Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

elcamino/wheelhorse

@formariz Is that door for a customer ? It looks great.

formariz
50 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@formariz Is that door for a customer ? It looks great.

Thank you. Yes door Jamb and beam previously shown are for same client with library. These are for the cabana or pool house they just built.

• Like 2

Stormin

This morning fired up the saw bench and by lunch there wasn't a scrap piece wood to be seen.

In the afternoon I went round the hedge row bottoms with the C-81 and finger bar and cut down all the big weeds and nettles.

Next got the C-125 out with mowing deck. The idea was to just go round where I'd mowed with the C-81. Got carried away a bit and mowed the green and verges as well.

Collected a chainsaw of a neighbour to see what I could do with it. Ended up with two more jobs of him. One to service his walk behind mower. The other to cut down all the patches of reeds in his field. :D

I must get a head cam as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

8ntruck
7 hours ago, squonk said:

When things subside replace that iron union with a brass one. That union will rust and send rust throughout your system.

Probably a good idea.  The well water has iron in it already, so maybe it won't rust as fast.

I'll put that on the list for winter shut down this year.

Mickwhitt

She decided to clean up an old machine pedestal to use as a bird bath, I watched her with a wire brush for a while then gave her a cordless grinder with flap disc on it.

Should have seen her go!

20200521_223739.jpg.98e4bcd374368126ff7cac5324c2f8fd.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Perhaps her and Trina are kindred spirits, give or take a thousand miles.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

squonk
6 hours ago, formariz said:

Thank you. Yes door Jamb and beam previously shown are for same client with library. These are for the cabana or pool house they just built.

Do they need a cabana boy? :banana-blonde:

• Haha 1

formariz
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Do they need a cabana boy? :banana-blonde:

I am first in line for that job.

• Haha 1

Stormin

Spent a couple of hours yesterday on the neighbours chain saw. It's one of those little, cheap Italian McCulloch ones from a super store. Air filter was absolutely clogged up with dust. Cleaned that as best I could. Cap for the chain oil tank was missing. No spark at the plug and none from the HT lead. Chain was badly worn. Took it back to him and informed him it was kaput. Buy a new one, but better quality.

Rest of the day spent inside due to gale force winds.

Mickwhitt

Windy here too, so did some paper work, had a meeting with a local councillor to discuss the community project and put up some planters for the Boss.

Mickwhitt

Lovely day here so testing my garden hammock to destruction. 

Neighbour decided it would be a good day to burn rubbish in his garden bin. I advised him strongly that not only was this against the law but also highly inconsiderate and ignorant.

The fire was put out pronto.

Back to the hammock...

• Like 4

Stormin

Carol has been gardening and pulling up weeds and over grown grass, from around the pond. I got the job of hauling it away with the Sears/Roper and Saxon trailer.

I also serviced next doors walk behind mower. Got three logs in return. :handgestures-thumbup:

P1030309.JPG.3e4d5bae292e8cf3ac194423ee4fe8b8.JPG

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

Shop closed today for Memorial Day, so I started my day by going to coffee with Rodger and the rest of our crew. Then Rodger and I figured we'd drag some telephone poles out from behind his shop so another friend of ours could come load them, rained enough last night that both our pickups just spun in the mud trying to pull them. So back to his house we went, I fired up his old R John Deere and drove it to the shop. Dragging those poles out of the weeds didn't even give the old 2 cylinder diesel a workout.

Anyone who knows me knows that my blood runs IH red through and through, but I have to say cruising down main street on the old R was a lot of fun

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

squonk
2 hours ago, Stormin said:

Carol has been gardening and pulling up weeds and over grown grass, from around the pond. I got the job of hauling it away with the Sears/Roper and Saxon trailer.

I also serviced next doors walk behind mower. Got three logs in return. :handgestures-thumbup:

P1030309.JPG.3e4d5bae292e8cf3ac194423ee4fe8b8.JPG

And you thought you were running out of things to do!:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

Trina, her mom, and I have had a relatively productive weekend.

Amongst a bunch of other things here's a few pics of some projects.

Trina's mom got a hand built bench from another relative a few weeks ago.

She primed/painted it white.

Then yesterday afternoon Trina threw a couple accent stripes on it.

IMG_20200525_181056_01.jpg.4016deafcc172061621cd4d69ea3ce1f.jpg

We removed the back doors and The Paint Department sprayed on a coat or 3 of green to go with the in process orange house paint.

IMG_20200525_181051_01.jpg.5fbc6ff31c6c42665491bf8bdff82349.jpg

Trina and her mom built a new improved larger sized handy dandy chicken egg laying box. Here is the result and a happy chicken saying hi.

IMG_20200525_181133_01.jpg.8350d08bf3193d2e0e2186cdb9b5a00b.jpg

A couple weekends ago(?) I hauled 7 loads of split wood out of the forest using Cinnamon Horse and the orange dumping trailer.

Today I pulled another 4.

This afternoon Trina and her mom stacked all of it. The shed is now full and another cord plus is stacked outside.

IMG_20200525_181108_01.jpg.55cdca506f6050e84006f059b30e59d2.jpg

IMG_20200525_181103_01.jpg.050ddc603a0ea7b39fc58b374db78832.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Mickwhitt

How do I upload videos?  Is it just a link to you tube etc?

Mick

• Like 1

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

How do I upload videos?  Is it just a link to you tube etc?

Mick

Yes sir that's exactly right. Go to your YouTube channel and click share.

Copy the link and paste it here.

Mickwhitt

Ok just a trial one to see if I get it right. 

• Like 2

Mickwhitt

That was me out for a ride on Fred, bit of a shake down run I guess.

Just on the sports field opposite my house.

Performed admirably.

Mick 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

That was me out for a ride on Fred, bit of a shake down run I guess.

Just on the sports field opposite my house.

Performed admirably.

Mick 

Looks good.

First posting is a success.

My only "hint" would be to turn the phone sideways during filming as @PeacemakerJack once taught me.

On YouTube the video sits fine but on Redsquare there are black stripes on both sides.

A 90 degree turn will stop that.

I've hit Subscribe and Notify so I'll see what adventures are next...

• Thanks 1

Stormin

Was asked to go up to the farm this morning for a self distancing coffee. Not been there for two months due to the way things are. Was asked what I thought of starting to go up helping out  again. Said it was up to him and his wife. But I was a bit dubious of going in the house for dinner. Joyce has health issues. We agreed that instead of doing a full day, I'd just do a couple of afternoons. May start next week. I mainly do the workshop jobs, repairs etc. and work alone for the most of the time.

This afternoon took the C-81 and finger bar into next doors neighbours field and mowed down clumps of sieves for him.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Spent the day looking around You-Tube for things the people have been doing while in "Lock Down".  Check out this video of the perfect Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder.  This is a riot.  Four squirrels learning to conquer the Bird Feeder.  :occasion-xmas:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Stormin

Finished off the rest of the neighbours sieves. He offered to get me a couple of gallons of petrol. Now there are two big trees at his entrance, that his wife wants taken down. I said when you get them cut down, just send some my way. "Will you have enough room"? he said. "I'll make room" said I. He agreed to the deal. Beats a couple of gallon of fuel. :banana-rock:

Next job out with the C-125 and mowed the green and verges.  

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Finished off the rest of the neighbours sieves. He offered to get me a couple of gallons of petrol. Now there are two big trees at his entrance, that his wife wants taken down. I said when you get them cut down, just send some my way. "Will you have enough room"? he said. "I'll make room" said I. He agreed to the deal. Beats a couple of gallon of fuel. :banana-rock:

Next job out with the C-125 and mowed the green and verges.  

Super cool. Nothing like free firewood.

• Like 1

Stormin

Green and lane verges.

P1030314.JPG.6cd17b72c6f5f707d50d71b57a1e0c3d.JPG

P1030313.JPG.c7accf6bbbd1410ce2eb79b9ba2e2b1e.JPG

Trees. Mine all mine.

P1030311.JPG.0712d12e96b6724c947208e82c05370e.JPG

P1030312.JPG.cae9a62913a068bcb07e3dc8e7bf52fb.JPG

• Like 1