Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Mickwhitt

Thats his only job, digging ditches on the farms of Danum (thats the Roman name for Doncaster as they found it first but buggered off when they realised you couldn't grow grapes or olives or anything much there and the airport was pretty small).

Curiously enough the Pilgrim fathers set sail for America from Doncaster around 1620 (which is twenty past four in Old money 💰 and shows they had a good tea before setting off). They got lost en route and spent a bit of time in Holland 🇳🇱 (not because of the cannabis I'm sure) but eventually found their way to New England 🇬🇧 somewhere in America 🇺🇸 which now belongs to America after we lost it to them in a vicious and protracted "war of innepennance" which was started when said Americans tried to make tea from sea water which did not go down well with the English Red coats and is why Americans still drink "Coffee" to this day, which is from Brazil, where they drink an awful lot of coffee. 

Mick whitts, Emeritus professor of history at the University of Barnsley and unemployed sausage knotter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart 1

WHX??

Hilarious Mick  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2

Dan.gerous

It's just gone midnight and we are all up to start weaning the piglets.

We go to each outside pen and pick the mother's up with the trailer, and shut the hut door so the (hopefully) sleeping piglets are trapped inside.

Should be done by 8am, then everyone else turns up and collects the piglets and brings them into the weaning shed.

A truck will pick them up on Friday morning and take them to Yorkshire where another farm makes them big.

I'm just doing it for free to help out my wife and because I'm stupid! The kids all come out as well so it's a real family evening.

spacer.png

IMG_20200716_105213.jpg

IMG_20200716_105248.jpg

Edited by Dan.gerous
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Just think of all the good folks you are keeping in bacon, chops, ham & sausage Dan. Fright I'm hungry now... hey did I ever tell you all the meat around a pig's @$$ is pork? :laughing-rolling:

Yorkshire you say??? The dickens you say I got a Yorkshire!

20200630_164258.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
54 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

unemployed sausage knotter

I hate to go pointing out the obvious Mick but caint ya just go buy some animal gutts and get back to work??

They's gotta be a passel o people hanging about lookin for professional knotted links. 

Now you all wanna talk about coffee. 

Any one o ya.  Stop by here sometime an I'll make ya up some coffee.

Pronounced "cuff-ee". Not "caw-fee". 

Boiled. Cowboy coffee. Camp coffee. 

THAT'S coffee. 

Sweet. Delicious. Strong. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Dan.gerous

I want to go to bed!

IMG_20200806_021924.jpg

IMG_20200806_013614.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Stepney

Long long day for this old GT-1448, but finally wrapped up some small and large problems.. 

Somehow the threads in the intake tappet failed.. been chasing my tail trying to keep it running for weeks and getting worse and worse, thought it somehow rounded off the lobe..

Anyway. A nifty brass spacer later, we're up and running again. Tore out the rats nest of old Briggs wiring and did her up proper for the Kohler and lighting-coil headlight system. 

Funny to not have to mess with it every time I want it to move now.. 

IMG_3896.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
On 7/19/2020 at 8:27 AM, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: Who was trained in water rescue there?

WOW!

Imagine you're kids having to witness that!

• Haha 2

Mickwhitt

Eric,  when you say camp coffee do you mean Camp coffee  

coffee100906_228x531.jpg.0d9b90fb16fb95a6ac6059bac5c515fb.jpgThis stuff was the drink of choice for my great grandmother; Bertha Sabina Pantry. It was brewed in a cast iron vessel as other materials did not have sufficient strength to contain the chemically active substance safely. It also stained any material it came into contact with dark brown and was used to permanently colour the hair of children born with the genetic disorder "Gingerious Hairius" to save them from a lifetime of ridicule. Camp coffee was developed in Scotland, well known for its profusion of ginger people and it was probably an early form of hair dye before it was found to be drinkable. The Scots are also renowned for drinking other unpalatable liquids such as Brasso metal polish and Irn Bru (apparently distilled from girders according to the original patent).

It was adopted in Yorkshire as an effective boot polish and was sometimes made into a drink before bursting onto the world scene as a spray tanning solution when "Strictly come dancing 💃" became popular. 

Camp coffee was originally  taken on military campaigns to provide a taste of home for troops fighting in foreign lands. Given that home was in Bonny Scotland one can only imagine what that taste would have been; deep fried Mars bar perhaps?

Made with boiled milk, which is the only known substance that Camp coffee will mix with, this drink has a distinctive flavour which is nothing like coffee.

All information courtesy of Mikipedia, the alternative history guru.

😅

• Haha 3
  • Heart 1

Stormin

Don't know what your on, Mick. But must be good stuff. I think I'll have to cross the Pennines and pay a visit. :banana-rock:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dan.gerous

First contact - it looks like an alien encounter.

In the second photo we decided to go for the "Tron" look - hi Vis and a flash do not work so well.

Third photo, the girls taking a quick break while we take pigs back to the shed.

IMG_20200806_041243.jpg

IMG_20200806_041257.jpg

IMG_20200806_054412.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

Gingerious Hairius

:ROTF:

Being of northern European descent myself I find this particularly amusing. However I am lucky enough to have been afflicted with a slightly different syndrome.  Whiteous hairius. 

The coffee ish substance I make isn't the same as your metal wreckoning hair dye though possibly a distant relative or derivative. 

• Haha 2

Dan.gerous
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

:ROTF:

Being of northern European descent myself I find this particularly amusing. However I am lucky enough to have been afflicted with a slightly different syndrome.  Whiteous hairius. 

The coffee ish substance I make isn't the same as your metal wreckoning hair dye though possibly a distant relative or derivative. 

I was lucky - gingers run in the family but completely missed my brother's and I  All our uncles on both sides should have been put in a weighted sack and dropped in a river to stop potential spreading.

Edited by Dan.gerous
  • Haha 4

Dan.gerous

And finally the fruits of our night and days labour - it doesn't look like much but that's roughly what we send away every three weeks, rain hail or shine.

received_294147921866385.jpeg

received_1423001081227920.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

That's a lot of piggies

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dan.gerous
29 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That's a lot of piggies

660 to be precise 🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

YUM!

I like sausage...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Lol... did I mention I love pork rinds! My wife used to chide me about eating them. Now she's hooked on them and buys 3 -4 bags at a time! Keep up the good work Dan we'll be thinking of you when we are filling up on @Achto's smoked pulled pork on plough day! 

415a1301-467c-432a-b513-57462dcdb8d6_1.2be01b0d87492a90508610bbdf51ce92.jpeg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Dan.gerous
35 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Lol... did I mention I love pork rinds! My wife used to chide me about eating them. Now she's hooked on them and buys 3 -4 bags at a time! Keep up the good work Dan we'll be thinking of you when we are filling up on @Achto's smoked pulled pork on plough day! 

415a1301-467c-432a-b513-57462dcdb8d6_1.2be01b0d87492a90508610bbdf51ce92.jpeg

I'm just the free help, my real job is a lot less exciting - my wife runs the farm and keeps your wife in pork rinds 😊

• Haha 3

Dan.gerous
3 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

YUM!

I like sausage...

Our old ones go to Germany and become salami.

• Heart 2

bottjernat1

BACON BITS!!! NUM NUM!!

• Like 1

Stormin

There's a farm near me that raises pigs. I think they're bred inside. Every so often two artic livestock trailers take pigs away. Not seen or heard of any outside. It's not a place I go near.

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
26 minutes ago, Stormin said:

There's a farm near me that raises pigs. I think they're bred inside. Every so often two artic livestock trailers take pigs away. Not seen or heard of any outside. It's not a place I go near.

Ours are all outside, they each have their own hut and small paddock to rear the piglets in. Only time they are inside is when being served by AI and the bulls - it's not a bad life for them.

Stormin

BULLS??? Boars man. Boars. Wife taught you nowt? :teasing-poke:

• Haha 5

Dan.gerous
8 minutes ago, Stormin said:

BULLS??? Boars man. Boars. Wife taught you nowt? :teasing-poke:

Lol, it's been a long day!  Yes I meant boars 🙄

That's the trouble with putting seafarers on farms!

• Haha 4