Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

ebinmaine
46 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

I've yet stepped in a drain pan, but it seems like I spill it every time I change oil. I always tell myself, watch out for the waste oil, then by the time I'm done I should have just drained it on the floor.

Yyyeeeaaahhh.  

Me too ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oldskool
53 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

I've yet stepped in a drain pan, but it seems like I spill it every time I change oil. I always tell myself, watch out for the waste oil, then by the time I'm done I should have just drained it on the floor.

The worst part was I moved it out of the way just before stepping in it. I ended up stepping in it because of something I did not move. . Danged if I do.....danged if I don't I guess. lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

formariz

Designed another one. Time to put it in wood now.

06BEF1EA-6013-44D4-A922-1951A869BBF3.jpeg.c31b9d3426f1f895e77cacfee095ddc0.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Heart 3

lynnmor

I picked up a few sticks and burned them.

IMG_0751.JPG.0a37ff73433d8c18e2968764252d93e3.JPG

• Like 4

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

messing around

Like that catch phrase Richie!! 

• Haha 1

ebinmaine

Started the day watching the 🦌 in the backyard.  

IMG_20230402_065813_HDR.jpg.8690503724e93dc9cd466476b3ce1fa7.jpg

After that the  BBT and I spent some time getting the area cleared where the gray portable garage will be permanently located. Just downhill a bit from the barn. 

The ramp that was built into the excavation project is too high and steep for continued usage so we're going to use that very dirt to build a flat spot at the base of its current location.  

We'll clear a new path out the far side of the barn site for traveling up out of the forest with firewood.  It'll be longer and won't go as high. MUCH more tractor friendly.  

In between puttering around with Millie we also moved the old frame from what was the original tractor shed. The tan colored portable garage.  

That'll be Trina's greenhouse out back by the garden.  

IMG_20230402_185745.jpg.aeca76d66f589e3b0bbb9053da52bfd7.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

WHX??
27 minutes ago, Achto said:

Getting closer on my IH 656 project

Looking way to good to be in a place where it's gonna die... again... I realize it's relation but hopefully thers a clause in the contract to check/change the oil every 1000 hrs or so... :wacko:

• Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

Achto
11 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Looking way to good

Just a quick fizz bomb job to keep things from rusting prematurely, definitely not show quality. Will be installing a new hour meter & keeping tabs on it. 

WHX??
21 minutes ago, Achto said:

Will be installing a new hour meter

Hopefully he knows what it means

Is he gonna do pumpkins again? Turf to turn? ... I'm in... 

• Like 2

Achto
1 minute ago, WHX?? said:

Turf to turn? ... I'm in

Will let you know.

• Like 1

Horse Newbie

So Saturday I decided to replace a fence post… turned into 3 posts and 5 rails.

The hardest part is getting the broken piece out of the hole…

Finished on Sunday…

Don’t know if it slows down the rotting or not , but I wrap the part in the ground with roofing felt paper…

C8BEB133-7A57-4AF1-B670-420088A3F001.jpeg

BF6BD8E5-1D46-4E44-9526-BF754C0B50D2.jpeg

02A4F5AC-DE65-43B1-9410-E117C7D670F5.jpeg

B678EFC0-6FC9-4884-B409-A534C3E28F63.jpeg

684550D7-0DA3-444B-97DB-05D9EBCB2707.jpeg

21C30730-C6AA-4790-B8BE-BB027C916BA1.jpeg

• Like 9

Horse Newbie

On Sunday, after I finished the fence, I cut the weeds…

Looks good if I do say so myself…😆

78F1EABC-77ED-4022-A8AB-5A33AF81B835.jpeg

ED0C9F68-2563-490E-B691-2BDBF68F971F.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8ntruck

Last week Tuesday we took off on a trip to New Orleans.  The high school robotics team I mentor had a competition there that started Thursday and finished up Saturday. 

My wife and I drove 'cause we didn't want to do a 12 hour buss ride with the team.  Good choice on our part.  The AC on the bus quit and they had a tire blow out.  They left at something like 3am and finally got into New Orleans around 9 pm.

The team did well at the meet.  Ended up seated #1 after the qualification rounds, lost in the 2nd round of the double elimination playoffs.  That put us in the lower bracket where a loss would send us home.  We sent the #5 alliance home, the #2 alliance, who had lost in the same round we did sent the #6 alliance home, #3 alliance sent the #4 alliance packing and advanced to the finals.  The next round was us against the #2 alliance.  We won that match by one point, eliminating the #2 alliance.  We then beat the #3 alliance in the final round, which was a best of 3 matches.  Used all 3 matches, lost the first, won the 2nd and 3rd.  We took the long route, but we won the meet.  As of tonight, the team is ranked 23rd out of the 3,200 or so teams world wide.

My wife and I took three days to travel home, avoiding the interstates.  We drove the 20 mile long bridge over Lake Ponchitrain on our way there and the causeway over the eastern end of the lake, through the biyous on the way home.  Stopped at a senic overlook/boat ramp and saw 2 alligators in the water.  When we got to Baton Rouge, we stopped at the Bluebonnet swamp nature preserve. Ended up in Natchez, Miss. Sunday night. Made our way up just north of Little Rock, Ak. on Monday.  Today, we made it to our mid Mo. winter location.  Was a pleasant drive through the Boston Mountains in northern Ak.

Interesting vehicles sighted in fields along the way include a notchback Vega,  a Chevy Citation,  Linclon Zephyer, a mid 50's Ford 2 door wagon, an early 60's International Tavelall, and numerous '57 to '60 GM pickups.  There was also an extended frame A/C tractor with a belly blade - kind of a mini road grader arrangement. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

team is ranked 23rd

FANTASTIC!!

Congratulations to them. 

:party:

Nice that you took the Roads Less Traveled on the way home.  

• Like 1

Pullstart

Taxes….  The one thing in life that stresses me out sincerely.  Not sure why, it happens whether I like it or not.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

Taxes….  The one thing in life that stresses me out sincerely.  Not sure why, it happens whether I like it or not.  

8B56B36D-D2CE-4D26-9A9D-EFDCCF4D744B.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

lynnmor

I ended the fun for three young punks at the supermarket.  They were harassing customers and moving things around, when I saw them place a gallon of milk next to the bleach, I got a store employee to show them the door.  Thanks punks, you made my day!  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, sjoemie himself said:

weaving willow branches into a natural fence

Nice wattle fence !!

Trina's made a couple of short ones around here.  

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

My Local Gardening Professional AKA BBT AKA Trina... And her mom, spent some time prepping for the upcoming growing season.   

They removed all the old dead plants from the garden. Did some scraping and shaping out there. 

Then planted a pile n a few of some seedlings. Several varieties of tomatoes. Lettuce. Cucumber. Other stuff. 

Then Trina had the stroke of genius to use sealable space bags for a miniature greenhouse.  

IMG_20230408_143736_HDR.jpg.746acb379e49d7918ce1ebd82dcf3817.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine

They also have started rearranging the Dojo for use very soon as the weather is warming up.  

Trina added more floor mats around the outside. Her and her mom flipped all the old red mats (it was a checkerboard) so the whole floor set is black now.  

IMG_20230408_161018.jpg.3864439f9396cdb9f5f06cc45b23494b.jpg

@Pullstart and Mrs Pullstart that desk is where the laptop will sit for your workouts. 

• Excellent 4

squonk

Moved the trailer with the 1467 then changed it's oil. Took the snowplow off of the HHHOOOWWWAAARRRDDD!!! and put the deck on that. Sprayed the weeds that are starting to grow already. Took the plastic off of the porch. Swept the floors in the house and washed the dog blankets. And attached 2 chickens to the 60 suburban yard art tractor. :)

chickens.jpg.47a375ab68587a5f5afc56164d32746a.jpg

• Like 4