Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Achto
15 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

So hard to find and expensive though

He is not too bad off on the cash stuck into this one. Right around $2500 total invested.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2

lynnmor

Just now called about getting a tooth pulled and was quoted $1,006, is that nuts or what?

• Sad 2

lynnmor
5 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

C'mon down....I'm open.       $19.95 for one     $9.95 each additional tooth.   

Image result for vise grip pic

Pain killer     $5.00 / shot

Image result for Moonshine

I just saw a friend of mine that lives in Belleville, PA in the middle of Amish country, he just had a tooth pulled by an Amish "dentist" for the standard price of $10.  The "dentist" has the usual dentist chair, but I suppose the tools are the same as yours.  Anyway, your prices are too high.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

8ntruck

Went another round with the septic system today.  Rented a power drain auger.  It started catching on something near the end of the pipe at the sceptic tank.  Pushed a plug of stuff into the tank and it is running freely now.  However, I think there is a crack in the pipe as it approaches the tank 'cause I can see a crack in the bottom of the pipe that extends into the tank.   

Tomorrow's project is to dig up the pipe next to the tank and see what is going on.

Seems that this thread has gone full circle - @Mickwhitt started it with a post about digging up drain pipes.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Seems that this thread has gone full circle

Insert immature R rated 💩 comment here...

:ROTF:

• Haha 1

Ed Kennell
16 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

It started catching on something near the end of the pipe at the sceptic tank.

See the source image There should be a baffle covering the inlet and putlet pipe.     The inlet baffle is usually where the clog occures.

Care must be taken not to damage the baffle when using a power auger.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat:  Mine does not have a baffle around the inlet pipe.  I never got the auger into the tank.

stevasaurus

I've got a tool that is a combination tape measure, level, and a little red laser light.  Drives the cat crazy and that is very entertaining.  Most fun I've had in quite a while...pretty pathetic huh ???  :banana-dance:  When the cat sees the light on her tail...what a riot that is.  :orcs-cheers:  Getting a good picture is like herding cats.

DSCF9525.JPG

DSCF9526.JPG

• Haha 7

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Most fun I've had in quite a while...pretty awesome huh ???

I fixed it for ya...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Funny, It also works for Puppy Dogs.😂

You just have to take care they have enough room to break.

- not fair on sloopy floors, but ain‘t less funny.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oldskool

Just an FYI. It works on ducks too.😇

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

At least he is in the right lane...:eusa-think:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tractorhead
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

Passed @Pullstart Kevin’s new “Mobile Maple Syrup Factory” 😁

7D8F024E-F999-46FE-9888-C0512B3805BD.jpeg

Could be not a bad idea... 😇👍

• Like 2

Horse Newbie

Iris Lillies in full bloom…plant one and in a few years you’ll have 10,000.

If you drop a bulb on the ground, it will grow. You don’t have to “plant” these things… just get them in the dirt… they’ll grow. They are invincible. They survive, drought or flood !

Roses blooming… but Roses require more attention than mine get so they are not doing so well, but we still have blooms…

The petunia in the last pic is one that came back this year( not supposed to-it’s an annual).

69E0D4D2-26F2-49AE-A13D-5030C5FCA3F0.jpeg

1E87E87F-F045-4692-B04C-6F2E757A1E3E.jpeg

048B7025-BE09-46A9-83E6-B11BB276E4F8.jpeg

17616AE7-AA8D-4953-AD14-861E420A9B3F.jpeg

9D07816C-E509-49D2-A16E-584233B3C292.jpeg

2D4D50A1-44A6-497E-B73F-832C3E5F4FD2.jpeg

045F6F9D-D456-4216-98B5-4BF88402B3D7.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

8ntruck

Another round with the sceptic system today.  Dug up the inlet pipe to the tank.  Yup, it it cracked, as I suspected.

Now, the bad news.  The water level in the tank is about 1/2 way up the inlet pipe.  Not good.  This indicates potential drain field issues.  Got some people lined up to take a look tomorrow and Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

lynnmor
6 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Another round with the sceptic system today.  Dug up the inlet pipe to the tank.  Yup, it it cracked, as I suspected.

Now, the bad news.  The water level in the tank is about 1/2 way up the inlet pipe.  Not good.  This indicates potential drain field issues.  Got some people lined up to take a look tomorrow and Friday. 

On two different systems, I had the same problem.  It was the cast iron pipe on the exit side that closed up, a rather easy fix.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
11 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

This indicates potential drain field issues

This can result from the lack of a baffle.   The outlet baffle prevents the floating sludge from entering the outlet pipes.     Only the cleaner water under the floating sludge can enter the outlet to the drain field.     The inlet baffle also prevents the floating sludge from backing into the inlet pipe.    A vertical TEE on the ends of the pipes can act as a baffle.

• Like 1

8ntruck

@lynnmor - @Ed Kennell  I'm hoping that it turns out to be something relatively minor along these lines.  This system was installed around 1960 and been running well since.  It had some work done on it in the '90s.  Probably a new inlet pipe, but I don't know what else.

The tank itself does not have a baffle.  When it was pumped last Monday, I was paying attention to the inlet side.  I didn't think to take a look at the exit side while it was empty. 

Edit - digging through some old records this morning, I discovered a health department permit from 1976 for the sceptic system.  So, the system is 46 years old.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2

Stormin
19 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

At least he is in the right lane...:eusa-think:

Oh no he's not. :UK:

Been getting things ready for our vintage show this weekend. After tables, chairs and signage not being used for two years due to the covic. Despite being inside and covered up at the farm, everything was caked in dust and mouse droppings. So we had to pressure wash the lot before we could load the cattle trailer.

During the loading, as I was lifting a light table off the top of a heavier wooden one, the wooden one fell off the tractor transport box. I now have a nice big sore graze, as in taken the skin off, on the right side of

my right ankle. Not satisfied with that, the table, as I was lifting it upright stuck a screw into the heel of my right hand. 

Trailer loaded by 4pm so time for a break. Mishaps didn't stop there. First I dropped a block of cheddar cheese on the floor. Then dropped a cracker, butter side down on my lap. I declined the cream cake I was offered just incase that decided to commit hari kari and came home.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

squonk

I was going to say @Stormin  "well that takes the cake!" but you left it there! :hilarious:

We need a RS Hard Hat award in Britain! :confusion-seeingstars:

• Haha 1
  • Heart 1

stevasaurus

Burritos are the perfect food...they contain all of the 7 food groups, but you can't eat them all at once, it will wreck havoc on an old septic system.  If you love Burritos, like I do, you need to move to city sewage...and do not plant any trees on top of your septic pipes.  Mark my words...your patience will be rewarded.  I also suggest Hose Cuervo...it is Rotor Tiller spelled backwards.  :orcs-cheers:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Rotor Tiller spelled backwards

Steve old buddy you might not be working out of the same dictionary the rest of us are....

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

stevasaurus

Eric...there is no way you have the Hispanic Influence that we have in the Chicago Area.  Trust me, I speak the truth...wish you were here.  :occasion-xmas:

The guy on fire ate the Burrito.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2