Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

WHX??
34 minutes ago, JCM said:

Wish I was 35 again.   :occasion-xmas:

As gorgeous George said Plunge... get a haircut and get a real job! :lol:

Well oh nevermind I forget you are a journeymen. 

You need to pull the pin Jim... better times to be spent up at the love shack... ❤️  just sayin...:lol:

• Haha 2

Horse Newbie

So the yellow and white tractor(my grass cutter), was needing her deck blades sharpened, oil and filter change, chassis lube, and the air / pre-cleaner filter serviced. When I backed her out of the stables, proof was left on the floor…

Slid the deck out from under her belly, but before I got into the blade sharpening and spindle lubing, I decided to service the tractor first.

So in my usual fashion, I went a little past an oil change…

I figured now would be a good time to remove some of the grime … I wound up with the air filter back plate off because I couldn’t get to some of the grime. I wound up making a gasket that goes between the backing plate and the carb. Since I was this far along I dropped the carb bowl and emptied that out. 

I used Lucas Red Tacky grease to grease the wheel bearings, front axle pivot shaft, steering knuckles, and all other grease fittings…

Got the grease gun hung up on the grease fitting on the steering gear box and didn’t think I was gonna get it loose…

Didn’t finish the tractor service much less the deck…

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2346.jpeg

IMG_2347.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2350.jpeg

IMG_2351.jpeg

IMG_2352.jpeg

IMG_2353.jpeg

IMG_2354.jpeg

IMG_2355.jpeg

IMG_2356.jpeg

IMG_2358.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 7

Horse Newbie

Got part of removing grass build up from the underside of the deck today…

would have finished it if I had not broken the first paint removal disc on my right angle dye grinder…

I was using a rubber backing pad and I should have been using a plastic one.

Naturally this sharpen blades, clean underneath, and grease the spindles turned into the underside getting prepped for the POR-15 treatment…

IMG_2360.jpeg

IMG_2361.jpeg

IMG_2362.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

• Like 6

formariz

Did some reflecting while watching the reflection on the pond.385CCAD3-A0EF-4130-B26A-B6943C6A04A8.jpeg.1f7ff7d19db6460f8ee5b1c5f6268548.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

8ntruck

More cart work for Morgan, the 14-8.  Hauled a couple loads of leaves left at the shoreline up into the woods.  Next, I hauled 4 dock sections from winter storage stacks to the yard behind the lake house for washing and another coat of stain before going into the lake. 

The dock job got unexpectedly moved up the list today.  I called the boat dealer where our pontoon is in winter storage to see if they could get it ready to pick up before Memorial Day.   No problem, they said.  Will call you when it is ready.  Got a call from them a few hours later, saying the pontoon is ready to pick up.  Seems the tech just happened to have our pontoon hooked up to the fork truck moving it out of the way to get a different boat out of storage when the request for my pontoon hit the shop.  Since mine was hooked up to the fork truck, it got rolled into the shop and de-winterized first.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2

Horse Newbie

I thought “flying fish” at first…

IMG_2368.jpeg

Horse Newbie

Took the angle grinder and some sanding discs to the Cub deck some more…

Prepping for the POR-15…

Yellow paint, and red oxide primer going, going, almost gone…

IMG_2363.jpeg

IMG_2366.jpeg

IMG_2367.jpeg

• Like 1

Horse Newbie

Finished cleaning the underside of the Cub deck, prepped for the POR-15…

I achieved the white powdery look on the metal, so I went for it.

Now to go see what my neighbor Grady is doing…

IMG_2370.jpeg

IMG_2371.jpeg

IMG_2372.jpeg

IMG_2373.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Horse Newbie said:

Finished cleaning the underside of the Cub deck, prepped for the POR-15…

I achieved the white powdery look on the metal, so I went for it

Excellent transformation 😁

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Picked up a 416-8 carcass. I just wanted the engine but he wanted the whole thing gone. Who am I to argue? :confusion-shrug:

10364D19-19C0-4304-AB5D-3AFAB236AC85.jpeg

1A2023C2-8182-491E-B26A-9A6BF4B87607.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 4

Horse Newbie

I got yelled at for tying a tractor down with clothesline…

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

I got yelled at for tying a tractor down with clothesline…

You're Right!

@19richie66

You've been BAD !!!

No rope. No bungies. 

Ooooooooooooooo.....

• Haha 3

19richie66
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

You're Right!

@19richie66

You've been BAD !!!

No rope. No bungies. 

Ooooooooooooooo.....

All my tie downs are at home. Luckily it fits in the bed. I have it sitting on 2x6 boards now so it won’t rock. Should make it home 😁

• Like 2

c-series don

@19richie66 That must have been a hard one to push in the truck 🤣😂 I’ll bet you were mad when you had to take the free transmission that came with the deal !! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19richie66
8 minutes ago, c-series don said:

@19richie66 That must have been a hard one to push in the truck 🤣😂 I’ll bet you were mad when you had to take the free transmission that came with the deal !! 

Very upset 😂 He loaded it with a fork attachment on his kubota. Neither of us even broke a sweat. If had known I was getting it, I would have made sure I had something to secure it better before I left home. Should be fine  :hide:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rick3478
16 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Picked up a 416-8 carcass. I just wanted the engine but he wanted the whole thing gone. Who am I to argue? :confusion-shrug:

Good find! :wh: Who takes off the wheels and leaves the good stuff?  Just sayin'. :eusa-think: So if you just wanted the engine ... no, bad thought, too far for me to drive. :D

• Haha 1

Oldskool

Did, doing, still doing. Feeding the hungry ole rolling brush burner. Taking advantage of the rain from last night/morning.

20230521_120916.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Since we had a hard freeze the other night Trina and her mom lost a bunch of plants. 

They each went to different places to purchase replacements. All local. 

Today they're out transplanting. 

74 total. 

Many tomatoes. 

Zucchini. Other green stuff. 😁

The three of us are also spending some time cleaning up and reorganizing the yard, barn, and tractor parts/future project tractors pile. 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
7 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

we had a hard freeze the other night Trina and her mom lost a bunch of plants.

Sorry to hear this.      I'm fearful every spring that a late frost will kill my fruit tree buds.     I got lucky this year...looks like a good crop of apples, pears, and plums.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Sorry to hear this.      I'm fearful every spring that a late frost will kill my fruit tree buds.     I got lucky this year...looks like a good crop of apples, pears, and plums.

Thanks Ed but no worries.  

Trina's ALWAYS got a good back up plan. 

We've been mulling over building a tighter greenhouse that can be heated... Or keeping all the plants on more mobile platforms for easier transport in/out of the heated basement.   

• Like 2

Oldskool
18 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Or keeping all the plants on more mobile platforms for easier transport in/out of the heated basement.   

Our little green house is built that way.

4ft x 8ft wheels and casters. 1in water pipe hoops for the supports. Clear plastic top. The top is on hinges to easily tend the plants. We can roll it around the yard for better sun. If it looks like frost is coming just roll it into the garage. If it had a hitch that would make it so much better 

• Like 2

19richie66
4 hours ago, Rick3478 said:

Good find! :wh: Who takes off the wheels and leaves the good stuff?  Just sayin'. :eusa-think: So if you just wanted the engine ... no, bad thought, too far for me to drive. :D

I originally only wanted the engine but had no problem taking the rest with me. 

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It
On 5/20/2023 at 5:05 PM, 19richie66 said:

10364D19-19C0-4304-AB5D-3AFAB236AC85.jpeg

1A2023C2-8182-491E-B26A-9A6BF4B87607.jpeg

Good score Richie!!! The 416-8 is one of my top favorite Wheel Horses. They will do anything yo ask of them. When you get it running, throw that pepper shaker muffler away and put a stack on it. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Parts is parts @19richie66... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Horse Newbie

Finished up Grady’s wife’s She-Shed by figuring out the little wiring problem, putting a drain line in from a downspout coming from his shop next door that will run under the she shed concrete porch, finishing all the caulking around the outside of the shed, putting up the ceiling fan, last receptacle…

Now I can concentrate more on my projects, like the C-160…

IMG_2374.jpeg

IMG_2375.jpeg

IMG_2376.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

IMG_2378.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1