D_Mac

Lambert / Farm-Ette 655 Need all the help I can get.

D_Mac

If I can square away the tranny I will for sure paint it before putting it all back together. It is pretty rusty. Dosnt have the nice patina like the Speedanza. Yes I am not going to spend any money on it untill the transmission problem is addressed. I may be selling a bunch of parts and not buying a bunch of parts.

• Like 2

D_Mac

Got some more work done today. I also dont know if I have good news or bad news. Stripped the Lambert down all the way today. With the transmission completely exposed I took the top cover off. As you can see it dosnt look good. That being said I dont see anything broken. I still need to remove it. I would rather not remove EVERYTHING but at this point I might as well. I hope you guys stay with me. This is where I am going to need the most help. The thread seems to be losing interest. Is there such a thing as a rebuild kit for these or do you just take apart, clean, reassemble ?

20200506_162417.jpg

20200506_162435.jpg

20200506_164151.jpg

20200506_164159.jpg

20200506_164131.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 2

troutbum70

You most certainly have yourself a real clean up job ahead. Just take many pictures during the disasembly, looks like a super project. Just think of the great feeling you will have when you get to take it for a drive. 

• Thanks 1

D_Mac

I think I bit off more then I can chew. I wasnt planning on all of this, Now you know what I am thinking ....... if I can get the tranny working ..... I would be foolish to put it all back together without painting it ..... ughhhhh.... its never going to end. Somebody stop me.

• Haha 2

WHX??

I don't think it looks too bad. Mix up some acetone/ATF and put some in take a few days off and let it work. Every once in awhile take a little paint brush and hit the gears not immersed. After a few days see how it looks. Flush the gunk out and see how  everything turns you see if you have to strip it out. Looks like a fairly simple design so may not be a huge job you have to gut it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
2 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

..... ughhhhh.... its never going to end. Somebody stop me.

Lol welcome to my world Mac! :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WHNJ701
11 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

I don't think it looks too bad. Mix up some acetone/ATF and put some in take a few days off and let it work. Every once in awhile take a little paint brush and hit the gears not immersed. After a few days see how it looks. Flush the gunk out and see how  everything turns you see if you have to strip it out. Looks like a fairly simple design so may not be a huge job you have to gut it. 

exactly, as long as nothing is. broke which it doesn't look like that trans should free up.  look up t92, crosely, power king topics for parts diagrams, the parts are out if you need them, it's going to take some creative searching but, as I 

I posted this word a couple times on your posts (patience), you need to realize parts don't magically free up in 15 minutes.  

fill that trans up with cheap white vinegar and let sit for a few hours and get a wire brush

Edited by jabelman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

Is there such a thing as a rebuild kit for these or do you just take apart, clean, reassemble ?

This is where a bit of creativity, perseverance and research will pay off. Not too likely a kit exists, but you know we can find a source for bearings and seals if none of the gears are badly damaged. Once the soak that Jim @WHX24 talked about has been done and things will turn we will have a better idea of what is needed. Have you managed to remove the input pulley, break drum and output sprocket?

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Just thinking out loud would an E tank help here???

953 nut
8 minutes ago, jabelman said:

(patience), you need to realize parts don't magically free up in 15 minutes.

confucius-say.png.74e237a9dcec8c082dd1770f8eaa760f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 2

WHNJ701
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

Just thinking out loud would an E tank help here???

not trying to go off topic here,  10 gallons of vinegar in plastic tote does almost same as an electro tank.  just let it sit for week.  I have "pickeled" many tractors and other parts.  next to impossible to find anyone that sandblasts around here, if they do it's big $$

• Like 2

D_Mac

Well yes it seems I have my work cut out for me. Seriously have my doubts on if I can pull this off. Stop me if you think im going to do more damage then good. Tomorrow I want to roll it over to where I can get to my hose, undo the drain plug on the tranny, and with the cover off power wash to get as much junk out of the bottom of the tranny case as I can. There is A LOT of sediment on the bottom of that casing. After that I will spray it all down with brake cleaner. Put the plug back in. Fill it up with either vinegar or ATF/acetone. I will take the top half and put it in a bucket and soak it in the same solution. Anyone see any problems with that before I do it? Speak now or forever hold your piece !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Sounds like a good plan Mac. 

troutbum70

I don't think you could make it any worse by doing so. Getting the junk out of the way makes more room for more solution allowing to work better on the bigger problem.

squonk

Those T92’s do use any seals. At least on Power King they don’t. And only use 1/2 pt. Of lube. I use a mix of STP, Lucas Oil stabilizer and gear oil in mine. 

D_Mac

Well @squonk stopped by today to do a little trading and he gave me a hand on the Lambert. What do you think ? Came out pretty good. Amazing how much you can get done with an extra set of hands. Now I know how @pullstart gets so much work done!!!

l3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Pullstart

Great job @D_Mac!  @squonk I’m sure you had a blast ribbing Don with your one liners all the while :ROTF:

• Haha 1

D_Mac

Actually not much progress today. Power washed the case out. Got it to roll in neutral. Alot of pitting inside. Going to have to get it all apart. Needs bearings as well. Cant catch a break with this one. I have it soaking again. It spins but no chance the gears are moving back and forth on the shafts. 

20200507_123334.jpg

20200507_123243.jpg

• Sad 2

squonk
49 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Well @squonk stopped by today to do a little trading and he gave me a hand on the Lambert. What do you think ? Came out pretty good. Amazing how much you can get done with an extra set of hands. Now I know how @pullstart gets so much work done!!!

l3.jpg

Pictures either do wonders or add 10 lbs! :banana-dance:

• Haha 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

It spins but no chance the gears are moving back and forth on the shafts. 

Looks like a good candidate for a week-long vinegar soaking.

D_Mac

I got the vinegar in it now. Im not giving it much hope. If anyone has a T-92 transmission let me know !

• Like 2

WHNJ701
12 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

I got the vinegar in it now. Im not giving it much hope. If anyone has a T-92 transmission let me know !

no peeking for 7 days 

D_Mac

Ooooooh I am gonna peek, I have to make sure I keep spinning it so it gets all the way around the gears. Might be a good time to " switch gears" pun intended. @squonk traded me a pretty nice stack exhaust that would look pretty damn cool on the Speedanza. Maybe I should see if I can screw that one up trying to figure out how to mount it. I think the pipe is a little bigger then the one on it now.

oliver2-44
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

. I think the pipe is a little bigger then the one on it now.

I've seen pipe adapters at Oreilly and on Ebay

• Thanks 1

squonk

That stack was on 1" black iron. 

• Thanks 1