as easy or easier than Wheelhorse trannys to work on. Your tranny  looks very salvageable. Compared to some WH rusty one I’ve been into 

• Thanks 1

D_Mac
2 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

I have a T92 that I need to put bearings in and the Powerking guys tell me there as easy or easier than Wheelhorse trannys to work on. Your tranny  looks very salvageable. Compared to some WH rusty one I’ve been into 

The last photos of the inside of the tranny show the good side. If i were to spin it the other side where it was exposed is way worse. Some teeth are chipped, pitted badly and thats just the top shaft and gears. I cant tell the condition of the bottom one as I cant see it. None of the gears are sliding. I believe I am in over my head.

oliver2-44
On 5/8/2020 at 2:26 PM, D_Mac said:

I believe I am in over my head.

Just remember  to swim up!!!

All the knowledge here will walk you through it

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 1

D_Mac

Will its still soaking in the vinegar as @jabelman and @953 nut suggested. I took the chain off. Soaking for 2 days now. Wondering if anyone tried CLR or Navel Jelly for something like this before?

WHNJ701
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

Will its still soaking in the vinegar as @jabelman and @953 nut suggested. I took the chain off. Soaking for 2 days now. Wondering if anyone tried CLR or Navel Jelly for something like this before?

after 7 days just check it and wire brush all the loose junk off, and let it sit another few days.  that trans will clean up just fine, after that you can evaluate what will need to be replaced.

• Like 1

WHX??
On 5/8/2020 at 2:26 PM, D_Mac said:

believe I am in over my head.

Bad news Mac we ain't gonna let you give up..:lol:

Worse come to worse we is gonna have you send that tranny to one of us.! I been thru alot worst and  I know @Achto has been thru alot worse than me! 

20181104_180754.jpg

Believe it or not this tranny is now in a working tractor... 

20181113_181808.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac

@WHX24 That is a very generous offer and very impressive how clean you got those gears. Mine might be a little worse off though. Some of the gears that I can see on mine have some chipped teeth. Not bad but  few corners are chipped. There is a whole other shaft and set of gears I cant even see yet. Brings me to more questions... is the whole gear shot just cause a few chipped teeth? I say this for several reasons. One is the lack of money I can put into this project. Because of my cancer I havent worked in over a year no unemployment, no disability. I expected to spend some money on it but there has to be a limit.There are many other things its going to need. I believe I have a good engine ( Briggs 8hp ) and 2 rear tires for it. I need to find a front tie rod, bushings for front spindles, front tires, belts and chains. The tranny is the main issue. If I cant get it sorted there is no need to proceed any further. I might be stuck < just like the tranny> because after this soak I am not even sure how to get it apart to even try to figure out what it needs and then try to source the parts. I was hoping I could just free it up and use it as is. I realize that isnt in the cards now. That dosnt mean I am ready to quit, Im a fighter not a quitter. With help Im fighting through pancreatic and tonsil cancer. I might need some help on this but not ready to give up , may have to go on the back burner for awhile though. I appreciate the help and inspiration to press on with it.

WHX??

I wouldn't worry too much about chipped teeth on the gears. This girl is most likely just going to be used for leisurely seat time up and down the driveway.

D_Mac

That about sums it up. I wasnt sure about the gears. In your photo I see some parts in boxes. Where did you get them? I see some parts for a T-92 on EBay... little pricey.

D_Mac

Well just came back in from messing with this thing again. I drained the vinegar out. I didnt see much difference. I grabbed a hold of the big pully on the right hand side and tried rocking it back and forth. Well it busted loose. I am able to spin both of the " shafts ".  Calling them shafts because I dont know the actual name for them. The gears and shafts all spin but I still cant get the gears to move up and down on the shafts. I tried giving them a gentle tap but so far they are not budging. I did find photos of one that I think looks very cool. I like how they closed off the rear of it and added the rear lights.

l1.jpg

l3.jpg

l2.jpg

l7.jpg

l11.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 3
  • Heart 1

squonk

Soak it some more!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
3 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I grabbed a hold of the big pully on the right hand side and tried rocking it back and forth. Well it busted loose. I am able to spin both of the " shafts ".  Calling them shafts because I dont know the actual name for them. The gears and shafts all spin but I still cant get the gears to move up and down on the shafts. I tried giving them a gentle tap but so far they are not budging.

Progress is progress, no matter how small — Steemit

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

Went and checked on it this morning and tried shifting it....... no luck. Gave the shafts a quarter turn. I will continue this for a couple days. If they dont free up I will get serious. Maybe if I try heating them with a torch and tapping a little harder. I hate waiting but its freezing outside. I just sit now and fantasize about what colors I would paint it if I can get it functioning. I like the black one but I know how we all love Red.

lambert.jpg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

I hate waiting

I'm not really into it either but time is your friend.

I know others have said it already but just as a reminder.

it took decades to get this way. It's not going to take just a few days to get back to being usable.

When I have to use extreme patience in a situation like this I make sure I have other projects going so this one can just kind of sit in the background and stew.

I have an 8-speed transmission sitting in my cellar with the puller on a hub that has been there for at least two months. Every week or two I take the impact gun and give the center bolt a twist.

Eventually it will let go..

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

Yeah I think about maybe start sanding the hood or fenders or sourcing out other parts I am going to need but if I cant get the tranny to go the rest is pointless. Just curious, how do you go about painting the frame? Prepping it ? Do you spray on the primer and paint or brush on for heavier coat? Would love to powder coat frame and wheels but not in my budget. No sandblasting anything either.

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

frame?

We've done full restorations on two tractors now.

Trina's 867, Pony, was covered with Oliver green paint that look like somebody had laid it on there with a fire hose.

She wirebrushed nearly 100% of that tractor.

ALL of the green paint is gone.

When we did the Cinnamon horse, we didn't remove some areas of the original Wheelhorse red paint because it was still in very good condition. Other areas she brought it down to bare metal.

Following that it was the same procedure. She washes 100% of everything with acetone until she gets the surface as dirt free as possible.

We are not looking for show tractors so a long lasting perfect paint job is not what we are going for.

She has done some with full primer coverage and some with just the paint alone and we have honestly not noticed a difference as far as adhesion or durability.

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

I wouldnt mind keeping it rusty and sweaty looking but this one is to far gone. I am not looking for restoration either. just figured as long as it was apart be the time to put a little make up on it. So you sprayed everything? Im going to spray the hood and fenders the frame I thought lay it on a little heavier maybe by brushing it on. 

20200501_202005.jpg

20200501_202023.jpg

• Like 3

ebinmaine

Everything we've done is sprayed. No brush.

• Thanks 1

D_Mac
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Everything we've done is sprayed. No brush.

lol " WE " or " SHE" ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
41 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

lol " WE " or " SHE" ?

Hahahahahaha....

Valid point. Let me clarify that.

WE build the tractors. I do a large portion of the assembly. All the electrical work. Transmissions.

SHE most certainly is the one that does 99.999% of the painting and priming.

Stormin

I've only just looked through all this. Certainly some job you've taken on.

You seem to have tried/trying several methods of freeing up that transmission. I've found hydraulic oil can be a good de-ruster. That's about the only contribution I can make.

• Thanks 1

D_Mac
15 minutes ago, Stormin said:

I've only just looked through all this. Certainly some job you've taken on.

You seem to have tried/trying several methods of freeing up that transmission. I've found hydraulic oil can be a good de-ruster. That's about the only contribution I can make.

Well stay tuned to see how it ends ! Feel free to add your 2 cents in at any point along the way.

• Like 2

953 nut
6 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Maybe if I try heating them with a torch

:no:              Transmission gears and shafts are heat treated, they would become soft if you used a torch.            :angry-nono:

• Thanks 1